Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bully in Dublin

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I almost started a thread myself. But then I thought I would leave it to you guys. I hear a certain @Wagstaffe Was Magic will be in attendance. Such a shame that someone will be in Georgia on Saturday. Waggy wouldn't be able to sleep with excitement :). Congratulations on such a coup and also on your award. I had no idea. Have a great time and well done. Let us know how it goes and post some pics.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey have just nearly fallen off my chair. Can anyone show up or is it members only and if so can I join at the time? Where is Murray’s by the way?
Have a wander down O'Connell St. You'll find it :)

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey have just nearly fallen off my chair. Can anyone show up or is it members only and if so can I join at the time? Where is Murray’s by the way?
Murray’s is in upper o Connell st. Near the Gresham hotel. Would be delighted to see ya

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow!!!

Hartigans takes me back to student days :)

The last time myself and Danielle were over for the Hurling, we took a stroll down O'Connell St over the bridge then across St. Stephens Green and into Hartigans. Safe to say there was no strolling done on the way back, a taxi was called :). It took me back many years I hadn't been in since the late '70's with my dear old Mom.
Have a great time today and don't forget to let us all know how it went. I so wish I could join you.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
there's more to ireland dan dis
Absolutely. There’s the multitude of great writers, musicians and some gorgeous scenery but like most countries watching sports, a good pub, friends and a brew is great craic.
And Ireland still unbeaten in the Euros and through to the last 8 in the rugby.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. There’s the multitude of great writers, musicians and some gorgeous scenery but like most countries watching sports, a good pub, friends and a brew is great craic.
And Ireland still unbeaten in the Euros and through to the last 8 in the rugby.

Stop getting bond wrong

S

Staten Island Wolf

Brother was an extra in a Brosnan film. Had a pint after. Two swigs for Pierce

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My uncle was from howth. Went years ago to find his grave in the old abbey ruins. Go there every time we are over and always have a few days in howth.
Went to school in Sutton and was friends with tons of people from Howth. As we got older, we did many a pub crawl around Howth, The PierHouse,( great footballer was Tom the owner), the Abbey, etc.:oops:
Maybe your cousins were in my social group.
Knew some of the last to be interred in the old abbey.
It would be interesting to know if your uncle’s surname was R......
PM if you want....totally discreet.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brother was an extra in a Brosnan film. Had a pint after. Two swigs for Pierce
My aunt, who was retired at the time, also was an extra in a film with Broslan. One day, she was in the set canteen and suffered a stroke and it was Broslan who picked her up and set her on a chair. That’s about 15 years ago now.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to school in Sutton and was friends with tons of people from Howth. As we got older, we did many a pub crawl around Howth, The PierHouse,( great footballer was Tom the owner), the Abbey, etc.:oops:
Maybe your cousins were in my social group.
Knew some of the last to be interred in the old abbey.
It would be interesting to know if your uncle’s surname was R......
PM if you want....totally discreet.
His name was Richard o’rouke. His sister Mary and a fair few others of his family still live there.
Do enjoy the abbey and the bloody stream when we are there.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His name was Richard o’rouke. His sister Mary and a fair few others of his family still live there.
Do enjoy the abbey and the bloody stream when we are there.
The name does not ring a bell although I might know some others by Mary having a new surname.
Just made a local call here and was told that Facebook has a site called...
old Howth photos.
Apparently there are some very old pics on there that your family may enjoy. Not on Facebook myself but my wife is....maybe I will take a gander.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The name does not ring a bell although I might know some others by Mary having a new surname.
Just made a local call here and was told that Facebook has a site called...
old Howth photos.
Apparently there are some very old pics on there that your family may enjoy. Not on Facebook myself but my wife is....maybe I will take a gander.
Cheers will take a look later.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Used to fish for mackerel at Howth using spinners as a kid. Good times

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Well done Tony, have seen a few pics on Facebook, great Irish Wolves turn-out for Bully.

R

reanswolf

Cheers Berlin, I ay on facebook so can't view anything.
No worries.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume you mean Pierce Broslan......if that’s the case, I absolutely agree......he’s no Bond. Mind you, some of the others are no better. :cool:

I wanted to watch Roger Moore necking with Fiona Fullerton. And instead, I have to watch a giant Michael Bolton lookalike, in a tight vest, throwing an oven over bales of hay.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully was absolutely fantastic today. In a world where the word legend is thrown about far too easily, this guy truly lives up to the title. Spoke for over an hour and is a natural. Had a great rapport with the audience. And I mean audience. We had over 80 in attendance which is a huge number in a country awash with Man U, Liverpool, etc. Stayed with us until he had to go to catch his flight.

Can't praise the guy enough. Thanks also to Alan Perrins from Wolves for making it all happen.

Back
Top Bottom