Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

CITY - CUP VERDICT

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
So so proud of everyone associated with the club. Tactical masterclass from Nuno, incredible performances from all in old gold and unbelievable support.

On a night where everyone was outstanding, Vinagre, Hause and Bright (finishing apart) were out of this world.

Norris 8
Batth 9
Coady 9
Hause 9.5
Bennett 8
Price 8
N'Diaye 7
Vinagre 9.5
Marshall 7
Bright 9
Costa 7

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
City came to get the club record straight wins. They didn't

Aguerro was guaranteed to break the club goals record. He didn't.

Premier league teams are playing against most of these players and getting hammered every week. We didn't.

What a squad we have. 9 changes. We matched them and on another night it could have been different. Oh well. It's not that often that you can switch focus to the league in the comfort that you're top. We are!!

C

Craig_Wolf

Why the hell did N'Diaye take one, he was blowing out his a*** and went down with cramp, was never gonna have enough power in his legs to do a good run up and hit

Plus Bright is crap as I said before

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So so proud of everyone associated with the club. Tactical masterclass from Nuno, incredible performances from all in old gold and unbelievable support.

On a night where everyone was outstanding, Vinagre, Hause and Bright (finishing apart) were out of this world.

Norris 8
Batth 9
Coady 9
Hause 9.5
Bennett 8
Price 8
N'Diaye 7
Vinagre 9.5
Marshall 7
Bright 9
Costa 7
Only one I disagree with is Norris. Surely he should have been 9.5 at least.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Why the hell did N'Diaye take one, he was blowing out his a*** and went down with cramp, was never gonna have enough power in his legs to do a good run up and hit

Bright's all round play was magnificent. The only thing that let him down was his finishing.

S

ShropshireLad

City came to get the club record straight wins. They didn't

Aguerro was guaranteed to break the club goals record. He didn't.

Premier league teams are playing against most of these players and getting hammered every week. We didn't.

What a squad we have. 9 changes. We matched them and on another night it could have been different. Oh well. It's not that often that you can switch focus to the league in the comfort that you're top. We are!!
I'd give you five Likes for those sentiments if I could. Spot on.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I thought Bright, along with the 2 goalies was the best player on the pitch. Give them all sorts of problems, was all over the pitch and was unlucky with his finishing. Their goalie closes down the space very well.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic effort by everyone involved.

Bright was superb and, despite not scoring, showed how important he can be for us. I thought the back 3 were outstanding too.

Nuno, tactical genius.

So many reasons to be proud and optimistic. No fan should feel upset or down beat after that.

Focus on the league now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t be anything but proud of the team, supporters and whole club tonight. We took on the best team in the land, in their own home, with them on fire, and kept a clean sheet and had the better chances to win. The only time their class showed, was in the quality of their penalties, which were mostly unsaveable, and their goalkeeper, who made two excellent penalty saves.

The season is still young, and lots of things can still go wrong, but if anyone had any doubt before, they should no longer. We are the real deal. COYW

S

ShropshireLad

4 premier league pts so far this season from 2 games with our 2nd's.

Highly encouraged.

On TV Alf never looked confident of scoring his penalty. I don't hold it against him though.

We will not be thrown by it. Excellent performance tonight.
I thought the same thing. He'd bottled a few chances and was surprised that he stepped up so soon. Still, **** happens. Roll on Saturday and let's hope the lads get over it quickly.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a special thing we’re building here.

That wasn’t a backs to the wall, rough em up and hang on for penalties job, there were times when we were stroking the ball around and playing out from the back.

Created more than enough clear cut chances to win a few games.

vini69

Reaction score
What a fabulous 3 hours of entertainment ....that is, after all, what we all watch for. I have no nosebleed for the Premier league: I want a proud, organised, skillfull, tactically organised team that makes me wanna participate in whatever form I can. WHAT A PERFORMANCE. WHAT ASTUTE MANAGEMENT. I mean....my head is held high.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget the manager - 11 points .:)

For Nuno to get our second string playing to a system that can hold out to that team with its Premier League and Champions League results is very special.And gives great hope for our future.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible night . Amazing to think back on those clear chances . Everyone was brilliant apart from Marshall, but special mentions for

vinagre second half and extra time,

bright apart from the finishing , but this shouldn’t be held against him. He was brilliant tonight .

Batth for one of his best performances and how far he has come with his ability to play on the floor

Hause for that performance first game back

Ronan for his part in it. Ball to bright was brilliant . And generally fantastic. Never too small to be a footballer

And the whole team for digging in so deep particularly price ndiaye and bennett who were clearly ****ed

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Only one I disagree with is Norris. Surely he should have been 9.5 at least.

He was excellent. There just weren't many saves that I wouldn't have expected him to make which is testament to how well he was protected.

His overall handling and distribution was superb though. On what I've seen, I think he's already better than Ruddy. And I rate Ruddy.

Reaction score
So was just reading on the City forum that they broke the rules with the extra sub in extra time. They made two in normal 90 mins then another 2 in extra but only one is allowed. Anyone confirm this rule either way?

Edit to add it is probably a non issue. Either way a cracking performance!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just fantastic and probably 9 of them won't be in the team that starts Saturday!
I just wonder though, if we'd had Jota for extra time.................?

B

Benson

A very very very very good performance.

Back three brilliant. Vinagre had problems first half but got better and better. Bennett good, Price some misplaced passes but good. N´Diaye very good. Enobakhare MOTM for me - his best game ever for Wolves. Costa and Marshall struggled, but.. good. All were good. All worth a 10. I am proud. Very proud.

(the only detail to complain about is the Wolves fans constantly singing about Cavaleiro when 11 other heroes were on the pitch.. wtf was that about?.. back the team playing and never sing about the players on the bench when the players on the pitch are playing really really well)

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
breat battling organised performance, massive credit to the lads and Nuno did us proud and had chances of our own too. Gutted to go out on pens, but even then no real stinkers of pens just some good saves and great pens by them

Back
Top Bottom