Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that they want to take considerably less margin from the sale of each shirt than Adidas etc.
Apart from the first seasons shirts which were excellent, I don’t think the other adidas efforts were anything to write home about.
The sales reflect that.

I know Wolves aren't going to put out the same shirt every season, but haven't they realized clean kits sell better? No stupid gimmicks or black wiggly lines etc

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant believe that a company - who we have just announced we are working with - has publicly said that Newcastle are their flagship club!? That may be true - but for one of the owners to say it?!
I thought that. I really couldn't care less, but many fans - and Fosun - will.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Castore adverts keep popping up on my zfB page. Their archive sale has nearly 60% off. The comments below aren’t at all complimentary. Apparently their quality have dipped significantly as they’ve grown. Biggest complaint is letters/logos coming off in the wash.

I don't know who make our retro shirts, but I bought 4 different ones last year and they were all much better quality than our adidas ones.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I don't know who make our retro shirts, but I bought 4 different ones last year and they were all much better quality than our adidas ones.
Scoredraw isn't it? I've had the 1976 one for years and it's still in good nick. I do like them though I do get slightly annoyed that the white Tatung shirt is wrong. The original never had stripes on the back but the one sold in the shop now does. They also have the year wrong as it was launched in 83 a year after the home pinstripe yet for years they've called it the away 82 shirt.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those with access to The Athletic, it's well worth reading the comments under the article. 99% are very negative about Castore and their owners, who appear to be experts at gilding the lilly. Apparently everything is outsourced (design and manufacturing etc.) so Castore are more of a marketing company than a sports manufacturer. Problems with quality and distribution not just 'teething problems' and also called a bunch of cowboys.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

It is exactly as you say...they are just marketing companies, but all main clothing comanies are. They all want to become Adidas or Nike, no matter what they say.

How do you make a clothing company from nothing? You need a gimmick, you need quality initial products, you need marketing power, you need to trade on "exclusivity".
The plan is then to license widely, trade off the name, drop the quality, cut the costs and increase the profits through mass sales.
When the name fades, you've sold your shares and are onto something else just leaving the name behind.

I got some really good Under Armour stuff about 7/8 years ago...I still wear it and it's going strong, great material and very tough.
Last time i went in an Under Armour shop i walked out, they sold every product under the sun and a lot of it was cheap tat.

The best example i can think of is the largely unknown Cult Clothing Company in Stephenson St in Brum, i used to buy lots from there because it was undervalued and I walked past it every night on the way back to the train station. Some really good clothes, but they had no fashion name in a world becoming dominated by people chasing designer labels, so they had no future as a company with only a few shops.
Change the company into SuperDry, invent a gimmick with some fake Japanese text and some brilliant early products and they can pull in nearly a billion a year from around the world, but then they saturated the market with copycat junk of every colour, got their sizings wrong and ran into trouble from overexposure. Maybe they will pull it back again, who knows.

Look at the really big companies and the guff they sell these days. Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Boss of many colours, various levels of Armani aimed at people who can't afford the quality stuff but want the name.....stick a label on a £3 T shirt and say it's worth £30.
People are very vain, but they'll throw money at these things.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Cant believe that a company - who we have just announced we are working with - has publicly said that Newcastle are their flagship club!? That may be true - but for one of the owners to say it?!
Running before they can walk? Adidas have no problem with the whole world knowing they have 5 or 6 elite clubs - Real, Man U etc.
To be fair from the model we use ( the in house manufacturing for replicas ) it's obvious Newcastle and Rangers are higher up the list than us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member LP 3925

My teenage son is so impressed with the look of the training top that he has just spent 5 week’s of pocket money on one. He doesn’t even support Wolves!
I hope he’s not disappointed- it’s taken me years inching him away from bloody Spurs to Wolves and Trincao has been his favourite player on FIFA so he is mightily impressed- don’t screw this up Castore!

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My feelings with the deals between Us and Castore, and Newcastle and Castore is that Castore are using Newcastle as a platform to show what they can do and achieve, yet we're using Castore as a sort of sponsor where we go on to manufacture most items and make more money from it.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Running before they can walk? Adidas have no problem with the whole world knowing they have 5 or 6 elite clubs - Real, Man U etc.
To be fair from the model we use ( the in house manufacturing for replicas ) it's obvious Newcastle and Rangers are higher up the list than us.
As long as the pro version is the same quality as the other teams' pro offerings I'm happy. Quality for those who can afford it, cheap tat for everyone else. The issue I have is when the only offering is cheap tat.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so, any idea when the kit's being launched? for some reason i seem to think july 15th

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
AB18D866-9F8A-41C7-A194-A859EBC6A0BA.jpeg
Found this on Twitter. Not sure if this has been posted anywhere… looks very cheap! Albeit it’s probably a rip off anyways…

BelmontWolf

Reaction score

Yep, a copy. But with the manufacturing process over in Asia, you can bet that the home and away shirts have already been produced, and these have been seen by the fakers.

Wouldn't surprise me if this fake is basically 99% correct to the real thing as the tweeter says. Not only that, but the leaked photo from a couple of weeks ago had the "one pack" insignia with the wolves and castore logos on the inside collar, the same as the training kit.

If this is the away kit, I've done a complete 180. With those triangles it looks like a cheap championship shirt from the late 00's. Such high hopes as well....

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My teenage son is so impressed with the look of the training top that he has just spent 5 week’s of pocket money on one. He doesn’t even support Wolves!
I hope he’s not disappointed- it’s taken me years inching him away from bloody Spurs to Wolves and Trincao has been his favourite player on FIFA so he is mightily impressed- don’t screw this up Castore!
If Nuno has Spurs playing like Wolves last season, then he'll probably be a season ticket holder by Christmas.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks SO cheap. Let’s hope it’s a particularly bad copy.

Again, what the **** are those patches on the shoulders? Why do our design team so consistently (2018/19 aside) seem to struggle to get a simple design agreed over the years.

That really is a **** kit in my opinion. No way I’m paying for that.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

You gave your son a choice in who to support?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Isn’t the Megastore due to reopen tomorrow or Friday?

westside wolf

Reaction score
Fwiw I think all the training gear looks really classy on all the videos and photos so far. Hopefully the shirts will too.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fwiw I think all the training gear looks really classy on all the videos and photos so far. Hopefully the shirts will too.

Training gear does look promising, which is why it’s frustrating the leaked kits look such junk.

I’m hoping it’s just bad lighting and shoddy replicas making the leaked kits seem so poor.

Actually, I’m rather hoping these kits are nothing like the actual kits we’ll see released.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t the Megastore due to reopen tomorrow or Friday?
Certainly hope it’s one of them would like to be nipping in the club shop whilst making a fleeting visit to Wolvo on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom