Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burton Verdict

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
verdict here please chaps/es's

Fabulous win and at times unplayable!

Currently in the pub but will post when lead inebriated

D

Deleted member 5635

Like a training game.
Forwards very fluid and took there chances.
Midfield passing and movement was good.
Defence and keeper untroubled.

Burton were poor but we could of made them look poor depending how you look at it.

4th goal was a good team goal.

7/8s all round as everyone played well but burton were not the best, happy overall though.

Bring on villa.

B

Boswell

Incredibly good performance today, just what we needed

Just out of interest, do people think we should continue using Jota, Costa and caveleiro as a fluid, faster front 3 or do people think we should still start most games with Bonatini up top?

D

Deleted member 5276

Happy with the points and the display. Thought we could have stepped it up second half and won by more but can't really grumble with the 4-0 result.

This has been a fixture we have struggled with in the past but there was an obvious gulf in quality between us and Burton today. Passed the ball well and the movement was very good at times.

My only concern is when we play more physical teams we need to find a plan B and C. Burton have been physical in the past, but we were just quicker in thought and speed to execute.

If I'm being critical of any of our players it would be Jota today. Careless at times in the second half and he looked as if he thought it was too easy. Otherwise, good solid performance and we did what was necessary. Thought Doherty and Vinagere were excellent and Neves showed his class with some excellent touches and passes.

Job done. We move on.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the game Wednesday, and nearly skipped today, not wanting to tempt fate. So glad I didn’t! Now that is the way to respond to a defeat.

As for the game, I didn’t think Burton were that bad, they just weren’t in the same league as us today. They tried, but rarely looked like doing anything apart from a 15 min spell before our third goal. Ruddy did his job well in that period, and the defence did their job well the rest of the game. Four goals away, from four different players, is nothing to sneeze at. If it had been 6 or 7 it would have been equally deserved, such was the dominance and opportunities. We simply passed the ball around them for large parts of the game, then picked an opening to push forward. Sublime at times.

Finally, full marks for our fans again. From start to end, on WolvesTV, all you could hear was our chants. It was like a home game, such was the noise. Superb. UTW

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Just out of interest, do people think we should continue using Jota, Costa and caveleiro as a fluid, faster front 3 or do people think we should still start most games with Bonatini up top?

I said on the team selection thread that I thought the fluid front three was the way to go against Burton.

As a general rule though, I think I'd still include Leo. At the moment, I think the strongest three is Cavaleiro, Leo and Jota. Crazy really.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who went/listened I'd love an in depth report on how Costa looked after his lay off.

Obviously never going to play the 90 but hope he did well.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Either or, Horses for courses bottom line is A) or B), we can.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lovely result.... bloody happy tonight and Watford getting a late equaliser against the **** and blouse losing 6-1 has made this into a damn good saturday.

Big question is how do channel 5 fit that into the 30 seconds slot they’ll give us?

Incredible though and lovely to see that come back after sheffield

We were never in danger at any point today, as its already been commented it was much like a training match. Their only real danger man was Allen, their number four who looked quite useful at times, but even still, Ruddy made one save if my memory serves and that was most definitely a camera save.

I don't believe we really got going today, despite the 4-0 result. But to be fair to them, we didn't need to. A very, very solid victory and the perfect way to bounce back from the Sheffield United game.

Ruddy - Didn't really have much to do, could probably come out for more corners, mind. Solid. 6

Vinagre - What a talent we have on our hands, I'd pay the money for him now, this kid is destined for the very top. 8
Bennett - Hard to judge as didn't have a great deal to do, distribution was good. 6
Batth - See Bennett. 6
Miranda - See Bennett and Batth. 6
Doherty - I'm not a massive fan of Doherty but thought, much like Vinagre he was ace today, so well suited to the RWB role. 8

Saiss - One of my favourite Wolves players at the moment, he's just a menace. Doesn't half make some noise when he goes down as well, you'd think he'd been shot. In the right place at the right time for the goal. 7
Neves - Normal service resumed by all accounts, lightyears ahead of anyone we've had in the last few years in the centre of the park. 7

Costa - So happy to see him back. Was a nuisance for the time he was on the pitch. 7
Cavaleiro - Motm for me. He was everywhere and his set pieces are going into the right areas as well. 9
Jota - He's mustard. Took his goal very well and you can tell, like Neves that he is cut from a completely different cloth than what we are used to. 8

Very sensible substitutions from Nuno. Price is criminally underrated and while he's not good enough to break into the first XI, he's a joy to watch, he's like a pitbull, constantly snapping at heels. Ronan needs more time on the pitch, done the little things well and hit one very good ball out to the left hand side. Bonatini is really growing on me, I thought when he came on that he doesn't strike me as a particularly good player to bring off the bench, but then he bags.

Great way to go into the International break, more of the same come October.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vinegar strokes was th MoM for me! Top player!

D

Deleted member 3573J

Vinagre finished with the composure of a seasoned striker, the cheeky chappy shaped to shoot across the keeper into far post then just slotted it in at the near, majestic.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

What a win.

Don't know why, but I was really nervous today. Was boosted by Brayford and Turner missing, but still expected a big struggle.

Neves was brilliant (among others) and the 3rd and 4th goals were superb.

Come on!!!

B

Benson

A very nice win,
some great goals,
we had some fun,
first goals for Vinagre and Saiss,
squad used,
a confidence boost,

but to be honest.. this was not a competetive Championship game. Burton played some decent football but were toothless up front and awful at the back. Today their standard was League Two class.. at best.

After that perfect start, we really did not have to use all our gears. It was a walk in the park. Exactly what we needed.

Based on the awful opponent, I give a 7 to all the players.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very nice win,
some great goals,
we had some fun,
first goals for Vinagre and Saiss,
squad used,
a confidence boost,

but to be honest.. this was not a competetive Championship game. Burton played some decent football but were toothless up front and awful at the back. Today their standard was League Two class.. at best.

After that perfect start, we really did not have to use all our gears. It was a walk in the park. Exactly what we needed.

Based on the awful opponent, I give a 7 to all the players.
And you're usually so positive too....

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really can’t remember us winning so many away games in in the early part of the season.
It’s all looking very encouraging.

Long may the media keep ignoring us.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Depends on the opposition, but great to have the different options!!

Back
Top Bottom