Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Citeh ‘tarquins’ don’t like our support

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a go at City for being quiet when they were absolutely cruising at 2-0 is a bit rich given how quiet Molineux was against Palace two weeks ago! Similarly their support was always good when they were doing a tour of the lower leagues so chanting "Where were you when you were ****?" is a bit tame really. City and Wolves have a lot in common, unfortunately they got rich foreign owners a decade before us.
There is a big difference between playing rubbish at home and losing and cruising to a win there - Molineux certainly wouldn't have been quiet if we'd been beating Palace 2-0, far from it....

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you follow that to its logical conclusion then in 15-20 years the South Bank will be full of 80+ year olds and in 25+ years pretty much empty. You need fresh blood just due to demographics....

It'll basically be what the North Bank is now then..

Obviously don't mind young people joining, which is why there should be a small section of match day tickets. But doubling the size of that stand could really water it down... also people do get used of who is sat around them.

R

reanswolf

Most Wolves fans in attendance definitely thought the same with the very tongue in cheek chant of "how do you watch this every week"
Now that is clever - like that creative side of our support!

Wolves support has always been a ****-take, almost cretinously so at times ('Sign on' etc, 'where were you when you were ****' etc).

City stood by their team during their dark years, unlike us who deserted in their droves back in the 1980s. Though this time round, Wolves fans stuck with the club magnificently during our double relegation. So most of those singing wouldnt remember the 80s to be fair.

But I genuinely hope we never get like City's modern support, but "if" we did, I'm not sure I' d even bother anymore, and I guess that is what has happened with them.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I saw a lot of praise for us last night on twitter from City fans.

Can’t believe we used the “****y wanderers” song at 2-0 down though. Brainless.
I absolutely agree. I also think the library and the fire drill are just so old hat and cliched tbh. Having said that the singing went on pretty much throughout the game and had I been a home fan I'd have been pretty impressed esp as we were not in the game. On the singing theme I do think having 4 stands is better for atmosphere as you can have a singing stand whereas a bowl makes it more difficult to allocate a singing section?

R

reanswolf

I didnt think it was constant singing from us, we sounded ok on TV. Ruben neves song was excellent, and "is this a library" (x5) but didnt hear us constantly sing to be honest.

But more than them, not that that takes much.

R

reanswolf

I absolutely agree. I also think the library and the fire drill are just so old hat and cliched tbh. Having said that the singing went on pretty much throughout the game and had I been a home fan I'd have been pretty impressed esp as we were not in the game. On the singing theme I do think having 4 stands is better for atmosphere as you can have a singing stand whereas a bowl makes it more difficult to allocate a singing section?
Its getting back to a need for that creative element to our support.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Couple of things

Last night one of the mic’s was picking up a Man City who was attempting to respond to our chants on his own and failing miserably! Then all of a sudden it picked up a lone Black Country accent. Cited fan out sung in his own end!

Instead of Library couldn’t we come up with a series of alternatives. “Is this a monastery” or “Is this The Hawthorne’s” or “You sing like Villa fans”

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was fascinated by how many seats became vacant in the end Wolves were defending in the second half. If you turned over with about 15 minutes left and saw that you would have thought City were losing badly. I am not familiar with Manchester so can anyone tell me is the mass exodus due to the traffic being a nightmare around the Etihad ?

Maybe it is just me but I come from the school of never leaving before full time even if we are getting a right tanking. I did come close once when Barnsley were beating us 5-0 after about 60 minutes in the old second division !

C

ChesterWolf

I was fascinated by how many seats became vacant in the end Wolves were defending in the second half. If you turned over with about 15 minutes left and saw that you would have thought City were losing badly. I am not familiar with Manchester so can anyone tell me is the mass exodus due to the traffic being a nightmare around the Etihad ?

Maybe it is just me but I come from the school of never leaving before full time even if we are getting a right tanking. I did come close once when Barnsley were beating us 5-0 after about 60 minutes in the old second division !

That’s the family stand always the one most noticeable for empty seats when they play in the week.

Assume it empties earlier than the others due to parents wanting to get kids home earlier.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its getting back to a need for that creative element to our support.
Tried starting " wheres ya tourists gone" in bottom tier, but around me everyone was to busy arguing with their fans:(

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever one's view of the support by our fans, I must say I have great admiration for those that went. There was little prospect of a victory, the game was then finished as a spectacle after Boly's red card and this was followed by a penalty and own goal. It just needed a plague of locusts to top off the evening.
Those who invested their treasure in terms of time, money and travel, you are true Wolves.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No the family end is the two tiered stand, well the lower tier behind the goal.

The singing section is the corner next to the away fans.

The singing end had loads of half and half scarfers in there then.And loads of foreign looking geezers.

M

Monk

Instead of Library couldn’t we come up with a series of alternatives. “Is this a monastery” or “Is this The Hawthorne’s” or “You sing like Villa fans”

what a great idea think I may start a chorus of " you sing like the villa" in the South bank in Saturday to see how it goes.

M

merseawolf

Got to agree there mate.
So disappointing. Was really looking forward to watching us last night and it turned out to be an attempt to keep the score down. Not what people pay good money to watch in my humble opinion but nothing we could do after Willys moment of madness

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But this is what many want us to become isn't it? Take a look on the Molineux Redevelopment site and you'll find plenty who want whatever Fosun want to do with club and stadium. As good as they've been so far it would be complacent to think we wouldn't end up the same way.

Having said all that how might it be any different given the still too bigger difference between the top half dozen and the rest? It might not be too much longer until we have rows of seats filled with the gawpin' clueless, popcorn stuffin, half and half tourist infesting the place.

As others have said also, once the games become so one sided, it helps to kill any notion that a football match is something which generates its own atmosphere- organically created. This might be where we are headed and it's why any promise that we will be a top six club again proabalby won't have the same feel about it as the last time this happened.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But this is what many want us to become isn't it? Take a look on the Molineux Redevelopment site and you'll find plenty who want whatever Fosun want to do with club and stadium. As good as they've been so far it would be complacent to think we wouldn't end up the same way.

Having said all that how might it be any different given the still too bigger difference between the top half dozen and the rest? It might not be too much longer until we have rows of seats filled with the gawpin' clueless, popcorn stuffin, half and half tourist infesting the place.

As others have said also, once the games become so one sided, it helps to kill any notion that a football match is something which generates its own atmosphere- organically created. This might be where we are headed and it's why any promise that we will be a top six club again proabalby won't have the same feel about it as the last time this happened.
As always a well thought out post. Well said.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a big difference between playing rubbish at home and losing and cruising to a win there - Molineux certainly wouldn't have been quiet if we'd been beating Palace 2-0, far from it....

I think vocal support is more important when the team is drawing or losing. At 3-0 City fans could just relax and enjoy watching their team.

D

Deleted member 3573J

This will happen to us if we come close to Man City, every club sells their soul for success as the hardcore fans are slowly squeezed out. I tried arguing against the price rises in the summer to season tickets but was just told that I should accept it due to the improvement of the 'product' and that Fosun were putting plenty of money in so I should be prepared to put my fair share in.

Enough people already couldn't give a ****, so the fight is over, Wolves hardcore support is roughly 20k and with talk of extending the stadium closer to 50k then if Wolves do continue the rise and fill that, the hardcore will be in the minority. Wolves are very accessible for the footballing tourist, people from the north and south don't have that far to come and not to mention the foreign day trippers that will flock to us.

The demand will be huge so no incentive for the owners to look after the hardcore support, they'll just sell to the people prepared to pay the highest price.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the odd away game where I'm surrounded by idiots. Last night was one of them. The 'Gerrit forward' brigade were out in force last night. There were also racist comments from our own fans. A friend of ours had a word with the guy only to be told 'That's what we do in Dudley'.... I kid you not!

Also, singing '****y' wanderers at 2 and 3-0 down is quite frankly embarrassing. I don't like the song anyway but there's context as to when it's sung.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was so boring to watch
They literally annihilated us. It was so one sided we only crossed the halfway line maybe 5 times in the second half. I needed binoculars to watch the game. We were thrashed. If it wasnt for heroic defending that could have been 8-0. In 50 years i have never seen us so utterly pummelled. Not our worst performance or worst score but make no mistake we were outplayed

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutly awesome, even my football not liking wife was impressed
Wow. I was there in L1. It was very very quiet. Nothing like spurs away . Once we were two down most people just stood and watched. In the second half it was hard to see the game as it was all 100 yards away and nothing happened at our end

M

Mr Wolf

It’s nothing to do with selling your soul, it’s just expectation. Their atmosphere vs Liverpool last week was very good, a late Monday night with no beer vs a team you should & did beat easily. It was never going to be bouncing.

We’ll see how we do vs Leicester Saturday morning.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They literally annihilated us. It was so one sided we only crossed the halfway line maybe 5 times in the second half. I needed binoculars to watch the game. We were thrashed. If it wasnt for heroic defending that could have been 8-0. In 50 years i have never seen us so utterly pummelled. Not our worst performance or worst score but make no mistake we were outplayed
Chelsea 4 Wolves 0 during Micks tenure now that was pummeled and embarrassing! Of course we had 11 men that day. Considering the circumstances we did ok last night.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone tell me, did we make up “Arsene Wengers got a ****ing squirrels head” ?? I remember at Molineux when we sang it forever and most of the ground joined in lol

M

merseawolf

Like i said earlier it was like watching their match against Burton. Absolutley nothing coming back the other way. Horrible to watch games like that. Yes appriciate they are technically brilliant and both teams done a professional job but my god it was a hard watch.

D

Deleted member 4594

We had 10 men against one of the best sides in the world.
I remember Chelsea beating us 5-0 at Molineux under Jones, that was far more of a battering.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Slightly OT, but did anyone hear the City fan on talkSPORT just now discussing their European games? Basically said “we copied the Poznan off a Polish team in the Europa League but I can’t remember what they’re called.” So funny, I nearly crashed the car

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a go at City for being quiet when they were absolutely cruising at 2-0 is a bit rich given how quiet Molineux was against Palace two weeks ago! Similarly their support was always good when they were doing a tour of the lower leagues so chanting "Where were you when you were ****?" is a bit tame really. City and Wolves have a lot in common, unfortunately they got rich foreign owners a decade before us.
They’ve always had great support, if you question their support you don’t know what you’re talking about (not you obviously)
That big stadium of theirs needs filling, same as Arsenal, ManU, Spurs... The increased revenue that a big stadium provides comes at the cost of a watered down atmosphere for every club.

N

northbank1967

Slightly OT, but did anyone hear the City fan on talkSPORT just now discussing their European games? Basically said “we copied the Poznan off a Polish team in the Europa League but I can’t remember what they’re called.” So funny, I nearly crashed the car
snap could not make it up lol

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve always had great support, if you question their support you don’t know what you’re talking about (not you obviously)
That big stadium of theirs needs filling, same as Arsenal, ManU, Spurs... The increased revenue that a big stadium provides comes at the cost of a watered down atmosphere for every club.

Ok. Yes, they have always been renowned for good support, even in lower leagues.

So why couldn’t they be heard on TV?
If 3k Wolves fans can despite being battered, can there not be an audible hardcore home choir amongst the tourists?

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok. Yes, they have always been renowned for good support, even in lower leagues.

So why couldn’t they be heard on TV?
If 3k Wolves fans can despite being battered, can there not be an audible hardcore home choir amongst the tourists?
Our away support is noisy every game, we’ve got 3000+ grouped together,but it’s away at the Champions and they’re not that bothered about playing us, scatter our fans around a bit and you wouldn’t hear them.
My point is, if we get a bigger stadium capacity it’ll water the atmosphere down guaranteed, then we will get “libraried” more often by up and coming teams, i’ll guarantee it.
I’ll also add, can’t your hear the volume going up and down during games when the fans sing? and before anyone starts bleating, our fans were noisy yesterday and hats off to them as always, but that noise from the tv comes through microphones.

Last edited:

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our fans sounded great on tv, certainly better than the city fans.
I was impressed with the support after
Bolys card
The penalty
The own goal
They were a high point in an otherwise bad night.

Back
Top Bottom