Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea verdict

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, provided you don’t complain if we drop down to 14th.
At this point, we can’t have it both ways.
This is where I am with it at the moment. I’m not enjoying watching us very much but can see what would happen if the current team played 10-15yards further up the pitch. We are a few good signings from being a really good team but we aren’t ready to play progressively every game at the moment.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i 100% agree. chelsea are the european champions and until 2 weeks ago were top of the league. we have played really well against them, city and liverpool. everyone else is getting thrashed. city scored 11 goals since tuesday for example but could only manage a dodgy pen against us. the moaning and groaning on here gets me down. we are 8th. a position we could only have dreamt of most seasons since 1980 and yet in some peoples eyes we only have **** players and have been let down by our owners. if sunderland, bolton, derby, forest, ipswich, sheff weds fans or even baggies fans read this bile on here they would think we were the most entitled, deluded bunch on the planet

Absolutely. For the first time since I was in junior school, we have a team which feels like it genuinely belongs in the top half of the top league, and we are disappointed not to get more than a draw or narrow defeat against the three best teams in the league.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a bit depressing to be pinned back in the second half, but we did incredibly well to restrict them to one chance.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just shows how far we have come in the last 6 years, by moaning about a draw against Chelsea.
Exactly right. We’ve held some very good teams recently and lost to some very dubious decisions.
However, I guess we are all looking forward to goals and entertaining football when watching Wolves. Atm, both of those things are missing.
Hopefully get some players in January and kick on. This current squad needs some help to get out of the pedestrian first gear.
On a positive note, Bruno has done bloody wonders with our defence, especially from set pieces.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Personally a good point gained and I would of thought the majority on here would have taken that result prior to the game?

I don’t think it’s been mentioned before but considering we’ve fulfilled all our fixtures to date I wouldn’t want to be one of those teams having to play catch-up with the amount of postponements currently going on and this could continue well into the New Year if the situation gets worse.

Games in-hand use to be considered an advantage but not now I suspect?

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
I would love to have the “depleted” Chelsea 11 as our starting 11. They were never there for the taking, nor should we be ruing not taking 3 points against the current European champions.
It was a well deserved point, albeit one earned with No attacking intent in the 2nd half, fair play to Tuchel for tweaking their system.
We’re doing fine, 8th in the table, no chance of going down, let’s see what January brings.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back four were fantastic again. Sa my player of the season so far. He's been so good. Coady, Saiss and Kilman an excellent unit again.

We are so solid at the moment. City, Liverpool and Chelsea have hardly created a chance between them.

Foundation is there for Bruno to get us up further up the pitch next year.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been out all day and not able to follow the game , judging by the first posts on this thread I am dreading asking " OK how many did we get put past us today by the zillion pound team in 3rd place " --- :eek:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. For the first time since I was in junior school, we have a team which feels like it genuinely belongs in the top half of the top league, and we are disappointed not to get more than a draw or narrow defeat against the three best teams in the league.
This is a good point. When we had the 3 seasons in the PL under Mick we never really “belonged” in the league and inevitably went down the second the performance levels dropped below 100%.

We are now a bonafide top half team which is probably where a lot of the frustration with the negative performances comes from.

T

TheConcourse

Anyone moaning (do they ever f##kin stop) about that performance should be ashamed of themselves, entitled numbties! I was going to explain why I thought we were excellent today but I can't be f##kin bothered
Think people are bored. Dunno. I appreciate any points against the big boys, but I also appreciate that performances matter more broadly.

I can’t see many people being irritated by getting a point against Chelsea, I think it’s probably the outcome of scoring 1 goal in 7463638 years ;)

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m going to get absolute pelters for this but…

Do we need to be looking at signing a striker in January and make Raul fight for his place?
we need someone who can Play up front With Raul and instead of him on occasion. We also need players who can provide the right service to whoever is playing as main point of attack, a couple of Seasons ago Raul and Traore had a great partnership. With Raul out for a lot of last season Traore hasn't hit that form with anyone else, nor has he done so with Raul so far this season, Rauls form has been a bit patchy so far, so think we need some options so if he is having an off game we can change things around, but also provide better support service to him so he can play more up front more of the time without having to drop deep quite as much

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Personally a good point gained and I would of thought the majority on here would have taken that result prior to the game?

I don’t think it’s been mentioned before but considering we’ve fulfilled all our fixtures to date I wouldn’t want to be one of those teams having to play catch-up with the amount of postponements currently going on and this could continue well into the New Year if the situation gets worse.

Games in-hand use to be considered an advantage but not now I suspect?
Yeah massive to get that fixture in and not have to cram them in. Even if there is a week off so the players can bubble up then we will be in a better place.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hello, it's me again.

I was wondering....

Should we have kept Mir? Was he really the best striker on our books?

I somehow expect less and less howls of derision than previously.

But still... have at it.

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m going to get absolute pelters for this but…

Do we need to be looking at signing a striker in January and make Raul fight for his place?
Of course not, no pelters from me in any case. I've been saying it since June. The only difference is we had the better player already, but chickened out.

Reactions: Ned

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well 1st half.
2nd half we were 2nd best by a distance and not sure the reason, whether Chelsea change in tactics or us being leggy. We persistently gave the ball away all over the pitch and maybe Chelsea just massively stepped upped their pressing.

Chelsea adapted at HT and took over the midfield from us, cutting our forwards off and pinning us back. Think it highlighted our own small squad and injuries / covid cases that we had limited options on the bench to respond. Think I might have kept Pod on and taken Raul off for Traore, but maybe Bruno felt we needed Raul at the back for corners?

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proud of our fine defence.
We so need to sign a quality attcking midfield "general" as well as a proven goal scorer.
Sadly I cant see the money being available to do this.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We play that deep he can't do anything. Though saying that he is off the boil, need a adequate backup to get him on his toes imv.
Not great for him that in a game we could have scored 2 or 3 he was suspended. He needs to get into the ****ing box

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hello, it's me again.

I was wondering....

Should we have kept Mir? Was he really the best striker on our books?

I somehow expect less and less howls of derision than previously.

But still... have at it.
It's a bit academic anyway, how would we have kept him?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird match, great point, good effort, pretty boring and bland but can't really complain when it actually works.

However, concerns over Raul for me, love the bloke but he's been below standards for a while, understandably that is though, hopefully Fabio gets a few minutes once recovered.

Wont do a rating because all has been said but yeah, 25 points at this stage is a cracking return, I might dislike the football, but we are up there...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we’ve regressed then?

Relative to those three teams, in some ways yes. Not our coach’s fault, but our owners / senior management.

Offensively, our squad is not as strong as it was when we had Jota and before Raul’s injury. Defensively, it’s at least as good. Midfield is threadbare in depth.

Chelsea are much stronger this season than the last couple. City and Liverpool are at least as strong as they were. All three have spent more on individual players than we have spent in total net.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a bit academic anyway, how would we have kept him?
Already answered. Easy, pay him and make him know that he was wanted and appreciated. His progression deserved it. But we preferred cashing in.

Anyway you're right, it is academic but at least noone is claiming that someone else is so much better anymore.

He wasn't, and isn't now. But after 18 games and half the season, we can still hope. Can't do much else.

What's broken can be fixed, but sometimes the clock is inexorable.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already answered. Easy, pay him and make him know that he was wanted and appreciated. His progression deserved it. But we preferred cashing in.
He didn't want to stay and wouldn't sign a contract.

I would have kept him too if we could, but he wanted to leave. To suggest it would have been "easy" to get him to stay is a bit much.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn't want to stay and wouldn't sign a contract.

I would have kept him too if we could, but he wanted to leave. To suggest it would have been "easy" to get him to stay is a bit much.
He wouldn't sign a **** contract. Good for him. But he would have signed a great contract, but no... that would have upset someone.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
we need someone who can Play up front With Raul and instead of him on occasion. We also need players who can provide the right service to whoever is playing as main point of attack, a couple of Seasons ago Raul and Traore had a great partnership. With Raul out for a lot of last season Traore hasn't hit that form with anyone else, nor has he done so with Raul so far this season, Rauls form has been a bit patchy so far, so think we need some options so if he is having an off game we can change things around, but also provide better support service to him so he can play more up front more of the time without having to drop deep quite as much
I think our main issue is that the attacking 3 are all playing too far apart, so they all end up isolated in possession. We would probably be better playing a front 2 with the 3rd man given a free role in behind, focusing our attacks down the middle.

I believe a partnership of Hwang and Raul is the way forward, just look at how they linked up in the Newcastle game. Hwang has that knack of scoring goals and Raul is always better with someone to play off of.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1st half yes, when they took the CB they had in midfield off they controlled the game and we had 11 players in box for entire 48 mins. Needed a change earlier but he will stick instead of twisting. Which i do understand.
I know Chelsea didn't have a full squad available but who they did have available are pretty good. A deserved point and our best performance since West Ham.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had the best chances against an excellent Chelsea team. Nobody has let us down child.

If you genuinely believe the recruitment team has not left us in a worse off position this season, then I have no words.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another great performance by the defence. Would love to see a bit more from us going forward, but we've played the top 3 in December and it's about time we got a deserved point against one of them.

Back
Top Bottom