Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Click bait mixers?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question.
There has been mention of click bait journalism in a number of different threads this week.
Given some of the stuff I see being posted in this weeks most popular threads I wonder if there are click bait mixers?
I don’t mean WUM, I genuinely mean persons paid to generate clicks?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question.
There has been mention of click bait journalism in a number of different threads this week.
Given some of the stuff I see being posted in this weeks most popular threads I wonder if there are click bait mixers?
For what reason? What do you think is happening in that situation?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This site generates money from adverts and probably clicks on the adverts or amount of views of adverts by users driven to them I would have thought .

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question.
Interesting question.
Its possible I suppose but I don’t think anyone would make any money unless they were constantly posting clicks…..and then it would be obvious.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Genuine question.
You want to see some of the ones that don't get through.

We really don't need to encourage some to post outlandishly

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Clock accidentally rumbled the secret agenda of a number of seemingly innocent posters - and you won't believe what happened next! Click HERE to find out.

#manutd #klopp #carolvoorderman #mrspoon
The secret agenda of a number of posters has come to light thanks to the investigative journalism of molineux mix user The clock

Ad

Ad

The popular forum molineux mix has been known for its controversial and sometimes strong viewpoints about football. So much so that one site user has come to his own conclusions about the motive behind some of these posts.

Ad

Ad

Ad

etc

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ads bug me. Big time.
Necessary to fund the site - I get that.
But with every page refresh comes more ads (which I never look at)
Quite conceivable that stimulating content encourages more visits and so more advertising revenue.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
The ads bug me. Big time.
Necessary to fund the site - I get that.
But with every page refresh comes more ads (which I never look at)
Quite conceivable that stimulating content encourages more visits and so more advertising revenue.
you mean the two ads? the ones that don't impinge on the content within the forum?

or are you referring to the ads when not logged in? or the extra ads on the front page?

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuine question.

that's despicable if they do The Clock,
on the QT, what's the going rate, LOL

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you mean the two ads? the ones that don't impinge on the content within the forum?

or are you referring to the ads when not logged in? or the extra ads on the front page?
Tbf, having monitored it today, the real issue ( hadn’t realised previously) is when not logged in

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing how many accounts with plastic wazzers post comments on the Wolves Instagram page. And crypto investors, who'd have thought it?!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Birmingham mail and the mirror are the worst for ads.

Don’t think I’ve ever been able to read a whole article because of pop ups and ads all throughout the article.

and they've been the same for 10 years, terrible websites and a terrible model...plus all the local freebie newspapers the Reach group consolidated and turned into the most uselessly-coded websites known to mankind.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please can we not use racial stereotypes? These are the Gorn. I'm offended on behalf of this fictional species that they have lazily labelled as "Lizard People". We're better than this, it's 2023
index.php

Back
Top Bottom