Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

coads england debut?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
stating Coady is better than the ones mentioned

He is!

I would trust him to make less mistakes than the error prone names mentioned.

Do you think Dier, Mings, Gomez, Keane and Maguire are reliable, consistently good defenders. How would they cope against Spain, France, Germany, Portugal? I dread to think!

Yes, Conor may be suited to a flat back three defence but let’s see Southgate give that system a try rather than stick with the same old same old he is playing now.

That would enable wing backs to push forward to make us more exciting and create more chances. We created nothing against mighty Iceland despite having 70-80% possession.

Last edited:

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is!

Do you think Dier, Mings, Gomez, Keane and Maguire are reliable, consistently good defenders. How would they cope against Spain, France, Germany, Portugal? I dread to think!

Yes, Conor may be suited to a flat back three defence but let’s see Southgate give that system a try rather than stick with the same old same old he is playing now.

That would enable wing backs to push forward to make us more exciting and create more chances. We created nothing against mighty Iceland despite having 70-80% possession.
Good points.
Trent AA is absolutely perfect for a 5 man wing back role. He would have a field day.

D

Deleted member 3545

He is!

Coady is prone to mistakes as well but i dont think he is a better defender than Maguire and Gomez if he was i would imagine top 6 clubs would be knocking but they may do if he impresses for England

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see of he's still as vocal, or whether he'll be more reserved as it's his debut with people he hasn't played with before.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is prone to mistakes as well but i dont think he is a better defender than Maguire and Gomez if he was i would imagine top 6 clubs would be knocking but they may do if he impresses for England
Coady has one differential to the other defenders, who are probably better at defending than him tbh, he can ping a pass.

Not just the trusty cross field, but he can play a quality pass in field too and even through balls.

He could potentially find a Sterling run or play nice crisp passes into Kanes feet and chest etc.
I hope he does this rather than just knocking it into the midfield in front of him as this is what could win him a place going forward.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see of he's still as vocal, or whether he'll be more reserved as it's his debut with people he hasn't played with before.
Coady is Coady. He doesn't do quiet and restrained. I'd give it 10mins before he *******ed horseface....

optimuswolf

Reaction score
i think coady deserves a chance as part of a 5 at the back system. He's a great professional and has revolutionised himself as a top half prem sweeper/libero instead of being a bottom half of champo centre mid.

However i wouldn't have him near the side as one of a 4. he is not a good enough defender, at all. And ultimately i expect 4 at the back to be plan A. to allow the extra man in midfield.

we're weak in this area right now for sure. days of Campbell Ferdinand and Terry are long gone. i hope connor gets and seizes the chance tonight.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully, be nice to see (hear?) someone with a bit of authority and leadership on the pitch for England for once. Not many stand out to me as particularly vocal in our squads usually which shows as when everything is going well we can be great, but when it isn’t we look lost and clueless.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will watch if Coady plays. Not fussed if he doesn't as there's cricket on as well.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd suggest mount in midfield with rice in as sweeper.

Which is pathetic when you think about it.

Someone who plays successfully in the sweeper role for a sold defence finishing in 7th vs Rice, who doesn't play there for a team who are scaping by

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Phillips is starting who is direct competition to coady - he’ll prob be on bench no?

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doubt coady is competing for a defensive midfield role. Thought that's where Phillips played?

Coady is there as the sweeper in a back 3 only. By all accounts were playing that system tonight so it will be him, rice or another centre back in there

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't bloody wait if Coady is playing.

If he's not...I'll probably watch Classic, I say I'll probably watch Classic Corrie instead.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is middle of a back three, as has been the plan for tonight’s game since the day he was called up, unless injury prevented it of course. Phillips and Rice sitting in front. Midfield seems a bit defensive but, with two very attacking wing backs and the usual front three, more than enough there. Personally keen to watch Phillips properly too.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
COADY STARTS!

BUT, as a Defensive Midfielder...

On the Nations League App

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady!!

But other than this and the front three that is a joke of a line up a trippier at LB, achampionship midfielder in Phillips, overrated declan rice and the worst English goalie in the prem being a mainstay. Hilariously Greaselish still doesn't get a game though. :p

Back
Top Bottom