Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cassidy on loan to Tranmere

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see our website is now reporting this move. Signed until January. Good opportunity for the lad to establish himself and to develop his career. Best of luck young man. It would be wonderful if you could come back and establish yourself in the first team, but at the moment I can't see that happen.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for him. Same should apply to forde, Gorman, zeli and mclinden

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gorman is in the last year of his deal so it's a big time for him. He'll fit in with Stale well

S

SimplyTheWolves

The more we ship out on loan the better it's going to be for those that need the experience. With a bit of luck come January Stale will have some youngsters with experience that can if needed be called upon.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for Cassidy. I hope he continues where he left off there and bangs the goals in.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think Cassidy does have the potential to be a good striker hopefully he can furfill

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for him. Same should apply to forde, Gorman, zeli and mclinden

The new U21 league will be fine for them this year, maybe next year imo.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I've seen of them, Gorman is a better player than Forde at the moment.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not ready for us. Yet

A handful though, big lad. Needs games to develop

Last edited by a moderator:
L

long ball man

Good opportunity for the lad to begin asuccession of loans ending up at Willenhall or Worcester City c. 2018. Cynical, moi?

Another example of a young player potentially rotting whilst young players (okay foreign now as opposed to British/Irish) are signed to form a log jam in front of them.

A Tranmere fan tells me that this guy is the best player they have had on loan in terms of impact since Joe Hart. Quite a statement.

C

cooper_J

Good opportunity for the lad to begin asuccession of loans ending up at Willenhall or Worcester City c. 2018. Cynical, moi?

Another example of a young player potentially rotting whilst young players (okay foreign now as opposed to British/Irish) are signed to form a log jam in front of them.

A Tranmere fan tells me that this guy is the best player they have had on loan in terms of impact since Joe Hart. Quite a statement.

But if he's not going to get into the team now, what else do we do?

POE Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Much the same was said about Davis when he was on loan at Chesterfield. Both he and Forde played against Derby, but don't think many want them in their first 11. And Forde even got booed by some fans..... So we are complaining when we don't give our youngsters a chance, at the same time we are complaining that we are playing them in the first team.... I rather loan them out than see the crowd destroy their confidence when playing for Wolves.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Considering some of the comments surrounding Forde & Davis (mainly at the game re DD) the kid isn't ready from what I've heard. And unless he's an unreal talent such as a Lescott, Keane or we have a stupid amount of injuries then its better for him to be out on loan learning his trade.

It didn't hurt Beckham when he was loaned to Preston, same with Cleverly or Wellbeck.

Plus I'm not sure I want to see a 19 year old lad chucked into the first team and when he has a couple of bad games (like he will as youngsters will struggle to find that consistency to begin with) hear the crowd moan, boo and berate the youngster which has happened to players in the past; i.e. Naylor, Andrews, Keogh, Proudlock, Clarke (yes I know the latter was a pillock but still).

Loan move at this stage is right for him.

W

Woffles

You're cynicism comes from 5 years of seeing Mick's approach - it's unfair to assume that Stale will do the same.

Stale has to build a squad to try and get us promoted while some of the big names are jumping ship - he has no option but to bring some quality players in now.

You'll need to give him a couple of years at least to see if he's able/willing to spot and bring through players that can have a future with us in the top 2 divisions.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really? I'm from the Wirral, have a lot of friends who hold season tickets and I went the game last night too to check him out.

He isn't at all. He's good and a handful but he certainly hasn't been their best loan player since Hart!

M

Mugwump

Really? I'm from the Wirral, have a lot of friends who hold season tickets and I went the game last night too to check him out.

He isn't at all. He's good and a handful but he certainly hasn't been their best loan player since Hart!

Who has been better?

M

Mugwump

I don't think tranmere fans are that knowledgeable really. They thought Matt Murray was rubbish :D

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much the same was said about Davis when he was on loan at Chesterfield. Both he and Forde played against Derby, but don't think many want them in their first 11. And Forde even got booed by some fans..... So we are complaining when we don't give our youngsters a chance, at the same time we are complaining that we are playing them in the first team.... I rather loan them out than see the crowd destroy their confidence when playing for Wolves.

S

she wolf

As I'v said before! we have seen him play plenty in the reserves and he's never impressed us and hardly ever scored or assisted to my memory , however I would imagine some teams just suit an individuals style of play and if he's doing well at Tranmere then that may be the reason, also the experience of any 1st team football is invaluable to any young Pro and if he comes back to us a better player then that's great.

L

long ball man

Its only one division below us. This lad scores goals.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those his first goals of the season ? fair play to the lad

D

Deleted member 3751

Hat trick now. Seems to know where the net is.

L

long ball man

hat-trick now. This lad could be another one from lower divisions who flatters to deceive a la Jermaine Beckford. He could be one of those guys who never looks like a footballer but scores goals. As his parent club I think we should be the ones who find out.

Get him back in Jan and put him on our bench.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed he's bagged a hat-trick, well done to the lad. He obviously has potential, that's 3 in 4 during this loan and 5 in 10 in his last loan at Tranmere. Will be interesting to see if he gets a shot here if he keeps impressing.

Back
Top Bottom