Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

coads england debut?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Being Welsh, I think England fans are super critical of their team. Admittedly they aren't great to watch all the time but they tend to qualify for every major tournament at a canter (with a superb record) and made the semi-finals of the last World Cup. Tonight's game was a pretty meaningless Nations League game and a chance for Southgate to experiment, but the amount of negative reaction to the line up and performance is unbelievable. The whole of social media is like a Molineux Mix match day commentary thread! I guess it's all about expectations.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another yawn. I know it’s sort of pre-season feel about these games but playing for England seems to drain the footballing life from players.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just give him the armband, talking like the Captain already.

"Immensely [proud]. It's a dream come true. It's incredible to play with this group of players. There are world class players in this group - don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

"We're disappointed not to go away with the win but from a personal point of view I'm immensly proud.

"It's such a big moment. We found out this morning and it was an incredible feeling to see my name on the board with those players.

"I'm here to help these players and the team we're all here to improve the team. We've done alright but we wanted to come away with the win."

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being Welsh, I think England fans are super critical of their team. Admittedly they aren't great to watch all the time but they tend to qualify for every major tournament at a canter (with a superb record) and made the semi-finals of the last World Cup. Tonight's game was a pretty meaningless Nations League game and a chance for Southgate to experiment, but the amount of negative reaction to the line up and performance is unbelievable. The whole of social media is like a Molineux Mix match day commentary thread! I guess it's all about expectations.
Sorry, it was crap.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Don’t think Conor did a thing wrong, although being honest there wasn’t a lot to do. Two really poor, dull teams. Still it’s a great moment for him and one we can all feel proud for, watching him go from decent championship midfielder to England sweeper.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southgate wouldn’t last a season in the Premier League these days. Will probably end up at West Ham.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So were nailed on for top 8, according to Carragher. Let's aim a bit higher.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t put a foot wrong defensively, couple of really nice interceptions that he made look easy, landed most of his long balls (counted five successful and two cut out) plus the loudest person on the pitch, even before kick off you could hear him chirping up.

Good to see the manager say he was “excellent” too. Debut to be proud of and he will be in the next squad as a result I’m sure.

Elsewhere, thought Mount changed the dynamic of the game significantly in our favour. Phillips had a decent second half. Good run from Grealish for his first touch but didn’t see much of the ball after that.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the BBC match report:

“Coady's leadership qualities seen and heard
Wolves captain Conor Coady was no shrinking violet as he made his England debut, making his presence felt and heard even before kick-off.

As silence fell on the largely deserted Parken Stadion in the seconds before the start, Coady's voice was heard bellowing instructions to his new England colleagues.

The 27-year-old looked at home with England, urging team-mates on throughout and shouting tactical instructions. He also played well and can be very satisfied with his first taste of senior international football, playing his part in the clean sheet.”

well done, Conor. Hope there are more caps to come.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect England to be crap and they always fulfill my expectations. Awful coaches, awful managers, inept and allegedly corrupt football association that protects its own stuffed suits before anything else.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sky Player Ratings:

England: Pickford (7), Alexander-Arnold (6), Gomez (6), Coady (7), Dier (6), Trippier (6), Phillips (5), Rice (5), Sterling (5), Sancho (5), Kane (5). Subs: Maitland-Niles (n/a), Grealish (6), Mount (6).

Man of the match: Conor Coady.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I found it weird not seeing him come out leading the side.

A really solid performance, albeit in a truly dismal game, but nevertheless, I'm immensely proud and pleased for him.

A top bloke with an infectious personality.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but being Welsh your ambition is to qualify, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, we enter every tournament dreaming we can win it. The press and pundits whip us up to believing we can compete with the best. The golden generation hammered Germany in their back yard, then failed on the big stage time and time again. We're an entitled lot.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a sour note- Our midfield is appalling. Surely the least talented pool of players in that position for a long, long time?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgot to say, how mental is it to see him going up to attack corners? Felt really weird seeing him in the opposing box!

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
On a sour note- Our midfield is appalling. Surely the least talented pool of players in that position for a long, long time?

The midfield was awful tonight.

Once he’s been punished for his indiscretion, Foden will make a massive difference in the long-term. Henderson is a big upgrade on the two that played there tonight as well.

Can even see TAA ending up as a midfielder.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot of people don’t seem to rate Henderson but take him out of our midfield and it isn’t pretty. Longer term, Henderson and Foden in a two might work well.
Our midfield long term has to be that pair.
Henderson is class, i think people just wrote him off too early and aren't willing to change their minds.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The midfield was awful tonight.

Once he’s been punished for his indiscretion, Foden will make a massive difference in the long-term. Henderson is a big upgrade on the two that played there tonight as well.

Can even see TAA ending up as a midfielder.

What would you go with when it comes to the Euros? Formation and individual wise. It's undoubtedly the weakest part of the squad.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
What would you go with when it comes to the Euros? Formation and individual wise. It's undoubtedly the weakest part of the squad.

Honestly not sure at the moment! As much as I want Conor to play, I’m think we’re probably better in a 4-3-3. If Loftus-Cheek can get back to his best, I think I’d have him in the side. If not, I’d probably play Walker RB and put TAA in the midfield three

Pope
TAA/Walker, Gomez, Maguire, Chilwell
Loftus-Cheek/TAA, Henderson, Foden
Sterling, Kane, Rashford

If we’re going 3-4-3

Pope
Gomez, Coady, Stones
TAA, Henderson, Foden, Chilwell
Sterling, Kane, Rashford

D

Deleted member 4152

Imagine the poor bloke tonight

England call up. Gets the ball. Looks up, used to seeing Neves or Moutinho.

And there is Rice or some bloke with a jason lee complex

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll never ever understand the Declan Rice thing - He's just so average at absolutely everything. It makes me wonder just how many caps Steve Stone would have accumulated in this era of midfielders.

Back
Top Bottom