Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea v Wolves comms thread.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
absolutely. It was the manner of the goals that really deflated me. But Chelsea are a better team than us and you'd always expect them to score.

It was just the manner in which they did get the goals that was a real **** kick

I've seen us play better and lose, and seen us play worse and win. I'm hoping that spell at the end of the game is the catalyst for us to play some more attacking football in these last games because we look a better side on the front foot.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical Wolves … you couldn’t make it up…. as soon as we push forward with pace we are a different animal. Surely Chiqiuno has to play in our remaining games !!
Agree. That's why Traore was an effective weapon for us

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That will feel like a win to the players.
Take the final 15 minutes into the Wednesday match and who knows??!!

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ha ha. Don't make me laugh. We were pants for the majority of the game. 15 mins of desperate attacking and people really are fooled into thinking we played well.

It was a fine effort to make it back from 2 down away, but you are kidding yourself if you think we played well. Doing well to get something out of a game like that and us performing well are two different things that people shouldn't get mixed up. If we lost that game we could have had no complaints whatsoever.
We created 9 great chances, so couldn't have been that bad, 2 clear chances at the end of the first half, a mad 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half led to the goals. The effort was their today, that's what I want to see. Boly magnificent

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha. Don't make me laugh. We were pants for the majority of the game. 15 mins of desperate attacking and people really are fooled into thinking we played well.

It was a fine effort to make it back from 2 down away, but you are kidding yourself if you think we played well. Doing well to get something out of a game like that and us performing well are two different things that people shouldn't get mixed up. If we lost that game we could have had no complaints whatsoever.
Quick tip, don’t ever follow Real Madrid

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to try a four in the Norwich game with an extra attacking player on the pitch.

Sa
Jonny, Coady/Mosquera, Boly, RAN
Neves, Moutinho
Chiquinho, Trincao, Neto
Raul/Fabio
Cant drop Coady, but I agree been calling for a back 4 since the **** end of last season

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day we watch football to be entertained. For too long we've been dull as hell to watch. We had chances before Chelsea scored but it wasn't entertaining. The last 20 is what we all crave. Bruno needs to take the shackles off now as we have nothing to lose

I'm entertained by Wolves winning 1-0, don't care how.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Cant drop Coady, but I agree been calling for a back 4 since the **** end of last season

He won’t be dropped. I’d just like to see Mosquera given a game to see if he may be a contender as the quick, physical defender we need next year (my gut feel is he is still too raw…but then again, look what Chiquinho added today).

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems we carried on with a back 3, with Jonny playing on the right and Chiquinho playing wingback

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Agree. That's why Traore was an effective weapon for us

Exactly what I have been saying. There are flaws to Adama’s game but he gave us genuine pace and an ability to transition quickly up the pitch and a Plan B/chaos factor to shake things up when our football hasn’t flowed.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we won it they couldnt complain either
We had 6 great chances they had about the same,could have gone either way
We played well enough apart from 15/20 minutes after HT last 20 there was only one team in it and it wasnt Chelsea
Well done lads really enjoyed the game for a change :)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what I have been saying. There are flaws to Adama’s game but he gave us genuine pace and an ability to transition quickly up the pitch and a Plan B/chaos factor to shake things up when our football hasn’t flowed.
He does but he cant cross to save his life lol

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Match reports aren't always correct. They outplayed us for three quarters of the game and we forced their keeper into one save.

If you are fine with that good for you. I'm happy we got a point, but I'm not happy it took desperation football and being 2-0 down before we really gave it to them. Despite me being over the moon and probably waking up my neighbours, I'm not going to dress it up as a good performance overall because it wasn't. It was a good 15 mins.
You're moving the goalposts. We deserved a point

Marvellous007

Groupie
Reaction score
Saiss should never wear a gold shirt again. Too slow, gives away too many free-kicks & penalties. Loses his man more often than not & really puts us under pressure. Absolutely shockingly bad & not up to premier league standard.

Toti came in and did nothing wrong & should never have been dropped for this waste of a shirt.

AU REVOIR ROMAIN………..
Toti nowhere good enough to be playing in the premiership

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best part of that half was the new Chelsea owner whistling his praise at the Chelsea 'goal' only to look confused when VAR disallowed it. Yanks and football. :tearsofjoy:

He's reportedly worth $4.5 billion and can't afford a suit and tie. Thought he was one of the ball-boys at one stage.
What do you expect from a man called “Todd”

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Match reports aren't always correct. They outplayed us for three quarters of the game and we forced their keeper into one save.

If you are fine with that good for you. I'm happy we got a point, but I'm not happy it took desperation football and being 2-0 down before we really gave it to them. Despite me being over the moon and probably waking up my neighbours, I'm not going to dress it up as a good performance overall because it wasn't. It was a good 15 mins.
Exactly!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'd accept losing to Norwich ? Play like that last 20 and we'll win, no problem.
The problem is we don’t often play like that 20 minutes. It’s like Traore…….some games he was brilliant but they are few and far between.

For some reason, in the last 15 minutes Wolves played well and got a draw and, let’s be honest, we didn’t expect it. The big question is……why did it happen? Can we replicate it?
My guess is, the lads just started playing football……as simple as that. They just played….forgot training at Compton, forgot Bruno, forgot the video analysis of past games, forgot all the tactics and formations…..….

……….they just got on with playing footy and didn’t overthink it. Its as good as any explanation as any other , I suppose.

……………………….

“It has become, instead, a game of “automatisms,” as another of Pirlo’s peers, Cesc Fàbregas, put it earlier this year. “The manager basically tells you where you have to pass the ball in every moment,” Fàbregas said. “The player has to be positioned in their exact place. It’s becoming a robotic game. I’ve had various managers and it’s not just happened with one or two. It’s happened with four or five. This thing is here to stay.”

It has drifted, in other words, from being a game defined by players to one designed by managers. Pirlo has noted the same shift. “Before, there were maybe not as many coaches who were so prepared, so obsessed with their work, so dedicated to finding the smallest detail so that they could improve,” he said. “It was simpler, in that way, but it was also more difficult: There was less data, fewer ways to study.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom