Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Club or Country ?

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club are the sporting love of my life . Winning the Premership is my ultimate dream for us with the FA Cup being a close second . For me , my feelings for my club will always far out weigh those I have for England .

However I have spoken to lots of Wolves fans ( with the World Cup coming up ) who have said they would want England to win the World Cup more than Wolves to win the Premier league / FA Cup .

So I thought it would be interesting to ask you all - Club or Country ?

( Obviously if youre Irish Scottish Welsh whatever - substitute the England bit to your own country )

J

Jamesjh89

Club by far, england gamea just fill the craving for football during the summer :)

D

Deleted member 4309

This has been done on this forum a couple of times and the majority of members all said wolves. It's also wolves for me

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Always club.

If we were ever to have some of our players in the England team it might be different then.

W

wolvesultra

Club 100% for me!

I used to have an interest in the national side, been to see them a few times. But to be honest everything about the national side is everything I hate about football thesedays. Hardly even watch when theyre on tv now. Such a shame because when I look back at videos of Euro 96 for instance and remember the passion I felt I wish I could for the side now but I can't.

Does one game kick off at 11pm during the world cup? yeah $$$$ that I'll be in bed.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always club.

If we were ever to have some of our players in the England team it might be different then.

Even if we had three or four England internationals in the team it would always be Wolves . I just cant develop any affinity with anything to do with England . I will be on the bandwagon for the world cup but I just find the whole England thing bland and boring .

Some of the lads I chatted to were serving soldiers so maybe thats why everything was England . As you lot have indicated so far - I never thought there would be anyone on here say country .

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club.

If anyone says 'Country' they are wrong.

B

BlakemoreWolf

CLUB!! But i will always support england through and through!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the choice of England winning the World Cup, or Wolves winning the FA Cup? Then it's Wolves.

In fact, given the choice of seeing England winning the World Cup, or guaranteeing Wolves win their opening 3 fixtures next season, then it's still Wolves.

I would like to see England win the World Cup - but Wolves comes first.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves every time.

I have few, if any, patriotic leanings towards England, especially the football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This topic crops up every so often...always Wolves for me. I feel very little for the national team these days.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Country is just a fix for those to fill the gap between May-August. Overhyped and an anti climax every time.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why it can't be club and country.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if it's Wolves Reserves v. country, still Wolves Reserves.

RandomLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
I want to see England win the world cup in my lifetime. (i doubt it will happen)
I don't want to have to choice between both as i'm passionate about my country and my love for wolves.
At least if we win the world cup the whole country will be celebrating.
I would love to see wolves in the glory days again.

W

wolvesultra

I want to see England win the world cup in my lifetime. (i doubt it will happen)
I don't want to have to choice between both as i'm passionate about my country and my love for wolves.

Think thats part of the problem for me, world cups/ euros bunch of idiots who don't usually give a $$$$ about football paint a st george's cross on their face by a £1 flag and go 'up town' to watch the games.

D

drewtwulf

Difficult one to answer really, which would give the more satisfaction either Wolves win the PL or England the WC - either one would be a monumental and overwhelming occasion. I don't feel there would be much in it in all honesty but if anything Wolves would probably just have the edge.

W

we8wba

Club is more important

But if you said for us to win premier league or England win World Cup I'd rather win World Cup tbh imagine the frenzy that would bring nationwide it would be immense

Being successful club level at top generally means money and losing soul of your club

I'd rather remain competitive in champ or low prem than Wolves sell their soul

R

Redditch Wolves

I don't buy this "club or country" $$$$$$$$!!

I love Wolves until the day I die and I'm bloody proud to be English and support my country. When the World Cup comes around I know we won't win it but nothing will stop me of dreaming and will be gutted when we do go out so again I will back both club and country.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club ueber alles now. If you had asked this thirty years ago, I'd have given you a different answer, though.

M

Mr Wolf

Well England have more chance of wining the World Cup this year than we do the Premiership.

The scenes around town when we beat Rotherham were great, so times that by every fan in the city & every city up & down the country & the scenes/atmosphere as a football fan would be immense.

But with Wolves we would live it & be there all the way through & to the final etc & it would stay with you always. It's a tough call but thankfully both could happen but more than likely a penalty defeat in the 2nd round & 7th place next season :)

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Definitely club for me, given that I know more about Wolves' potential targets than newly capped Mexican internationals.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club, can't even get excited about the World Cup anymore.

DejaVuWolf

Reaction score
I was going to say Country, but reading the other posts I don't want to antagonise anybody so I'm saying club as well now.

E

Essex Wolf

For me Wolves will always be the more important of the two.

I love my country and am very patriotic but over the last few years I've lost a great deal of interest in the international team. Whilst wanting them to do well in the World Cup the club I love has always been first for me.

Optimistic Hove Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Seen that but missed the FA Cup win in 1960 due to being 10 weeks old. Would love to see Wolves win the FA Cup.

For me club every time though I will keep an eye out for England's results but doubt I'll be awake for the first match...

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Country for me.

Watching our superstars like Glen Johnson, Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck going toe to toe and sometimes coming out if it with their heads held high against footballing giants from Liechtenstein, San Marino and Andorra is enough to make even the stone hearted weep tears of joy.

Nothing beats watching Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney pulling on the 3 lions and showing their club sides that their performances week in week out for them have been on a par with that weezy fat kid at school who always had a note from his Mom to get out of P.E. Their club sides must wonder why they can't get them to perform at the same level.

The fact that these guys do it for nothing other than a velvet tasselled cap, foregoing any payment to represent their country makes me so proud. You can see how proud it makes them too, their willingness to work hard, hang on their coach's every word and run themselves into the ground is inspiring.

The free flowing attacking football we allow all others to play against us, just so they can have a chance to beat us, the pre-tournament favourites. The way we pretend to sit back and hang on for dear life whenever we play anybody marginally better than Scotland is symptomatic of our sporting nature.

I look forward to every World Cup and every Euro's like a child waiting for Christmas. I can't wait to buy into the media frenzy and trap them stupid St George flags in my car window, drape myself in our nations flag and paint my face.......... one day I'll pluck up the courage to get a bulldog tattoo. Nothing beats that moment of trudging away from the pub celebrating another penalty shootout defeat.......... oh the glory, the cars beeping their horns and people hanging out of the windows and firing kalashnikovs in the air in celebration. One nation together watching our heroes preparing to return home before the likes of Turkey, Portugal or Greece.

Wolves on the other hand................ meh, I probably wouldn't even join a forum for them.

Optimistic Hove Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
... but missed the FA Cup win in 1960...

Just realised that it is 54 years ago today that Wolves last won the FA Cup beating Blackburn 3-0 in front of 98,954. Think it was that match in which a certain chap hurt Norman Deeley who needed substantial treatment and was still hobbling in the second half. Don't seem to remember what happened to the other chap. :rolleyes:

Sorry, know this is a club v country thread but wonder if any mixers were at Wembley that fine day. Would love to know what happened to the Blackburn player. :D

RandomLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
Think thats part of the problem for me, world cups/ euros bunch of idiots who don't usually give a $$$$ about football paint a st george's cross on their face by a £1 flag and go 'up town' to watch the games.

Isn't that the beauty of football, bringing people together?
although i do remember a time when Portugal beat us on pens (2002?) the 'idiots' who probably didn't care about football, got together and trashed a Portuguese restaurant. Completely disgusting. That's what happened when people jump on bandwagons.

W

wolvesultra

Country for me.

Watching our superstars like Glen Johnson, Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck going toe to toe and sometimes coming out if it with their heads held high against footballing giants from Liechtenstein, San Marino and Andorra is enough to make even the stone hearted weep tears of joy.

Nothing beats watching Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney pulling on the 3 lions and showing their club sides that their performances week in week out for them have been on a par with that weezy fat kid at school who always had a note from his Mom to get out of P.E. Their club sides must wonder why they can't get them to perform at the same level.

The fact that these guys do it for nothing other than a velvet tasselled cap, foregoing any payment to represent their country makes me so proud. You can see how proud it makes them too, their willingness to work hard, hang on their coach's every word and run themselves into the ground is inspiring.

The free flowing attacking football we allow all others to play against us, just so they can have a chance to beat us, the pre-tournament favourites. The way we pretend to sit back and hang on for dear life whenever we play anybody marginally better than Scotland is symptomatic of our sporting nature.

I look forward to every World Cup and every Euro's like a child waiting for Christmas. I can't wait to buy into the media frenzy and trap them stupid St George flags in my car window, drape myself in our nations flag and paint my face.......... one day I'll pluck up the courage to get a bulldog tattoo. Nothing beats that moment of trudging away from the pub celebrating another penalty shootout defeat.......... oh the glory, the cars beeping their horns and people hanging out of the windows and firing kalashnikovs in the air in celebration. One nation together watching our heroes preparing to return home before the likes of Turkey, Portugal or Greece.

Wolves on the other hand................ meh, I probably wouldn't even join a forum for them.

late candidate for poster of the season based on that post alone! Love it!

Back
Top Bottom