Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Civic reception

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win the title apparently.
Don't know when they'd fit it in.

Bank holiday Monday??

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hope it's not the bank holiday weekend, I'm away as are probably quite a few. :(

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could do it the following weekend but I'd imagine players will be going on holiday?

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do Wolves do them now?

W

Wolf86

an open top bus would be great however I can’t see it happening

S

SavageWolf

We didn’t last time only because Moxey refused to stump up for the policing bill.
The route they would take will be interesting.
From the Mol up the Waterloo Rd left at Darlington Street, around the one way at the back of the Magistrates Court past the Civic, right at Yates' and back the way they came.
Can't go too far, surely, it would cause too much disruption?

Or all the way up the Waterloo Rd to the market, left, left again at the Red House, up to the clock outside Beatties, left on to Darlington St and right on to Waterloo Rd (I'd go with this for the long run from the Mol to the Market

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The route they would take will be interesting.
From the Mol up the Waterloo Rd left at Darlington Street, around the one way at the back of the Magistrates Court past the Civic, right at Yates' and back the way they came.
Can't go too far, surely, it would cause too much disruption?

Or all the way up the Waterloo Rd to the market, left, left again at the Red House, up to the clock outside Beatties, left on to Darlington St and right on to Waterloo Rd (I'd go with this for the long run from the Mol to the Market
Straight down the A41. Half hour stop outside the Hawthorns, before on to Aston and finally back to Wolverhampton for six laps of the ring road.

L

long ball man

obvious date is BHM. Players would be dispersing after that.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The day after Sunderland?

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
My neighbor works for council he said they were asked if any of them could work to help out. Forgot what day he said but it happening, will ask if i see him.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t there over 100,000 there last time!

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bank holiday Monday is perfect for it. I know a few will still be in Sunderland. But if they do it just after lunchtime then it will give people chance to get back.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's official...Something happening on May 7th.

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t there over 100,000 there last time!

More than that it was unbelievable. Although I remember the Div 4 / Sherpa van one and that must have been as many. Felt like the entire town came out

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just love the fact that Wolves and Fosun just do stuff like this now. It's almost like sod the politics and health & safety, this town needs some love

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
More than that it was unbelievable. Although I remember the Div 4 / Sherpa van one and that must have been as many. Felt like the entire town came out
& the 2 League Cups - in 1974 the celebrations centered on the OLD Town Hall now the Magistrates Court, before the Civic Centre was built - I well remember them on the small balcony out the front, gawd I must be getting old :(

cant find a pic of the 1974 reception but found a couple of the 1960 one - my Dad was at that match - & from my aging memory the 1974 crowd was little different - less the rattles obviously -
https://c7.alamy.com/comp/C0CD0F/wo...-cup-winners-greeted-by-supporters-C0CD0F.jpg
https://c7.alamy.com/comp/HAAJXT/cr...up-winners-wolverhampton-wanderers-HAAJXT.jpg

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bank holiday Monday! Few hours in the pub before yes please!

D

Deleted member 3518

Definitely thinking of coming over, if only to avoid the Llandudno Extravaganza and enjoy a couple of hours in the pub and give the lads a well deserved cheer.

Back
Top Bottom