Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Championship Review - other fan's predictions

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Championship Preview - other fan's predictions

Found a pretty good article on the Guardian Sport site (always good for sports in general) with bloggers from each club giving views on how well they think their team will do:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/.../championship-2012-13-season-preview-bloggers

A few things that struck me after reading this was how hard/competitive this division is likely to be this season with maybe some dark horses like Bighton challenging alongside all the usual suspects.

No-one stuck their necks out and predicted automatic promotion or relegation for their teams but reading the comments section below a few are tipping us to be up there whilst a couple of blues fans think we're crap - not like they're biased or anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

johnybig32

I like the Brum fan who says the relegated teams will struggle to get mid table, then puts Bolton and Blackburn in the top 6!

J

johnybig32

What are our predictions then?

1. Wolves
2. Cardiff
3. Blackburn
4. Birmingham
5. Bolton
6. Blackpool (Winners)

22. Sheff Wed
23. Bristol City
24. Peterborough

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like the Brum fan who says the relegated teams will struggle to get mid table, then puts Bolton and Blackburn in the top 6!

I missed that bit - and they have the cheek to call us thick dingles!

The fact is nobody really can predict how good or bad the relegated clubs are going to do until the season gets underway and even then it may take 10-15 games before it starts really panning out.

On paper the 3 relegated teams should have more quality than the rest of the division even allowing for loss of 'star' players - but morale,confidence and winning mentality count for a lot in any league but especially so in the championship.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are mid table after 10 games we will be doing well, this new team and manager will take time to settle. There is a lot of patience needed, the dumb $$$$ers who wet their pants after we lost a friendly are going to be suicidal!!

L

liquidatorwolf

It's a well known fact that brummies are slow. I'm saying Wolves and Bolton for now.

J

johnybig32

Premier League top six:
Premier League bottom three:
Leading Prem scorer:
First Prem manager to be sacked:
Biggest Prem flop:
FA Cup winners:
Capital One Cup winners:
Champions League winners:
Europa League winners:
Championship top six:
Leading Championship scorer:
League One champions:
League Two champions:

Could do this?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll finish 3rd........and finally get a visit to the new Wembley.

B

Bostin

Notice that Burnley signed Jason Shackell and the Derby fans weren't happy to say the least! Never really got a chance with us. Probably not Premiership quality, but would have been a player in the Championship

V Wolf

Reaction score
Notice that Burnley signed Jason Shackell and the Derby fans weren't happy to say the least! Never really got a chance with us. Probably not Premiership quality, but would have been a player in the Championship

We were in the Championship when we signed him and he still didn't get in the team.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford are my dark horses. They'll be a force this year especially with some of the signings they have made.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think with our tough start and the bedding in period we will be in the bottom three by October but recover to make the playoffs finishing in 6th place

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Bolton
2. Cardiff
3. Blackpool
4. Blackburn
5. Wolves
6. Nottingham Forest

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently not sufficiently clued into this division. I think that the surprise packages will be Charlton and Millwall, in fact I would expect the former to be challenging for a top 6 place.

B

BigBadWolf

My top 6:

1. Bolton Wanderers
2. Blackburn Rovers
3. Cardiff City
4. Blackpool$
5. Leicester$
6. Hull city

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bolton have a strong squad, similar to Reading's when we went up. I think they'll be in the top three. If we keep Fletcher or Jarvis we'll be in the top three.

Have to say though I'm surprised Bolton haven't lost more players especially with their debts and higher wages.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Bolton
2. Cardiff
3. Blackpool
4. Wolves
5. Watford
6. Leeds/Leicester/Charlton

22. Ipswich if they have a bad start. Otherwise Hudders.
23. Peterborough
24. Barnsley

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff and Brighton for automatic.

I fear Colin might get Dirty Leeds into the PO’s along with Blackpool, Leicester and us.

Don’t care about relegation - won’t be us but I’d be surprised if Sheffield Weds are in the bottom 3 as suggested above.

Last edited by a moderator:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton`s owner is probably keeping the Prem wages going for a season and hoping they go straight back up.
Blackburn seemed to of spent the parachute money wisely getting some experience in but the Kean-factor/Owners issue will always be a problem.

Out of the others i fancy Boro to be up there.
Maybe Charlton to be last season`s Southampton and you never know Sheff Weds may go well with DJ in charge.

Than you have Blackpool who were unlucky not to win the Play-off final so have something to prove this season and I`m sure Leicester will do better than last season.

Back
Top Bottom