Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bury FC

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Football Association have confirmed that the name Bury Football Club can once again be used in competition, and a squad for the unified two clubs is ready to start the 2023/24 season in the North West Counties Football League Premier Division with football officially back at Gigg Lane.

This is great news for all at Bury and is a testament to the hard work of those people who refused to allow the club to die. I wish them all the best as they start on the long road back.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sounded like a good outcome in the end, albeit they are starting again low down. Club set up with a new constitution that guarantees fans have the final say. Merges the newly formed Bury AFC and the old club. More needs to be done to prevent these situations happening in the first place.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. I still remember Sky Sports' vile countdown clock towards their demise.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Football Association have confirmed that the name Bury Football Club can once again be used in competition, and a squad for the unified two clubs is ready to start the 2023/24 season in the North West Counties Football League Premier Division with football officially back at Gigg Lane.

This is great news for all at Bury and is a testament to the hard work of those people who refused to allow the club to die. I wish them all the best as they start on the long road back.
Good for them! How far down the structure is the league they are in?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news indeed.
Good luck to them!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Ramsbottom was your local team when you lived here.

I might make the effort to go to Gigg Lane but actually acre bottom is more appealing!
Ramsbottom cricket team was more my cup of tea! Back in the day in the Lancashire League, you could watch players like Viv Richards and Clive Lloyd a couple of hundred yards from where we lived.

Shuttlewolf

Reaction score
Ramsbottom cricket team was more my cup of tea! Back in the day in the Lancashire League, you could watch players like Viv Richards and Clive Lloyd a couple of hundred yards from where we lived.
Yes, a great watch, when I moved here another West Indies batsman was the pro, Keith Arthurton but like you I saw many fine test players across the Lancashire league.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
James Anderson started his career in the Lancashire league, and he’s not done too badly.. :)

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, back in Sept 1998, Bully's last goal, number 306 was v Bury in a 1-0 home win.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a bit of luck they can be back in Division 2 in 2035.

Back
Top Bottom