Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Citeh ‘tarquins’ don’t like our support

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the very disappointing spectacle last night, thought I’d head over to blue moon, see what they thought of the contentious decisions.

Hardly a mention. What did seem to come up surprisingly often though, was how ‘embarrassing/tinpot/lower league mindset’ the Wolves away support was.

Apparently, it doesn’t matter if you’re 15x per head louder than the home fans, that only made a real noise for the first goal.
No, you’re not allowed to sing ‘is this a library’ to an almost silent stadium, it’s tired and cliché.

What happened to you Manchester City?
Thought you lauded yourselves as the real Manchester, not that plastic glory-hunting lot down the road?
A couple of titles and that all disappears does it?
It’s only Wolves, no need to make a noise, despite being in a close title race rather than last seasons procession.
Player specific songs only, must be unique and original every game, and if can’t do that, then just clap politely or do nothing?

Can only assume it’s the giddy heights of recent success.
Spurs fans were rightly ashamed that it was only the away support could be heard at Wembley.

Want to thank and praise all those in attendance last night.
I may have been critical of ‘sign on’ in the past, as I do feel that is tired and old hat.
But if a place sounds like a bloody library, then they should be well and truly told about it, and feel suitably chastened.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are certain go to songs fans of all clubs go to. 'Is this a library' is one. 'Is there a fire drill' another. I suppose they do need updating.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to happen to us eventually . They were very similar to us size wise before the take over.

Maybe even louder and more loyal.

Unfortunately the atmosphere is going to get diluted if you increase the size of your club unorganically.

Our fans already turn up expecting us to beat lower premier league opposition/ we want to be entertained attitude.

Last edited:

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even when they play big champions league nights the ground is just soulless
Sat there, spoilt, expectant, entitled.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
It's going to happen to us eventually . They were very similar to us size wise before the take over.

Unfortunately the atmosphere is going to get diluted if you increase the size of your club unorganically.

Are fans already turn up expecting us to beat lower premier league opposition/ we want to be entertained attitude.
Yes - vs Palace...

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are fans already turn up expecting us to beat lower premier league opposition/ we want to be entertained attitude.
Unfortunately you are right, it will happen to us too, if it isn't already .

S

ShropshireLad

There are certain go to songs fans of all clubs go to. 'Is this a library' is one. 'Is there a fire drill' another. I suppose they do need updating.
"We're all staying here,
You're all ****ing off,
We're all staying here,
You're all ****ing off.

We're all staying here,
You're all ****ing off,
We're all staying here."
etc. etc.

S

ShropshireLad

The only time they were loud is when their goalkeeper decided to take the ****, 3-0 up, at home to 10 men.

I just hope if we become as successful in the future, that we don't forget where we came from.
There was a season not that long ago when Wolves were alleged to be the first club known to have had two keepers in the same season play the ball in an opponent's half - Ikeme and Hennessey...in different matches, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I was right next to the home fans and agree some of ours fans were cringe worthy / embarrassing / tinpot.

I like City fans as until recently they have struggled in the shadow of their more illustrious neighbours and like us been down to the depths and back. They could have really lauded it over us last night but most right minded City fans didn't as they can see we are decent team trying to take a similar path to what they did a decade ago.

Quite rightly though they laughed at / took the p out those wolves fans who chanted "where were you when you were ****" and "you couldn't afford Neves". Really? I know to some fans it was just tongue in cheek banter but I thought it was small-time and there was one numpty in particular a few rows in front who was seriously baiting individual City fans with comments like "you've only been watching City since 2014". It wasn't tongue in cheek as he was getting really worked up to the point a couple of stewards had to calm him down, That's embarrassing. The City fans right next to me were not your City tourist types and would have more than likely been at Shrewsbury when they were indeed **** and in League 1.

L

Lycan

Thought the City fans sat either side of the away end in the lower tier were quite good for a 'Big 6' team tbh. Louder than Arsenal, Spurs, United etc were for sure. The rest of the stadium were completely silent though.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ****y Wanderers chant needs to stop.

It's wasted in the Premier League, not heard one away fan respond or sing it.

Sing it sarcastically at Blues, Albion or Villa but not against Bournemouth and Watford in this league. It's not funny. Likewise if you're 2 nil down away at City.

As for where were you when you were ****, they were there. In far bigger numbers than we were.

Classic match report - Wolves 4 Man City 1, 1999

3,000 of them in the Steve Bull Lower that night. The gate was 21k.

C

ChesterWolf

I was right next to the home fans and agree some of ours fans were cringe worthy / embarrassing / tinpot.

I like City fans as until recently they have struggled in the shadow of their more illustrious neighbours and like us been down to the depths and back. They could have really lauded it over us last night but most right minded City fans didn't as they can see we are decent team trying to take a similar path to what they did a decade ago.

Quite rightly though they laughed at / took the p out those wolves fans who chanted "where were you when you were ****" and "you couldn't afford Neves". Really? I know to some fans it was just tongue in cheek banter but I thought it was small-time and there was one numpty in particular a few rows in front who was seriously baiting individual City fans with comments like "you've only been watching City since 2014". It wasn't tongue in cheek as he was getting really worked up to the point a couple of stewards had to calm him down, That's embarrassing. The City fans right next to me were not your City tourist types and would have more than likely been at Shrewsbury when they were indeed **** and in League 1.

I took the ‘where were you when you were ****’ chants at the home game against City as an ironic **** take due to every club singing it to us last year?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I saw a lot of praise for us last night on twitter from City fans.

Can’t believe we used the “****y wanderers” song at 2-0 down though. Brainless.

That ****y wanderers song needs bining.Oh and have ya had an infraction for not letting the swear filter do its job ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Had to laugh when we were singing "is there a fire drill" as hundreds of our fans filed past me.

I did wonder with the whole "experience" last night (forgetting the actual match) if that's really what I want for us.

BTW saw 3 half and half scarves in the away end and the Metro is a joke down that end!

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Thought the City fans sat either side of the away end in the lower tier were quite good for a 'Big 6' team tbh. Louder than Arsenal, Spurs, United etc were for sure. The rest of the stadium were completely silent though.
Agreed. I was in L1 right next to the segregation barrier near the goal and they pretty much matched us song for song and as you say the City fans on the other side of the segregation near the corner flag were boisterous too. The rest of the stadium wasn't that raucous. In fact there was so little movement in the top tiers we thought the fans had been painted on but as you say still louder than the Emirates etc.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone explain what small time support means? Is it the opposite to sitting there in silence waiting to be entertained?

My point entirely.

Apparently we were playing ‘small-time chant bingo’ and got a full house.

I must be small time then. If that’s how enjoying things like listening to barmy army ring out for 10 minutes while holding onto the lead vs ‘Pool are deemed.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wen they scanned the city fans behind the goal.They mostly looked foreign.With half and halfs on :(

C

ChesterWolf

Agreed. I was in L1 right next to the segregation barrier near the goal and they pretty much matched us song for song and as you say the City fans on the other side of the segregation near the corner flag were boisterous too. The rest of the stadium wasn't that raucous. In fact there was so little movement in the top tiers we thought the fans had been painted on but as you say still louder than the Emirates etc.

Watching on TV I can barely recall hearing any City chants, Wolves fans however across very loud. There was a Ruben Neves chant early which sounded like a full Molineux!

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the ****y Wanderers chant. It's just taking to michael out of years of abuse we have received.

It's supposed to be used sarcastically.

When you're 2 nil down in a library of a stadium, why even bother signing it?

W

wolvesultra

Our fans already turn up expecting us to beat lower premier league opposition/ we want to be entertained attitude.
Sad but true

I genuinely feel for the true city fans you know those that went to Maine road but now have to put up with that. Most won’t admit it (as club allegiance runs deep and we tend to go on the defensive when someone’s having a pop) but a bet a lot of their old school supporters agreed.

Had to laugh at one point up in the 3rd tier we sang where were you when you were ****. One City fan responded, where were you.....both had valid points to be fair.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I cannot Phathom watching that team and the football they play and leaving before the end of the game as a fan. Just does not compute.

W

wolvesultra

How did the atmosphere sound from tv? Seemed good from up in the 3rd tier (ours not theirs) but can never really tell how loud it actually is

W

wolvesultra

There was a Wolves fan in the row in front of me who was being 'shamed' for wearing a half and half scarf. There were about 25-30 around us chanting 'what the ****ing he'll is that' at him.
This is what I like to hear...,..long may this continue

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well if that's the case then it just shows how loud the wolves fans were.Wolves were heard all through the game,and at times it was very loud.City I probably heard about 4 times throughout the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom