Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cardiff / Russell Slade

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but I think Cardiff have made a good appointment here, and he deserves a chance at a higher level. He did a great job for Orient last year, although obviously failed at the final hurdle - but he def turned a pigs ear into a sow's purse, and I think did a good job overall...

Incidentally, did anyone see Vincent Tan's comments!!?? What an $$$$...

"After all, Cardiff gave a chance to a mediocre manager from Watford [Mackay] and he took the Club to the Premier League.

"I did, however, give him a lot of money to spend for that - in fact, too much money."

:dong::rolleyes::vollkommenauf::stupido3::mad:

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thats because Mackays a complete and utter dick. Great comments from Tan, hilarious.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He's brilliant...in a Bond-villain type of way.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's completely unproven at this level. I think Cardiff will struggle and thus this is another club we can tick off the 'will reach pos' box. Already about 6 or 7 in this group now which is great for us.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like Saunders picked Donny and Wrexham off the ground and was supposed to bring 'enthusiasm' to Wolves. I can see this one being similar, the manager being out of his depth at this level and the whole episode ending in tears

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Seems like a decent manager, had Orient playing some excellent football on a pretty tight budget last season. But it just doesn't leap out to me as a good fit. He seemed to struggle this season at Orient with the increased budget, increased pressure and increased expectation, and I'd imagine Cardiff will be pretty similar.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Armitage reject hello hello

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give the man a chance, some here are only too willing to talk people down. Slade is at worst an interesting appointment. Time will tell whether or not he is up to the job. The appointment of a new manager is always a gamble. Furthermore I don't think it is unusual for a team/club to struggle a season after they do well. Where a club show loyalty to a manager in such circumstances, Season 3 can see them win the division or gain promotion.

F

FLEET WOLF

I genuinely believe that no half decent manager has got a chance at Cardiff with that prat of an owner, let alone anyone who isn't very good (Slade falls into the former category, probably). I bet he is gone by this time next year, at the latest!

Back
Top Bottom