Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley Verdict

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played well and Wolves are a good team but let’s be honest, we’re not a CL quality team yet. Top teams don’t concede likevthat and invite pressure into themselves like that and would have put the game to bed by then.

We are getting better though and these are exciting times. Don’t let one or two results sour a good season: in the league we finish where we deserve.

We still have EL remember . . .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't disagree but Wolves play with fire every week with a bare minimum lead. It's not sustainable long term to score one goal and hope ****ty refs or decisions don't screw you.

I like today's lineup and hope we see more of it, and hopefully they click better. We need more goals, simple as that.

*******s. Did you actually watch our last game? You talk about Utd scoring for fun, but what was their last result? Which team has now taken the record for the number of penalties won in a season? If that were Utd playing Burnley tonight, then either no penalty given by Dean, or VAR would have ruled that penalty out.

In the PL we have to play against the bias towards the established top six. In Europe we have to play against the bias against English teams. It’s not impossible for us to succeed in both, but we always need to be a level above our opposition, because if it’s even, the cards are stacked against us home and in Europe.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just so ****ed off now knowing we will need something away to Chelsea for Europa. **** it, was hoping that game was a long shot for Champions League.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times are we gonna watch us throw away leads like that. Sheff u, burnley, watford fa cup. What do you not do against those teams, sit back and let them pump the ball in the box. What do we do.
We did not throw away the lead. The cheats running football saw to that.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because another person has a different view to you then they are talking rubbish. That is really constructive, and frankly rubbish.
Its a forum I can say what I like just like you can, if I think a statement is rubbish I will say so. If someone thinks I'm talking ****e then they are entitled to say so too. What's the problem?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times are we gonna watch us throw away leads like that. Sheff u, burnley, watford fa cup. What do you not do against those teams, sit back and let them pump the ball in the box. What do we do.
Literally 3 times compared to how many wins?

Roswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If we can’t score more than one from all of the possession in and around their box, it’s always on the cards. Yet again, robbed at the end. **** decision and had that been Leicester they’d have over-ruled and probably blown the final whistle.

We ain’t had any VAR luck this season. Woods is gonna kick Doc in the face and that’s handball?

**** the **** off.
Anywhere else on the pitch and that would be a foul for dangerous kicking - I'ts getting beyond a joke now.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You want me to relax when cheats have taken over the game!

Maybe I am numb, it has been quite normalised that the league's **** refs do us frequently, but I still think Wolves made tactical blunders to lead up to that call.

Bullocks. Did you actually watch our last game? You talk about Utd scoring for fun, but what was their last result? Which team has now taken the record for the number of penalties won in a season? If that were Utd playing Burnley tonight, then either no penalty given by Dean, or VAR would have ruled that penalty out.

In the PL we have to play against the bias towards the established top six. In Europe we have to play against the bias against English teams. It’s not impossible for us to succeed in both, but we always need to be a level above our opposition, because if it’s even, the cards are stacked against us home and in Europe.

So then why are we even watching this? If that's the case, then these matches are absolutely pointless. It is entirely out of our control.

You know what's in our control? Late match substitutions, tactical mistakes and players like Saiss giving the ball away constantly

D

Deleted member 5635

I don’t mind losing/drawing if we have played well, but I get ****ing ****ed off when a cheating bias corrupt ref and the **** weasels at stockly Park are a ****ing disgrace.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a **** undeserved pen, but I dunno why we sat back those last 5mins and completely gave up all control of the game. Burnley should have scored just before then too, due to the same problem.

Last edited:

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I am numb, it has been quite normalised that the league's **** refs do us frequently, but I still think Wolves made tactical blunders to lead up to that call.

So then why are we even watching this? If that's the case, then these matches are absolutely pointless. It is entirely out of our control.

You know what's in our control? Late match substitutions, tactical mistakes and players like Saiss giving the ball away constantly
VAR was supposed to help refs make the right decision. Ha ha ****ing ha. It's clearly designed and implemented to retain the status quo! Cheating ****ing premier league ****s!

Focke Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I thought that was a superb performancec against a team really i nform andnotroriously brutal at home, nothing we can do about **** refs.
I agree Nick, i thought that overall we were the better team and deserved to win. But for me it changed when Jiminez was subbed and we started playing more defensively and inviting them onto us, which of course they graciously accepted. A wolf can't bite without its teeth. I always worry when we slow the game down and sink deeper into our own half.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR... Mike Dean.. Handball....

The top and bottom of it is Burnley were only going to score one way tonight, lumping it into the box. Going into the final five we gave them chance after chance to keep on doing so. Jonny the plank headed it straight back to there winger who crossed for Wood to miss a sitter when Traore was five yards Infront of him, was that not the ultimate wakeup.

We gave it away tonight boys and girls. This was on us. Lets not play the blame game.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR was supposed to help refs make the right decision. Ha ha ****ing ha. It's clearly designed and implemented to retain the status quo! Cheating ****ing premier league ****s!

Yep, like FFP.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bullocks. Did you actually watch our last game? You talk about Utd scoring for fun, but what was their last result? Which team has now taken the record for the number of penalties won in a season? If that were Utd playing Burnley tonight, then either no penalty given by Dean, or VAR would have ruled that penalty out.

Bias may or may not be there but thE point is 2 up
And it is irrelevant. Look we were better and it expletive hurts but thEre are positives from that performance. No team should roll over and die so no blame on Burnley, or Nuno of the team.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you see it from the goal his boot is not as near his head as it looks their
It's not, but you go in like that and see the boot coming out of the corner of your eye and your arms will go up to protect your face. Nothing deliberate, intentional, nor unnatural about where Doherty's arms were, so it shouldn't have been a penalty

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sean Dyche has anything about him, he will call that decision out for what it is. A blatant act of cheating to help Man U and Chelsea. It's time the rest of the clubs outside the top 6 showed some solidarity on this. We are all getting screwed by this.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few observations:

1. Dion Dublin is a terrible co-commentator. I’ll come clean, Homes Under The Hammer is a guilty pleasure of mine, but he should stick to commenting on maisonette’s in Burnley going to auction rather than a football match between two strong PL teams taking place there.

2. As with Neto against WHU Raul deserved a crowd to be there for that hit. Wow, “Worthy to win any game“ as Robbie Keane summed it up.

3. That was almost the near perfect away performance in my view (this may not be a popular opinion). Burnley are a good team, fairly agricultural in play, but very effective and limited us quite well. I rate Dyche very highly, chalk and cheese vs. Nuno, but he’s doing a cracking job.

4. Rui Patricio has the deepest voice I’ve ever heard. No wonder his beard is so magnificent.

5. That’s CL football gone because of one of the most insane penalty calls I’ve ever seen. Only Wolves can get that decision given against them in the 95th minute to kill off our CL hopes and dreams.

6. VAR have set quite the precedent there. For future reference all players must sacrifice their chin being removed from their face when another player attempts a dangerous high kick anywhere on the pitch. I actually rate Mike Dean as the best ref in the PL behind Oliver, but he’s got that very wrong indeed

7. Chris Wood takes a sublime penalty under immense pressure having missed such an embarrassing chance moments before. Huge set of ****s on him he must have.

8. Frustratingly I now feel as flat as I did after Sheffield United last week, and I shouldn’t.

9. I knew Saints’ late equalizer last night was too good to be true. If Dean wasn’t such a high profile Tranmere fan I’d be sure he was a Manc after that decision.

10. To end on a high, **** me what a great time to be a Wolves fan. Cursing a comical decision that’s cost us CL qualification rather than costing us PL safety - as disappointing as that is, the pitch invasion at home to Burnley after dropping points that more or less relegated us to L1 as recently as 2013 felt much worse!
Great post

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with the thrust of that in terms of not giving them the chance to punt the ball into the box late on, and yes we got lucky moments before when Wood should have scored, but, that penalty was not a fair decision. If the rules had been fairly applied this season, then we would have a lot more points, and Utd would have a lot less goals and points. It’s that simple.

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
I was annoyed when we went to 352, we were in control and keeping them at arms length but we invited pressure which was always going to lead to trouble.

BUT... to have our CL hopes ended by such a terrible terrible decision is sickening. What’s the point in having pitch side monitors if the ref isn’t using them? They’re the only ones who can look at a subjective decision. The VAR ref will always stick up for his mate.

It was brought in to stop injustice and the effects they have on a game/season but it’s just made things worse.

**** VAR and **** football.

I disagree mate, in my opinion VAR was brought in to make it easier to manipulate the outcome of football matches!

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn’t do enough and got what we deserved IMO.

Totally gutted. Again.
Absolutely.
Faffed about, tried to be too clever, A touch of brilliance from Traore and Raul again saved the obvious embarrassment because this was Sheffield Utd all over again.

D

Deleted member 5910

Nuno cannot be faulted for his starting XI. I criticised him harshly for his negativity against Sheffield but it was all guns blazing in a game we had to win to keep our Champions League hopes alive. Fair play to the gaffer.

We really were much the better side, but the decision making among our attackers was poor at times. Burnley are just a grotty, horrible club to play against and I can't imagine many of their players are particularly pleased to play for Dyche. We score, deservedly through pure technique that the Burnley strikers could only dream of executing.

And then, we bottled it. Again, I don't blame Nuno, going more defensive made sense, but we had a ball put into the danger area and it was badly defended (thankfully, they missed a sitter). So, we let exactly the same ball to come in seconds later. I appreciate the passion on the comms, but it's a penalty all day long. Doherty leads with his arm and it hits his arm. You can argue the striker's foot is high, but he's attempting the spectacular and that should be encouraged in the game. Doc has to be braver- imagine if it was at the other end with Jimenez going for the overhead and it hits Tarkowski's arm, we'd all be screaming for the decision.

That's your lot for the Champions League, and with Spuds winning and Sheffield still to play, it's going to be all hands on deck to finish in a Europa League spot. Palace is a must win game now, but we can do it.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to have the will ton carry on with football after this season. Maybe Fifa will sort this mess out but I don't believe they will.

It's absolutely rigged.

Sky six club get a free kick there every time.

Lobo de Madrid

Groupie
Reaction score
3 pts thrown away in 1 minute (30 secs tonight and 30 secs Sheff Utd), and quite likely, our EL place.

We have suddenly gone from last-minute destroyers to last-minute bitches.

Ref could have called Wood's attempt dangerous play, but probably Karma for when he should have scored.

Absolutely fuming.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Difficult one to take that,

wolves did ok against a ****house team who play awful football Hit and hope

pen is an awful decision, but positive football today, bit to fancy in some places where simple would be better

3 points against palace needed then onto Chelsea, who wolves can beat

6th 7th likely now but hopefully European football again if we improve next season like we have this, champions league music isn’t far off at molineux who would have thought

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Gets to the point when you think what’s the point? Yes we shouldn’t of invited the pressure onto ourselves but come on how is that given as a penalty? Are we the only team in the league not to have a goal or decision by the opposition overruled by var?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Literally 3 times compared to how many wins?
Weve won 1-0 twice this season. West ham and villa. Both werent long ball teams who were pumping it in the box. We sit back, we concede. Why do you think there is all these graphics of wolves winning points from losing positions? We dont just keep the ball. Its so obvious. What do burnley want, they want chaos in the box. We gave it to them.

Back
Top Bottom