Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley Verdict

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because quite simply we should have clear our lines and not have to worry about a potential penalty. We gave a side who play there game off crosses chance after chance to do so. We kept giving away soft free kicks too. We was utter incompetent and naive in that last 5mins. Just see the ****ing game out.

Also, the letter of the law is it hits a defenders hand in the penalty area then it is a penalty.

I am hurting just as you pal but put the shoe on the other foot we would be screaming a pen. I know it, you know it.
We may have been screaming for it but do you think it would have been given in our favour? And would VAR have overturned?

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not buying the self defence argument, no where near him.
Don’t think it’s a pen but if we’d not been so negative in our subs it’s not an issue.
Dominated the game and forced next to no saves from Pope.

Of course it's self defence. Why on earth would you jump like your arm like that otherwise?

It is near him, Matt didn't have time to measure it, from his point of view all he could see is a Kiwi size eleven coming at him.

We've been robbed tonight.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
Dropped off last 10 mins, Burnley were dog**** waiting to load the box and we gave them 2 late chances which was poor.
Feel cheated and robbed
That late goal could end our league season now
Joke refs
Joke var
Joke league
Joke ffp
What's the point

yeah the game was won .. deffo cheated

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 pts thrown away in 1 minute (30 secs tonight and 30 secs Sheff Utd), and quite likely, our EL place.

We have suddenly gone from last-minute destroyers to last-minute bitches.

Ref could have called Wood's attempt dangerous play, but probably Karma for when he should have scored.

Absolutely fuming.
Are you serious. You should not be rewarded for ****ty misses. You are meant to rue missed chance, not be handed a second chance on a plate by a BENT REF AND ESTABLISHMENT! **** me - some posters on here are on the wind-up, stupid or really not Wolves fans.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respect that however...Stoke were awful to watch and so are Burnley. I like Sean Dyche I think he sets his teams out well but that doesn't mean I like the way his team play.
What's he supposed to do then? Tell Ben Mee to just dribble his way up to Jay Rodriguez who plays a 1-2 with Vydra who scores a worldie? They're plodders, amd they're good at it. I've a lot of respect for Dyche, he's worked miracles at Burnley.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it's self defence. Why on earth would you jump like your arm like that otherwise?

It is near him, Matt didn't have time to measure it, from his point of view all he could see is a Kiwi size eleven coming at him.

We've been robbed tonight.
I’ll get hammered but be braver? Agree it’s a **** decision but if the ball hits your arm youre asking a question these days.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most exciting game we've played against Burnley. Wasteful with the chances we had. lovely build up play, threatening passes, great runs. Thoroughly enjoyable up to 92 minutes, if a little frustrating to be only 1 up. No complaints on the revolutionary change around in the wingbacks with Vinagre and Adama. Jota and Jimenez frustrating at times.

Unravelled in the last few mins. Wood missed an open goal. Gobstruck with the ridiculous award of a penalty. The handball rule is ridiculous and once again is being enforced, just like the offside rule was earlier in the season with glee by referees and VAR.

We have ourselves to blame for not killing the game off and inviting the pressure so late.
I still think we'll get 6th but need to be flawless against Crystal Palace and Chelsea.

With Chelsea and Man Utd and 4th place aspirations gone I am nervously looking ahead at Leicester and over our shoulder at Sheff Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Burnley.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's he supposed to do then? Tell Ben Mee to just dribble his way up to Jay Rodriguez who plays a 1-2 with Vydra who scores a worldie? They're plodders, amd they're good at it. I've a lot of respect for Dyche, he's worked miracles at Burnley.
He has and I'm not disputing that, however i don't like their style of football. My opinion.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should see the game out better, simple as. They literally missed an open goal from 4 yards out. That’s twice in a week we’ve failed to deal with balls in the box in injury time. The penalty isn’t a penalty IMO but we have to see the game out better.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
also very frustrating were jota and podence in the first half. they wouldn't pass the ball to save their lives.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
They lump it up and as defenders you have to be strong and composed to deal with it and I felt they struggled
Also my earlier point why with two minutes to go are we putting ourselves in a situation where they can hoof it in the first place? I agree by the way that it isn’t a penalty but have to also take into account that maybe we aren’t faultless in this

when any team lump it up , its luck where it lands , its got nothing to do with the players still , that's how burnley always play

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll get hammered but be braver? Agree it’s a **** decision but if the ball hits your arm youre asking a question these days.

Maybe. You are right, but it's definitely forgivable.

Plus, Silva for manchester city tonight had the ball strike his hand when he was protecting his face from the ball, THE ****ING BALL, and no penalty was given.

This was the same Premier League perverts in the same Premier League pervert shed on the same night reviewing games, and protecting your face from the ball is waved away, but from a studded boot is a foul.

At best they are just **** at their jobs, but there has been a clear pattern this season.

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
I get that many here are emotional- I am too, it sucks ass and that's probably it for 4th place. But in these situations, you must aways ask yourself how you would feel if it happened at the other end. If Jimenez went up for a bicycle kick in the 96th minute in a game where we needed a result, and Tarkowski led with his arm and it hit his arm, when the kick would have missed his head by at least a foot- how would you feel it should go?

Ec_iZvaXkAEgBYz
As he'd missed the ball and it was going out for a goal kick I probably wouldn't be too upset to be honest, no other Burnley player near it to capitalise either, it's a very poor decision.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weve won 1-0 twice this season. West ham and villa. Both werent long ball teams who were pumping it in the box. We sit back, we concede. Why do you think there is all these graphics of wolves winning points from losing positions? We dont just keep the ball. Its so obvious. What do burnley want, they want chaos in the box. We gave it to them.
Every game we win by 1 goal is holding on! Not just 1-0

Gedwolf

Reaction score
Same - Worst feeling since Watford Semi. Wood actually had completely missed the ball but it should have been a foul for dangerous play before the ball hit the arm - it is so clear cut it is sickening to have that go against us and at the time it did. I really thought if we won this we had a reasonable chance of making CL through getting in the top 4. Absolutely gutted.
win our last 4 games and were in CL . With a nice shiny Trophy to boot. KEEP THE FAITH

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to say this but yet again, we had an opportunity to get within a point of CL football and put the pressure on Chelsea and Utd and we fail.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
Saiss has been so poor as of late, especially with giving the ball away

that poor he still gets picked :rolleyes: i don't wanna blame any players tonight as we got cheated by the officials where the headline shoulda been a win and Jiménez 's goal

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Every game we win by 1 goal is holding on! Not just 1-0
They are the only games we have been 1 up. All other games we've won we got more than 1 goal ahead or come back to win. Check the results. Buts it the profile of the teams thats the point. Its obvious. Burnley and sheff u only score one way. Im not a football genius but i can see what the issue is. Dont let teams play to their strengths. Dont sit back, it never works. You can be defensive and keep the ball. Just dont put every man in your own box. This will keep happening.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As good as saiss has been filling in, that cb position is the most obvious upgrade in the summer. To be a top team need a better defensive option there. He's too hotheaded and not football clever enough for CL aspirations

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully I disagree. That’s his hand picked squad of players playing his style of football. He’s been at Burnley long enough to shape a side in his image - which is exactly what he’s done. Every player over 6ft, sit in at home, 9 men behind the ball, hammer long balls forwards and wait for ricochets and defensive lapses. No one can say they deserved anything from this game. He’s just got very lucky with a dubious penalty. How many times has Dyche been whining on MOTD about opposition players going over to easy? Yet tonight that’s all they did with 2 big lumps up front constantly backing in and theatrically going down for free kicks. It’s like a rugby team advancing up the field though penalties. Do you think if Dyche landed a big job he would suddenly start playing a silky brand of football? No chance. He’s big Sam’s apprentice.
Well I have to respond. We have a small squad, a really small squad and we are considered a team going for it. SD has to attract players to Burnley and replacements. Imagine you could play in London or Burnley where do go? Add to that “saving money through profit” SD is limited. As with Bournemouth etc is you are not moving forward you are moving back.
Finally football is about scoring at least one more goal than your opponent ( as we are painfully are aware) this means a strong tactical defensive set up is valid and to be appreciated unless you are a complete highlights goals junkie- which we all might want to be with our front players. Burnley played fair got lucky we pkayed well but never got a cushion; I salute both Nuno and SD but am glad I support Wolves

m d be

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that poor he still gets picked :rolleyes: i don't wanna blame any players tonight as we got cheated by the officials where the headline shoulda been a win and Jiménez 's goal

Are there any defenders Nuno trusts aside from our back three and Donk? I think saiss is fantastic at times especially when he fills in but he's been a weak spot as of late. I like Saiss, I hope he doesn't finish off like this.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are the only games we have been 1 up. All other games we've won we got more than 1 goal ahead or come back to win. Check the results. Buts it the profile of the teams thats the point. Its obvious. Burnley and sheff u only score one way. Im not a football genius but i can see what the issue is. Dont let teams play to their strengths. Dont sit back, it never works. You can be defensive and keep the ball. Just dont put every man in your own box. This will keep happening.
I get your point but when Raul scores the 3rd against Southampton we had over 15 minutes to hold on, Norwich away ten minutes, Bournemouth scores to make it 2-1 with half hour left, etc etc. We’ve played like this so many times we can’t moan about it not working when it’s gained us way more points than lost

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we played well. on the front foot, attacking intent against a team of large defenders (all 10 outfield players are basically the same). and we outplayed them then got robbed by bloody Dean. i am furious

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're building up a head of steam. The confidence is coming back and you can see that in our midfield, you can see it with our passing game and we are creating opportunities. Burnley is the gravel in your shoes when you're out on a run. No doubt about it they are a tough team to break down.

Podence looked good, he's adding something different, more to come. Neto looked good, more to come. Traore at LWB looked good, looked just as good when he moved up when Doc came on. Jota is getting back up there. Raul is adapting to Podence and Neto. Defence looked ok. Solid. A few wary moments.

The penalty. It had to happen didn't it. Written in the stars. I don't feel cheated out of 3 points. VAR and Mike Dean had to call that a penalty regardless of whether you believe Doc was trying to protect his head. It was a penalty because it hit Doc on the arm and moved in another direction. The intent question is a dud. No footballer in their right mind will intentionally handball in their own penalty box unless it's a do or die situation like Suarez against Ghana some years back. No one intentionally uses their hands and a ref has no clue what is going inside a player's head to make a snap determination on intent. So, a penalty should be awarded for handling the ball in the pen area regardless of intent. The only exception to this is if the attacking player deliberately lifted the ball onto the defender's arm. In this case a ref should not call a penalty. Sadly, our situation warranted a penalty. We were the better side. Burnley is a **** team to play against.

Back
Top Bottom