Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely a step up from Adama.
Excellent player who surely MUST start v Citeh!!
We might play same tactic as league cup and hit them with direct pop ace on break so maybe he, Raul Neto etc need to practise one on one, rwo on one etc

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A player that makes things happen is like gold-dust.

Trincao’s finish was incredible, but which player bust a gut to run beyond him, opening up the space for him to come inside and shoot? Chiquino.

And almost anyone else from our squad, receiving the ball on the wing in the 97th minute, would take an extra, safer touch before putting the ball in. Not Chiquino. Whips it in first time before the defenders could get set.

Basically, the lad was a complete game changer!!!

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched him play for the under 23s and said that he had something about him and I liked the way he tracks back. Some guy at the time who watches a lot of Portuguese football commented that he can operate centrally too. I thought he did enough in his short cameo role to dislodge Trincao.
I expect him to be a very good player for us.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned but it gives me hope that Jimenez can improve next season if Chiquinho plays more. It's understandable that we had to change tactics this season and put fewer crosses into the box because of that head protection Jimenez had to wear. Now that he is wearing something that can allow him to head the ball better he can focus on getting into the box and win the ball in the air.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't remember which cameo it was, but remember thinking he really got stuck in and looked strong on the ball. That with his ability and pace is very exciting and God knows how we've snapped him up for so little £££?!
3 million to estoril is a lot of money. We got in before the big portuguese three got there first.
Next hopefully is andre franco on a free from there.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really does.
He actually won the ball back quite a lot today. He's just not an AM
As long as he can sit, with his only responsibility being run around, win possession, and give it to the nearest player, he’s far better, and his whole limited game and confidence improve as soon as that’s all that’s asked of him.
He’s a deluxe Karl Henry. 4231 would suit him fine, there’s less responsibility to do something with the ball, with more players close in front of him.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He has looked bright in his cameos but also a bit naive at times. The clamber for him to start and attitude that he’s already better than Traore though are a bit knee jerk. See also the ‘sign Trincao’ brigade based on his latest cameo.

Playing as a winger who has been thrown on when chasing the game, he’ll have been given very little responsibility other than, ‘go at it full pelt, get the ball in the box’. Starting the game is a different kettle of sea bass.

It’s interesting that Coady got the equaliser. Coady wouldn’t be in that position in the 6th, 16th, 26th, 36th etc minute. He was up in the 96th because we were desperate.

It was a great ball in but it resulted in a goal due to us getting people in the box. Had he been crossing like that earlier in the game, chances are there’d only be Raul versus the opposition defenders trying to head it.

I’m not saying he won’t start on Wednesday, it’s just that the coaching staff see him every day and will be working hard with him to make him ready to start. He may not be there yet.

He looks like a real talent and we may well have a bargain on our hands. Potentially a great bit of recruitment.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying raw? Raw would imply error prone and/or poor decision making. I havent seen any of that.

I think tactically naïve is more what people mean when they say a player is 'raw'. Can he stick to a plan and also do the defensive work / track the right players when he needs too. That's something many young players don't have and it just takes time to pick up. I think give him a full pre-season with us and he'll improve in that department immensely.

Against Chelsea he looked great but frankly, they were all over the shop defensively and left him the spaces to run into which most players of his skill level would have taken advantage of. Trincao also looked great against Chelsea (as well as vs Leeds). What do those games have in common? both of those teams were VERY open defensively at the time, against a more organised team he just doesn't look the same player.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone getting a bit carried away here.

There’s a huge difference between starting a game and having that impact across 90 minutes, compared to coming on when we’re chasing the game and having license to attack at will.

Although he probably deserves a start, I still think he’s primarily an excellent bench player.
Booooo. Get carried away!

He’s the new Jairzinho!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's already got more assists than Traore this season in the Prem.

De Bruyne had the "Most Assists per 90 minutes" record (at about 0.5) and Chiquinho's just smashed that with 3 in 60 minutes!

When we see the "Liverpool/Man U/Arsenal look to sign young Wolves Star" headlines, we will know he's arrived. It will be within 2 or 3 weeks at current rate of progress.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
It's been a long time since we had someone who can cross the ball like he does. Could be a real asset if we get players in the box and the rumoured target man Lage wants.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think at the moment i'd still use him as an impact sub but i'd be trying to give him more game time in that role. Bit soon to say he is a step up from Adama but the potential is certainley there.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
3 million to estoril is a lot of money. We got in before the big portuguese three got there first.
Next hopefully is andre franco on a free from there.
if we are going to continue shopping in Portugal for players and there is no reason why we won’t, this is exactly the model we should be following, look for players who can do a job for us at clubs like Estoril, Braga and Boavista Etc. for a few million instead of letting Porto, Benfica and Sporting hoover them up initially before selling them on to us at inflated prices.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think at the moment i'd still use him as an impact sub but i'd be trying to give him more game time in that role. Bit soon to say he is a step up from Adama but the potential is certainley there.
Unlike Adama, who is a cross between an Olympic sprinter and a weight-lifter, Chiquinho actually looks and thinks like a proper footballer. You can't coach that. For me he is a starter next season. I want to see him on one side and Neto on the other. If Raul can get back to something even 80% of his old self, those three could cause fireworks. Podence in behind wouldn't be bad either.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been a long time since we had someone who can cross the ball like he does. Could be a real asset if we get players in the box and the rumoured target man Lage wants.
Waggy springs immediately to mind!!!

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to The Athletic we’re thinking of loaning him out next season. Can’t see it myself as he could be an excellent impact sub with 5 subs next season probably enhancing his opportunities.
I ****in despair if that is the case :mad:. This stinks of another "Sellars cluster****" of a decision if true.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of talk about him being 'raw'. I'm not sure I'm seeing that. If he takes his form in these cameos (he hasn't really put a foot wrong so far, but then iirc he's played when we've been chasing games which is different) and can produce that consistently then we've got an oven baked talent. Obviously that's a massive 'if' but it's exciting ay it?

Needs to play the remainder of our games. Ooooh, just imagine, best case scenario.... we sign a good striker, MGW comes back and plays well, Chiquinho turns out to be class, RAN remains electric, Neto gets back to fitness and form, and then there's the Pod too: suddenly we've got attacking options in abundance :)

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pointless loaning him out I’d give him a chance better to develop him here than another club. He’s good enough at this level Saturday showed it
Spot on. He's shown he can do what he's meant to do within the team. In this league on the few occasions he's played he's taken his chance to shine.
Fabio has had chance after chance after chance........ Out of the two I know who NEEDS a loan .

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that quote has been taken out of context slightly, the actual quote was:

“The club have been considering sending him out on loan next season and that may still be the case, but performances such as the one Chiquinho gave at Stamford Bridge show he undeniably has the quality to make a Premier League impact now.”

To me that reads as something they’ve been considering as an option in general (as they should be, assessing every option for every player to see what’s best for them and the club) rather than watching him against Chelsea and going “he’s alright isn’t he, he’ll do a great job for Grasshoppers next season” as it seems to being taken.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that quote has been taken out of context slightly, the actual quote was:

“The club have been considering sending him out on loan next season and that may still be the case, but performances such as the one Chiquinho gave at Stamford Bridge show he undeniably has the quality to make a Premier League impact now.”

To me that reads as something they’ve been considering as an option in general (as they should be, assessing every option for every player to see what’s best for them and the club) rather than watching him against Chelsea and going “he’s alright isn’t he, he’ll do a great job for Grasshoppers next season” as it seems to being taken.
Exactly how can the club expect him to get any better without playing lol

Back
Top Bottom