Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea verdict

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good point. Only watched the first half and I thought we were good without being great. Chelsea are a better team than us so can't whine about a point.

Goalscoring is a real real worry.
Defense is absolute fantastic. Conor Coady, Max Kilman and Roman Saiss are all having the seasons of their lives. Jose Sa has been brilliant.

I can't help shake the feeling that the season is over though! I can't see us battling for Europe and we are much better than the bottom 6. The perils of mid table premier League!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another game with absolutely no desire to win the game.

Take a point , but realistically most top 10 teams at home would have beaten that Chelsea team today.

We are literally set up to have no intention of scoring . Leaving 2 players completely isolated up front against quality defenders.

Another weekend, more corruption . That kante handball is as clear red card as you are ever likely to see . And another incident in the man city game too where a stonewall Newcastle penalty wasn’t given

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-0 win if old Raul is on the pitch.
Need him back ASAP.

Currently stuck in football purgatory, Jeff and Scott have let us down big time.
They've also delivered massively in other aspects mate. But the lack of genuine goalscoring options is beginning to become clear as day. Thank god we defend like spartans

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good point. Only watched the first half and I thought we were good without being great. Chelsea are a better team than us so can't whine about a point.

Goalscoring is a real real worry.
Defense is absolute fantastic. Conor Coady, Max Kilman and Roman Saiss are all having the seasons of their lives. Jose Sa has been brilliant.

I can't help shake the feeling that the season is over though! I can't see us battling for Europe and we are much better than the bottom 6. The perils of mid table premier League!
So have a ****ing go

If you aren’t good defensively with 9 players defending - then you would be worried .

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've also delivered massively in other aspects mate. But the lack of genuine goalscoring options is beginning to become clear as day. Thank god we defend like spartans

They have, but we went into the window needing midfield and defensive reinforcements to transition away from 3 at the back, as Nuno envisaged, and we somehow came out the other side signing Hwang, Trincao, losing 3 CMs and Boly.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thought we played really well first half. Looked solid in the 5-3-2 and very unlucky not be ahead (and possibly against 10 men).

They switched things around at half-time and dominated the second half. Tough watch but we defended superbly with Coady and Saiss especially magnificent.

Happy with the point against a team which still had a number of top-class players.

Sa 8
Kilman 7
Coady 8
Saiss 8
Hoever 6
Moutinho 7
Neves 7
Dendoncker 6
Marcal 6
Podence 7
Raul 6

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard earned point. Blimey we need some goals.
Bruno brought in for a more attractive/attacking style of play, but leaves it so late with his subs to go and attack that the game has pretty much escaped us already.
Traore had a good game last match, but Bruno was cowardly and benched him rather than going for it with a free hit against Chelsea. Just my opinion of course, but feel that the adventurous football Bruno likes (allegedly) is miles away.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point and a very good first half performance. Second half not so good but we look as solid as a rock at the back. Hopefully we can get a couple of players in in January to offer a more consistent threat going forward.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some shocking verdict posts complaining about that? Against a team like Chelsea, who despite their covid woes, still played a CL starting 11 and used CL level subs, we took a well deserved point and clean sheet. How many teams have kept a clean sheet against Chelsea this year? If we’d won it wouldn’t have been an unfair result, but over the 90 mins I thought it a fair result. Defence brilliant. Forwards good first half, entirely missing second.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno brought in for a more attractive/attacking style of play, but leaves it so late with his subs to go and attack that the game has pretty much escaped us already.
Traore had a good game last match, but Bruno was cowardly and benched him rather than going for it with a free hit against Chelsea. Just my opinion of course, but feel that the adventurous football Bruno likes (allegedly) is miles away.
Just your opinion. I disagree.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good point but i felt without someone like Lukaku we could of been a bit braver and gone for it. Don't get me wrong a point against Chelsea isn't something to turn nose up at and whatever team they pick its going to be strong but under the circumstances maybe we could of done more but who knows maybe we would of lost the game.

Reactions: Ned

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Played well 1st half.
2nd half we were 2nd best by a distance and not sure the reason, whether Chelsea change in tactics or us being leggy. We persistently gave the ball away all over the pitch and maybe Chelsea just massively stepped upped their pressing.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some shocking verdict posts complaining about that? Against a team like Chelsea, who despite their covid woes, still played a CL starting 11 and used CL level subs, we took a well deserved point and clean sheet. How many teams have kept a clean sheet against Chelsea this year? If we’d won it wouldn’t have been an unfair result, but over the 90 mins I thought it a fair result. Defence brilliant. Forwards good first half, entirely missing second.
I don’t get the negativity (despite us being boring and toothless) but I think you’re stretching this a bit far. A win would have absolutely been an unfair result on Chelsea based on the second half.

Just because we’ve defended well and have done better than expected it doesn’t mean that we deserved something from the game.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you say Bruno was cowardly, I think he was smart.

Leemack

Reaction score
For me it is simple.

Yes we could have taken all 3 points and yes we could be better going forward. If you'd have offered me a point before the game i'd have snapped your hand off. We lost to Citeh and Liverpool and could have won both of those games and would have loved a point against each of them and today the thought of a last 10 minute 1-0 loss was there for us all to fear BUT....

We held the European champions to a goal less draw on a foggy afternoon in December. We all want a win but I would rather not lose to a good team like Chelsea than suffer a gut wrenching defeat by over committing forwards. Hopefully we get some power up top in January so lets try and be positive and go into xmas with another point on the board. I'm gutted I couldn't go. Had to sell some games back to the club off my ST as i'm in hospital on xmas eve for a shoulder operation so lets enjoy it.

WAW

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are some, of course, who would like to gungo ho and lose 7-0 a la Leeds v Man City.

Last edited:

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it is simple.

Yes we could have taken all 3 points and yes we could be better going forward. If you'd have offered me a point before the game i'd have snapped your hand off. We lost to Citeh and Liverpool and could have won both of those games and would have loved a point against each of them and today the thought of a last 10 minute 1-0 loss was there for us all to fear BUT....

We held the European champions to a goal less draw on a foggy afternoon in December. We all want a win but I would rather not lose to a good team like Chelsea than suffer a gut wrenching defeat by over committing forwards. Hopefully we get some power up top in January so lets try and be positive and go into xmas with another point on the board. I'm gutted I couldn't go. Had to sell some games back to the club off my ST as i'm in hospital on xmas eve for a shoulder operation so lets enjoy it.

WAW
Good luck mate UTW

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i 100% agree. chelsea are the european champions and until 2 weeks ago were top of the league. we have played really well against them, city and liverpool. everyone else is getting thrashed. city scored 11 goals since tuesday for example but could only manage a dodgy pen against us. the moaning and groaning on here gets me down. we are 8th. a position we could only have dreamt of most seasons since 1980 and yet in some peoples eyes we only have **** players and have been let down by our owners. if sunderland, bolton, derby, forest, ipswich, sheff weds fans or even baggies fans read this bile on here they would think we were the most entitled, deluded bunch on the planet

Back
Top Bottom