Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Championship - Manager of the Season

Championship Manager of the Season?

• Total voters

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wanted to put my early pick out there and say what a fantastic achievement from Nigel Clough to keep Burton up this season when you consider their resources. Not to mention that they've played us off the park twice this season.

Has to be manager of the season for me. Wondering what everybody else thinks? Obviously views could change during/after the playoffs so you can change your vote if you want :D

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wagner for me, look at what Huddersfield have spent... quite remarkable where they are and the quality of football they play.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta be Chris Hughton. Considering he took over Brighton in Dec 13 and just about kept them up. The transformation in 15/16 was amazing and this season they have achieved promotion to the PL. Considering how gut wrenching it must have been to lose out on promotion in 15/16 it has been a fantastic achievement.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wagner for me, look at what Huddersfield have spent... quite remarkable where they are and the quality of football they play.

That's a good shout. I do wonder if he will get a look in at a job at the lower end of the PL in the Summer if any are available?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a good shout. I do wonder if he will get a look in at a job at the lower end of the PL in the Summer if any are available?

Wolfsburg wanted him in January didn't they, think he's destined for much bigger things than lower PL

D

Deleted member LP 3925

He's certainly got the X factor.

Edit: oops,wrong guy.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Objectively I would go for Gary Rowett. Ridiculously sacked by Birmingham he is already strengthening Derby.

R

raging bull

Hughton for me , should of been here three seasons back .

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Paul Lambert. keeping us up and playing Dangerous Dave every week is a rare feat ;)
Wagner, although lets see how they do in the play offs.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Owen Coyle...

Has to be Hughton. Top, top Manager.

Honourable mention for Wagner for his achievements on minimal resources and showing that you can challenge with a core of a side that doesn't have much experience of British football.

Also Jaap Stam. That Reading team looked awful against us in August but he stuck to his principles and the new style that he was trying to introduce and reaped the rewards.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wagner for me. Unbelievable what he's achieved with little resource and a pretty average squad.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm torn between Zola who came close to taking Blues from the edge of the POs to relegation and Gary Monk. Monk wins for throwing an 8 point lead in less than a month ensuring Dirty Leeds miss out on the POs. He edges it for the added bonus of letting Leeds fans genuinely believe that they could really be in the PL next year!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clough for me. Special achievement keeping Burton up.
Having said that Hughton has done superbly with Brighton.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jokanovic for me. Caught the play off pack and play good football

Fulham also my tip for the play offs

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I'd vote for Jokanovic personally, I doubt he'd get it though. Being honest, I think Fulham are the best team I've seen this season, in terms of the football they play, and he's not spent a fortune. Hughton will probably win, but he's really only built on what they did last season. Fulham were nowhere last season. They even had Lonergan in goal...

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nigel Clough for me with Chris Hughton as runner up. Of course if 'Arry does a " triffic job " in keeping the Blouse up his London media mates will tell us he is the only one worth mentioning !

Back
Top Bottom