Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is that sounds right until you remember he was supposed to be “Mr Wolves”. Clearly he wasn’t/isn’t.
Like nearly all players he's "Mister Whoever Will Pay My Wages", so exactly the same as you or me. Don't blame him for that. Just don't think he has much versatility as a player.

Last edited:

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like nearly all players he's "Mister Whoever Will Pay My Pages", so exactly the same as you or me. Don't blame him for that. Just don't think he has much versatility as a player.
To an extent I agree. But then you look at players like Mark Noble and Leon Osman, players who came in and out of favour at their clubs for years but stuck it out because they truly were “Mister ThatClub”.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may not be versatile but he brings versatility to the squad.
That is why he should have stayed last season.

Him going left us no wiggle room to revert to 3cb’s and be more defensively sound.

If he wants to fight for a place, then great! But it has to be rotation for when a new formation is needed or off the bench to hold out or even throw him on to lump the ball long and keep pressure on opposition defence like so many do to us!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is why he should have stayed last season.

Him going left us no wiggle room to revert to 3cb’s and be more defensively sound.

If he wants to fight for a place, then great! But it has to be rotation for when a new formation is needed or off the bench to hold out or even throw him on to lump the ball long and keep pressure on opposition defence like so many do to us!
Before it was known Lage didn't want him, I was arguing for why he should be the most subbed out/in player in the PL.

With five subs being permitted, tactical substitutions should be more widespread. If after ten minutes it's obvious the tactics are wrong, throw a sub on and change the shape...

I don't understand why more coaches weren't making better use of the extra subs, seems a no brainier to me.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before it was known Lage didn't want him, I was arguing for why he should be the most subbed out/in player in the PL.

With five subs being permitted, tactical substitutions should be more widespread. If after ten minutes it's obvious the tactics are wrong, throw a sub on and change the shape...

I don't understand why more coaches weren't making better use of the extra subs, seems a no brainier to me.
I agree 100%

Coaches now can cover for unforeseen injuries that kill one sub choice from you later in a game and have the option to change tactics or even approach mid game.

It is why to steal a phrase from Eddie Jones….. “they are finishers, not subs” he also said that these finishers are as important as starters as they can change a game in ways now that they couldn’t before.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree 100%

Coaches now can cover for unforeseen injuries that kill one sub choice from you later in a game and have the option to change tactics or even approach mid game.

It is why to steal a phrase from Eddie Jones….. “they are finishers, not subs” he also said that these finishers are as important as starters as they can change a game in ways now that they couldn’t before.
Adama is a finisher (unfortunately not that sort of finisher), his performances off the bench seem to yield more fruit.

Nige

Reaction score
Seems to me that a lot of people on here are saying Bruno wanted him out that's why he left are he same people that where saying BRUNO BALL is fantastic.. He left for one reason and one reason alone England call up for the world cup.. of which he played no part (thank God) Now he is not wanted by Everton and Dyche. He wants back in... NO can Do sell sell sell and the ironic thing is that we are selling his replacement Collins who is also ****. Add to that Kilman relies on both of them to be able to play!! what a ****ing mess Fosun.. sell up for my sanity.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I love the guy, I have no issues with any of his Everton stuff. He fully commits to whatever he does, that's how it should be. However, the only way I see him being here in September is if nobody else thinks he's worth buying.
To be fair, if Lop decides on a 5 this season as our base formation then there may be a place for him, and I'm not even Coady's biggest fan.

But I think we all know he's not good enough in a 4, in any case.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me that a lot of people on here are saying Bruno wanted him out that's why he left are he same people that where saying BRUNO BALL is fantastic.. He left for one reason and one reason alone England call up for the world cup.. of which he played no part (thank God) Now he is not wanted by Everton and Dyche. He wants back in... NO can Do sell sell sell and the ironic thing is that we are selling his replacement Collins who is also ****. Add to that Kilman relies on both of them to be able to play!! what a ****ing mess Fosun.. sell up for my sanity.
A mess on the 22nd June. Sweet Jesus.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
drunk thread?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you've had a good night's sleep.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I prefer Conor Coady of the dud Nathan Collins eight days a week.
We are seemingly robbing Bees for 25 Mill while throwing useless Nathan their way.
Happy times!

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
I just don’t see how Coady can be anything other than a bench warmer, not unless Lope goes to 3 at the back. Now it’s looking like Coadys England friendlies career is over, maybe he’ll be happier playing a bit part? Who do you drop to accommodate him in a back 4? I think he’ll be sold.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
JLO used Collins to come in generally when we swapped to a back 3 in games. If we cannot get decent money for Coady I reckon this will be his role going forward.

As he cannot play in a 2

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t see how Coady can be anything other than a bench warmer, not unless Lope goes to 3 at the back. Now it’s looking like Coadys England friendlies career is over, maybe he’ll be happier playing a bit part? Who do you drop to accommodate him in a back 4? I think he’ll be sold.
why the disrespect?
england friendlies career?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JLO used Collins to come in generally when we swapped to a back 3 in games. If we cannot get decent money for Coady I reckon this will be his role going forward.

As he cannot play in a 2
He played in a two at everton and fans there reckoned he was better than what they ended up with. They also saw his limitations there but he's not the worst as an irregular option.

In a 3 he's an easy choice so gives us options for changing games.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will definitely sign a new CB if we sell Collins.. Coady will be 4th choice CB in a 4, or 3rd CB choice for a 5

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels right that Coady moves on and starts a new career elsewhere.
If it had been a fight between Everton and Wolves as to who was to go down I am sure he would have wanted Wolves relegated and rightly so. But that breaks the bond IMO

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because that's what he is, a cheerleader
I know you won't answer this directly, but I will ask anyway.

Put yourself in Coady's shoes. How would your family react if you were him, and you were treated how he was (regardless of what has been said, let's be honest he was treated poorly by Lage, else why would they react that way?)?

Exactly the same way, that's what.

I hope he comes back. Great guy, good player, awesome character.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Put yourself in Coady's shoes. How would your family react if you were him, and you were treated how he was (regardless of what has been said, let's be honest he was treated poorly by Lage, else why would they react that way?)?

Well said. Still has a lot to offer us as a player and a man. Just don't get the hatred for him from some on here

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Many people, including me, disagree entirely with the idea that he was treated badly.

We know for a fact he was THIRD choice. Lage changed to a back four and picked Collins & Kilman ahead of him - a decision that was justified by our excellent defensive record under Lage.

In our final friendly game that was treated as a proper match, Kilman went off with a slight knock and Coady came on.

So I genuinely can't have that he was 'treated' poorly. He was dropped, that's it.

Like, what do you want Lage to do? He dropped him to third choice. He kept him involved. He remained club captain didn't he? There's no easy way to tell someone who has been a regular that they are now a squad player.

He wanted to move for his own World Cup ambitions. Absolutely no problem with that, it's a once in a lifetime experience for him, but that him putting himself firmly above Wolves - but that selfish attitude surely warrants a question of his character? Again, I understand it, but it's still selfish.

He was dropped, he didn't like it, he pushed to move for his own end, and then family members had a pop at the club - which, rightly or wrongly, reflects badly on him.

He's obviously not a bad egg that we should totally disregard, and I have no doubt he will give his all now he's back, but your determination to rewrite history is baffling.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ask myself is he the kind of quality footballer our side needs? ....and that ladies and gentleman is the crux.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many people, including me, disagree entirely with the idea that he was treated badly.

We know for a fact he was THIRD choice. Lage changed to a back four and picked Collins & Kilman ahead of him - a decision that was justified by our excellent defensive record under Lage.

In our final friendly game that was treated as a proper match, Kilman went off with a slight knock and Coady came on.

So I genuinely can't have that he was 'treated' poorly. He was dropped, that's it.

Like, what do you want Lage to do? He dropped him to third choice. He kept him involved. He remained club captain didn't he? There's no easy way to tell someone who has been a regular that they are now a squad player.

He wanted to move for his own World Cup ambitions. Absolutely no problem with that, it's a once in a lifetime experience for him, but that him putting himself firmly above Wolves - but that selfish attitude surely warrants a question of his character? Again, I understand it, but it's still selfish.

He was dropped, he didn't like it, he pushed to move for his own end, and then family members had a pop at the club - which, rightly or wrongly, reflects badly on him.

He's obviously not a bad egg that we should totally disregard, and I have no doubt he will give his all now he's back, but your determination to rewrite history is baffling.
your last line, considering how many times you’re pulled up for pushing opinion as fact, is possibly the funniest, most hypocritical post showing the most lack of awareness i have ever read on here.
that takes some doing, huge congrats!!!!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ask myself is he the kind of quality footballer our side needs? ....and that ladies and gentleman is the crux.
and this is more than fair, and i get the concerns regarding that. i find it difficult to understand how a lot of fans are happy to let JL have free reign in rebuilding the squad but as soon as Coady is mentioned, he gets savaged.

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score

He's obviously not a bad egg that we should totally disregard, and I have no doubt he will give his all now he's back, but your determination to rewrite history is bafflings

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stu

Dyche, JL dont think he's good enough for a back 4 and I and some others respectfully agree.

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
Some fair points but we only really had an excellent defence under Lage in the first half of 2021-22, when Coady played every match.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't have any issues with any of the things he's done. Footballers will tend to do the things they think are best for their careers. Far too often fans have been annoyed with the likes of Moutinho, Boly, Coady, etc because they haven't done things in the way we've wanted them to do them. I do think fans need to take the emotion out of things and look at them objectively at times.

From a football perspective, he isn't what we need and he won't fit Lopetegui's vision so it's a moot point. If he ends up at Leicester, good luck to him - it would be a good move for both of club and player.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best defence we've had since promotion was Coady, Kilman,Saiss in a 3 during Lages first season. It all went pear shaped due to injuries and tinkering to move to a back 4.

Back
Top Bottom