Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could be that Coady has found his best position at CH as i find him to one paced in midfield

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not big enough and although you can't put it all down to him, we shipped goals against Boro when Hause went off.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would want to see him a few more time at CH before I agree. He had a 'decent' 45 minutes at CH, but the team still conceded 3 in that time (admittedly not necessarily his personal fault). I felt second half he was a red card waiting to happen, but fair play to him, it never came.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree MM, He looked good when switched to that position on Saturday.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked good ? He sat off the striker , didn't engage and hoofed the ball out of play 9 times out of 10...I thought he looked dreadful and shudder to think of what will would happen if CD get's 1 on 1 with him Saturday.

We need to sign a centre half period.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not big enough and although you can't put it all down to him, we shipped goals against Boro when Hause went off.

These goals were due to Price coming into our midfield to keep things ticking over.

P

paddy

Was playing too far In front of their ball players when in midfield
Can only assume KJ had told him to
He was pointless and making rash chasing tackles
Needs to play close to KMC like price to be effective in CDM

Meis_Corn

Reaction score
Looked good ? He sat off the striker , didn't engage and hoofed the ball out of play 9 times out of 10...I thought he looked dreadful and shudder to think of what will would happen if CD get's 1 on 1 with him Saturday.

We need to sign a centre half period.

I also thought he looked poor, constantly sitting off and allowing their striker to turn. He may have been worried about a second yellow in his defence.

Would much rather play Doherty at centre back if we don't bring in a replacement, bulky, good in the air and has played there before.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like we got some FA coaches on here today..

M

merseawolf

Can't agree more Bugsy. I must of been watching a differant game to all these who say he played well at CH. I know he was on a booking but he never got close to Nugent, his headers clear where weak and his distibution for a midfielder who should at least be able to find a team mate was abysmal. If ever there was a need to clear his lines and get the team 15 yards further up the pitch it was the last 10mins on Sat. Needless misdirected passes straight to Boro or playing a pass to a Wolves player under pressure was our downfall and Boro played him and us perfectly. I dont ever want to see Coady in our defence again and how he gets in our midfield ahead of Price leaves me baffled confused and worried.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm in the Bugsy camp, he was visibly $$$$ting himself at CB on Saturday. He was just happy to get the ball away from his position and breathe a sigh of relief.

Overall I just don't get him, he's a bit non-descript and doesn't do any one thing well. Doesn't really make a contribution, would rather have Price, or even Saville, Rowe above him at the moment.

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't agree more Bugsy. I must of been watching a differant game to all these who say he played well at CH. I know he was on a booking but he never got close to Nugent, his headers clear where weak and his distibution for a midfielder who should at least be able to find a team mate was abysmal. If ever there was a need to clear his lines and get the team 15 yards further up the pitch it was the last 10mins on Sat. Needless misdirected passes straight to Boro or playing a pass to a Wolves player under pressure was our downfall and Boro played him and us perfectly. I dont ever want to see Coady in our defence again and how he gets in our midfield ahead of Price leaves me baffled confused and worried.

Totally agree! I got slated when I started a thread on Coady saying he was a waste of money!!

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=94284

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Currently doing Level 2, but that saying anyone who fails level one needs to play tiddlewinks.
But to be fai you can see Coady is NOT a Central defender, and putting him their as a makeshift for 30 minutes is the most i'd like to see him at it.
What about Deslanders (Speeling) is he not central? Docherty is not the answer either. without going old ground, This is a problem caused by the senior statemans of Wolverhampton Wanderers, and again it will be the fans that have to suffer.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm in the camp which felt he was really steady...I was expecting carnage and he was fine. When he was in midfield he was clearly instructed, along with Edwards, to play box to box. MacDonald was mainly sitting I guess to him not having the legs to play the pressing game. Jacko also picked up a running role when he came on and interestingly, Fabrini exploited that gap in front of the centre backs for the equaliser. Pity Jacko wasn't playing there.

I suppose Coady is to some extent joining the scapegoat list at the moment and I hope they test both Cody and Doherty at CB in midweek to see who's best suited if Iorfa isn't fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently doing Level 2, but that saying anyone who fails level one needs to play tiddlewinks.
But to be fai you can see Coady is NOT a Central defender, and putting him their as a makeshift for 30 minutes is the most i'd like to see him at it.
What about Deslanders (Speeling) is he not central? Docherty is not the answer either. without going old ground, This is a problem caused by the senior statemans of Wolverhampton Wanderers, and again it will be the fans that have to suffer.
level 2 is easy as well b is quite tough though :D

M

merseawolf

The top coaching courses must be a piece of $$$$ too if Joe Gallens got them.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in the Bugsy camp, he was visibly $$$$ting himself at CB on Saturday. He was just happy to get the ball away from his position and breathe a sigh of relief.

Overall I just don't get him, he's a bit non-descript and doesn't do any one thing well. Doesn't really make a contribution, would rather have Price, or even Saville, Rowe above him at the moment.

That's quite messy !

I think he's rapidly becoming the target of the boo boys (Dave Edwards stand down), so would think his confidence isn't exactly sky high right now, especially if every time he $$$$s up he gets it in the neck.

I don't think he's alone, there's a few players right now who are playing with low confidence and treating the ball as though its a hot potato.

Jack Price has performed well of late that's for sure but personally wouldn't say that they are a similar type of player.

M

merseawolf

No they are nothing like similar. I'd have Evans back in before Coady maybe even Saville. No surprise Liverpool got rid.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

Height is irrelevant if you have positional sense
Bobby Moore was the classic example .

M

merseawolf

Sadly right Jonzy although these days the Acadamies wouldnt give many lads much of a chance to develop at centre half unless they are big and powerfull.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We shipped gosls when we had no midfield left and Jackett failed to make subs .

One goal was due to a tired player tracking back and conceding a pen , another due to Batth not closing down iirc then a final goal from an absolute worldie of a free kick .

The last 20 mins were horrific and all down to a lack of midfield because subs weren't used. The 70 mins before whilst boro had more possession I would say we looked more threatening with afobe twice denied by absolute quality defending

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady was a central defender at Liverpool, so in a desperate situation he is an option. Batth gave away a silly freekick for the 3rd, Byrne for the 2nd so all in all none of the goals were Coadys fault..

D

Daytripper

He looked woeful at CB never moved out wide to cover the full back or into midfield to press the ball a complete fish out of water! He's a poor midfielder and an abysmal defender

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We are all FA coaches or FM managers it seems.

Which is which, is anybody's guess. But it would be interesting to see, Poll?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady, for me a 451 kind of midfielder. let him have the freedom to roam around and put his foot in. Don't limit his strengths by making him cover the pockets. Let him get stuck in.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All the time I read threads on here about various young players who are trying to improve and time after time I think why should some of these lads show loyalty when they have to read exaggerated abuse from people who probably can't kick a football ? Some who get slated might be best mates with Afobe or Dicko etc and they're not going to be impressed either.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Height is irrelevant if you have positional sense
Bobby Moore was the classic example .
Please do not mention Coady in the same breath as Bobby Moore who was a master of anticipation and reading the game. Moore also played more like a sweeper than a conventional CB. 50 years on the average footballer has become bigger, more physical and more athletic. We don't see many lightweight CBs around these days and the same could be said for CM.

M

merseawolf

Show loyalty? In football? Do me a favour. They will all jump ship given an opertunity to further their careers. Cant blame them either when you are at a club sadly like ours is run. It should be a great place to be but i wouldnt mind betting we become a feeder club and the likes of Afobe Hause Iorfa will be off before we see anything like their best times.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Please do not mention Coady in the same breath as Bobby Moore who was a master of anticipation and reading the game. Moore also played more like a sweeper than a conventional CB. 50 years on the average footballer has become bigger, more physical and more athletic. We don't see many lightweight CBs around these days and the same could be said for CM.
I wasn't merely highlighting a point.There are several about who aren't bulky lighthouses who play at CB.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Alright then. Billy Wright wasn't very tall, he did okay.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady will end up the same way as Rowe and Saville have...they dont make a decent footballer between them

E

Essex Wolf

Coady will end up the same way as Rowe and Saville have...they dont make a decent footballer between them

And that is my fear.

As for Coady at CH, he was utter $$$$e and quite how Jackett saw him as an alternative I shall never know. I know midfielders are supposed to make, create and find space but he adopted that policy better when playing as a CH than he did in his more natural position. Problem was it was all for the benefit of the opposition.:mad:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady after starting in a promising manner has nosedived. Add Saville, Rowe, Van La Parra and perhaps Byrne and Thelwell/Jackett are heading for the exit at this rate.Relegation?...it seemed to be impossible it might hapen AGAIN. ANd yet a couple more quick losses and all hell will let loose here and on the terraces.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't merely highlighting a point.There are several about who aren't bulky lighthouses who play at CB.

Michael Mancienne for one

But in fairness he is $$$$. :D

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The blame for the defeat on Saturday has definitely everything to do with the fact that we were virtually playing with 9 men with Byrne and Edwards injured.Jackett failed to react quickly enough and was visibly angry with Byrne who was asking to be subbed before he fetched Friend down.
How Coady can be blamed is beyond me.What I do blame him for is the fact that he put himself in the position where everybody in the ground apart from the ref knew he should have been sent off !

D

Deleted member 3518

Simple, Coady has so far proved to be an utter waste of money alongside all the other $$$$ signed in the last 18 months, Afobe apart!:confused:

Back
Top Bottom