Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Championship - let's stay there!

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate this Greed League so much. It is so bent, so unfair in every way. Unless and until UEFA, the UK government or someone else sorts it out, I feel the Championship is a more sporting and fun place to be.

It has ruined Football as a sport. Most games are decided on the basis of refereeing decisions, not actual skill or merit.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ideal season: 3rd in the Championship.

PL is a huge dose of disappointment served in gold encrusted blankets

Nero wolf

Reaction score
Not strange that WWFC is a Chumpionship club.
A smallminded club for smallminded fans it seems.

A

Apocalypse Now

You earn your luck and decisions, we have earned neither this season. You get decisions by players being accustomed to the "rules" in the premier, unfortunately after three seasons we still look like novices.

A

Apocalypse Now

I hate this Greed League so much. It is so bent, so unfair in every way. Unless and until UEFA, the UK government or someone else sorts it out, I feel the Championship is a more sporting and fun place to be.

It has ruined Football as a sport. Most games are decided on the basis of refereeing decisions, not actual skill or merit.

If you honestly think we are not the worst team in the league and United and citeh the best two then you really know nothing about football.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
You earn your luck and decisions, we have earned neither this season. You get decisions by players being accustomed to the "rules" in the premier, unfortunately after three seasons we still look like novices.

If this is about 'gamesmanship' in the 'professional' game it is true and valid.

Pengwern, like it or not, we lack 'skill' in our game.

We as a club belong in the top league...we either play to its rules, or create an open stink about them.....we also need to strive to attain the quality to be there.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you honestly think we are not the worst team in the league and United and citeh the best two then you really know nothing about football.

We are and Manure are the best. As for the rest, Citeh are just one of three.

I know more than you about Football and politics! If you like the way this League operates, you are a fool.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a Championship (or possibly L.1) club. We've had our chance in the premiership. We blew it four times.
The Championship is fine. Looking forward to a nice comfy mid-lower table finish and being out of the limelight were our appalling board and management aren't in the public eye.

mak1

Reaction score
We are a Championship (or possibly L.1) club. We've had our chance in the premiership. We blew it four times.
The Championship is fine. Looking forward to a nice comfy mid-lower table finish and being out of the limelight were our appalling board and management aren't in the public eye.

League 1? Fool

E

Edgmond Wolf

It is time for the FA to stand up and have a back bone. Instead they hide behind petty rules

Shame on them

I was taught right from wrong as a kid

We see the cheating EVERY WEEK

Do some thing FA or implode and let some other organisation do it

JAIRDUCOCHET

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We did not say this last season when we stayed up, we all thought the prem was great and that we thought that was where we belong

S

Sandwell Wolf

Either a wind up merchant, a Johnny come lately or just a serial pant $$$$er. $$$$ing get real chap, we'll come straight back up.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
By the same argument, we should get more decisions in the Championship where we will be one of the big clubs.

We competed for the best part of two and a half years in the Premier League and despite our recent implosion, the Premier League is the only place to be. Let's accept our relegation gracefully, regroup, rebuild under a new manager and come back stronger in the 2013/14 season.

Out of darkness cometh light.

A

andyc225

No thank you. I'd very much like to be back in the Prem after next season.

Nero wolf

Reaction score
Either a wind up merchant, a Johnny come lately or just a serial pant $$$$er. $$$$ing get real chap, we'll come straight back up.

Ooooh no,we won´t.
We are a championship club at heart.Last thirty years has proven that..and this season as well.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It started at home to Newcastle, how can you earn luck and decisions when a penalty is not given for a foul two yards inside the box and a goal is disallowed for a cross which was given as out when it was not,I can not recollect anything like that going our way all season,mind you we have played crap as well.

E

Edgmond Wolf

By the same argument, we should get more decisions in the Championship where we will be one of the big clubs.

We competed for the best part of two and a half years in the Premier League and despite our recent implosion, the Premier League is the only place to be. Let's accept our relegation gracefully, regroup, rebuild under a new manager and come back stronger in the 2013/14 season.

Well said mate

We need to start my recruiting a whole new management structure

1. Director of Football
2. Manager
3. Coaches
4. Scouting system

We really need to see some movement and some ambition. We need to send out the message to the players before their agents get their players new homes......

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calm down! It was a foul in a goal scoring position. Pen and red was correct.,

A

Apocalypse Now

I know more than you about Football and politics! If you like the way this League operates, you are a fool.

Yeah, and your dad is bigger than my dad:p.

If by politics you mean hypocrisy then I agree.

I don't like the way Wolves operate in this league. Our plan for the last three seasons has been to finish 17th. Think we should gracefully concede and let someone who really wants to compete have a go.

Nero wolf

Reaction score
Yeah, and your dad is bigger than my dad:p.

If by politics you mean hypocrisy then I agree.

I don't like the way Wolves operate in this league. Our plan for the last three seasons has been to finish 17th. Think we should gracefully concede and let someone who really wants to compete have a go.

I agree.We don´t belong.We do not deserve.

A

Apocalypse Now

It started at home to Newcastle, how can you earn luck and decisions when a penalty is not given for a foul two yards inside the box and a goal is disallowed for a cross which was given as out when it was not,I can not recollect anything like that going our way all season,mind you we have played crap as well.

Funny how many wolves fans have a blind spot when it comes to decisions in our favour - Norwich at home being just two.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I seriously would like to know just why you think we'll come straight back up. I really would. This club is a shambles. It will get a lot worse before it gets better. We are not Newcastle United.

S

Sandwell Wolf

Top post.

A

Apocalypse Now

But Morgan has spunked his money on a vanity building project which is why we spent less last summer and virtually nothing in January. Where is the money coming from for us to "come back stronger" - smell the coffee people. This summer is going to be one very sobering experience for many associated with Wolves.

B

BigBadWolfie

Yeah let's stay in the league of chumps in the shadow of Villa, West Brom and possibly Brum.

But hey at least we can say we're doing better than Walsall!!!!!!!

You'll probably get your wish if the clowns running our club take us to an all time low and appoint Megson.

Nero wolf

Reaction score
Yeah let's stay in the league of chumps in the shadow of Villa, West Brom and possibly Brum.

But hey at least we can say we're doing better than Walsall!!!!!!!

You'll probably get your wish if the clowns running our club take us to an all time low and appoint Megson.

..and Moxey will still be here eating all the pies and getting ridiculous amounts of money for a job well sub par.
Only at WWFC.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thank you. I'd very much like to be back in the Prem after next season.

So would I with a good forward thinking manager and good coaching set up unlike the current shambles!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think any of us will be complaining when the 'Greed League' and the English FA are giving us nearly £20 million parachute money in the summer!
Obviously, we should hand it back claiming it would be unfair on clubs like Peterborough, if we accepted it....

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
But Morgan has spunked his money on a vanity building project which is why we spent less last summer and virtually nothing in January. Where is the money coming from for us to "come back stronger" - smell the coffee people. This summer is going to be one very sobering experience for many associated with Wolves.

A lot of posters have made the point that clubs such as Norwich, Swansea and Albion have outperformed us despite not spending as much in the transfer market. Regrouping and coming back stronger doesn't necessarily mean we have to splash out vast sums of money. If we get the right manager and structure in place, we can make what we do have go that much further.

We've signed players like Kightly, Henry and Jarvis for next to nothing before. Who's to say we won't do it again?

Last edited by a moderator:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I don't think any of us will be complaining when the 'Greed League' and the English FA are giving us nearly £20 million parachute money in the summer!
Obviously, we should hand it back claiming it would be unfair on clubs like Peterborough, if we accepted it....

Income Support for the destitute relative to the GL elite.

As regards Peterborough, you don't miss you haven't got or ever had....see Swansea and Naaaaarwich.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This league is a joke, corruption is everywhere but what do you expect with the amount of money at stake?

It's hard enough to compete with the vast differences between how much a club is able spend or in some cases gamble. We all know there is going to besome bias involved when a human is officiating it's natural, and yes you'd expect the bigger clubs or the home team to get a few extra decision but it's gone beyond that it's pure bias and blatant cheating from the FA committees to the Ref and his assistants. It's happening in every game, the referees aren't even trying to hid it anymore. Take today when they didn't know if it was a Goalkick or a Corner, surely as there's less likely to be any consequences from a Goalkick you'd go for that and especially as that would be to the benefit of the home team!

It's a joke, plan and simple.

49badger

"If that was us you'd send him off " knuckledraggers fav chant from the SB does my head in.

W

WasStefan

"If that was us you'd send him off " knuckledraggers fav chant from the SB does my head in.

It's the truth tbf, bias and corruptness everywhere and it's happening in front of our very eyes.

Reaction score
Threads/mindsets like this are totally embarrassing, the Prem is the only place to be. Not as a struggling club for ever, obviously, but progressing up the league, gaining better players. We've failed in doing that this time, but to say we should be content with the Championship is $$$$$$$$. As is chanting "Premier League full of $$$$" or any of the other stupid things I heard tonight, when it's aimed at the ref for a biased decision, fine, but it wasn't at times tonight, it was just a general 'protest'. The top league is the only place to be, despite the Prem's failings.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Income Support for the destitute relative to the GL elite.

As regards Peterborough, you don't miss you haven't got or ever had....see Swansea and Naaaaarwich.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king...compared to the Premier League, yes, it's crumbs from the main table but in the Championship, we'll eat like kings.

Back
Top Bottom