Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno or the squad ? Poll .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is because we've told (by Brunos defenders) since match #1 to "give him more time". And every match *is* more time, yet we are not improving. It's that simple. We looked at out best for 20 minutes in the first match against Leeds. And a decent, though totally toothless 25 minutes v Spurs. The rest, it's disjointed, only penalty misses and our woodwork saving us from worse. Chaotic defence. An attack that looks like it doesn't know which direction it should be heading.

But even besides all that, it's the body language of the players. The lack of extra effort (unlike , say Bournemouth, when we played them) turning up and going through the motions as if they've given up on the season already. Signs of complacency, having a bit of an easy time, a feeling they'll grab a few points when we need them and then all move on to bigger clubs in a season or two. (it's the story of the past 2 seasons, after all). Not caring about giving anything back to the supporters.

It just looks like something is very wrong and it is not getting better.
I agree with a lot of that but to say we have a chaotic defence is way off. The defence is far from the issue currently

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't quite understand why the fans anger seems to have intensified after losing to City.

I'm by no means disagreeing with those who want Bruno out. For me, I would give him three more games at least, but I wouldn't care one bit if he was sacked tomorrow.

However, whilst people rightly point to a trend with statistics, it does feel as if the past week or so things have gone really bad and I think that bits harsh.

In answer to the OP, the first few games we were totally unprepared and that's on the board.

In the last four games, we've had a squad but do you expect instant results? In that period we've got 5 points, which is acceptable from the four games when you consider City was one of those. It's not great but it's not that bad.

I'm personally concerned with the performances as we're not playing well but I don't think it's a disaster just yet.

If Bruno was sacked now I think he could have a few fair grumbles. However, the board have given him a very talented squad and if he does get longer then that can't be an excuse. Of course, there are areas to improve, like a third-choice centre-back, but on the whole this is a squad that is WAY better than anyone would've expected.
Same as my thoughts

I don’t think this forum is representative at all

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
International break, and the main target of international breaks before this season (Silva) is in Belgium

But while the Man City game as a result in isolation shouldn't be worthy of getting angry, there were still some bizarre decisions by Lage which will do nothing to improve confidence in him, couple it with the fact we now stand at one win in fourteen, the feeling isn't going to get better

Personally I can't see how anyone can look at the squad we've got and think one win in fourteen is something that happens without something being seriously wrong

This. Absolutely. I do understand all the changes and injuries wev'e had. No way would I expect us be top 8 or anything silly. Or even do anything but lose to Man City. It's that "something is seriously wrong" cloud hanging over us. Villa have been as abysmal as us recently - yet dug in and got a draw with City the week before. We used to be able to do that, but that has gone now. Similar to Leicester, only they've got it even worse, it shows it does happen. We were poor for much of the match as we are for most matches. Lacking in intensity. Problems all over the pitch. And though some individuals are looking OK, there is no team forming. Which hints the problem is what they are being told to do.

Every week for months, hoping this is the week when it changes and all these comments will look stupid. Maybe next week after we hammer the Hammers? Who knows? I wouldn't be foolish enough to be betting on it, though.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno or the squad?

To me, it’s a lack of creativity. Well, that‘s bleedin’ obvious, isn’t it?

The real question is why do we lack goal lust? Have the squad had the ‘stick-to-formation’ drilled into them too much?
That’s the one that keeps Jeff and Bruno etc. awake at night.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
International break, and the main target of international breaks before this season (Silva) is in Belgium

But while the Man City game as a result in isolation shouldn't be worthy of getting angry, there were still some bizarre decisions by Lage which will do nothing to improve confidence in him, couple it with the fact we now stand at one win in fourteen, the feeling isn't going to get better

Personally I can't see how anyone can look at the squad we've got and think one win in fourteen is something that happens without something being seriously wrong

But its not poor old Bruno's fault. We cant possibly judge him until he has a full squad of 25 players of his own choosing to work with.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But its not poor old Bruno's fault. We cant possibly judge him until he has a full squad of 25 players of his own choosing to work with.
And had 3 seasons for the players to settle and for him to get his ideas across.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have watched every Wolves game played (including Pre-season/Europe) in the Premiere under Fosun except one.

Against Sheffield United opening day 2 seasons ago.
A major black-out ruined the record for me.

Any club that does not have a huge multiple of fans that do not go to matches as a ratio of those who do, cannot be a big club.
Manchester United has, every home game, the largest attendance of 75K. But the number of Man U fans globally runs to potentially several (and by several I mean a lot) million.
Same for Real Madrid, Barcelona, the Great Inter and those scum of Juventus and Milan.

I would be shocked if forum members only consisted of game goers.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we need to resurrect this do we?
A forum is a platform for opinions. Anyone has the right to one.
I agree with this. There is a view on here (not held by everyone) that if you don't go to games or even don't live in Wolverhampton somehow your view is less worthy than those that do. As one who has gone to games but can't now I think my views on Wolves, the team, Lage are no different from my armchair than had I got to matches.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its 2022, not 1922. We have more access to watching games than ever. People going to games doesnt make anyone's opinion more valid or more correct.
My point was actually in agreement with what you have said here.

There has been far too much unnecessary mud slinging on here, especially when we are going through some pretty insipid football, that you cannot have an opinion because you're not a ST holder, you aren't at the game, or even rather bizarrely because you don't live in or around Wolverhampton :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this forum has a large number of posters who dont go to games.
Of course it does. I look out for the ones who post in the verdict threads about 15 minutes after the final whistle and start with the line "Just got back";)

But yeah Molineux Mix is a hub, so it'll have Wolves from all over and those who do go and those who don't/can't

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure .
But when you have invested energy , time , money and watched first hand matches all year you can’t help have a different perspective to a fan that doesn’t. And that can cause differences in opinion.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure .
But when you have invested energy , time , money and watched first hand matches all year you can’t help have a different perspective to a fan that doesn’t. And that can cause differences in opinion.

On the validity of opinions, I'm not sure anyone is saying one opinion is more valid than another because of XYZ - I certainly wasn't. But someone who goes to all the games and lives and works in and around Wolverhampton will have different aspects affecting their opinion to someone who follows from afar, such as money and time as you mention, they'll often have a different perspective. That's just the way it is

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said Lage was always a short term fix anyway

That was my thoughts.... cheap, easy, Portuguese option during uncertain Covid times.
So 2 things surprise me....
1- He's still here
2- The club have spent big money with him still the coach.

Mix of both, Bruno ( in my opinion ) is so far out of his depth its beyond a joke but also the squad have to take some blame for their efforts ( or lack there of) on the field.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure .

Are you trying to say a fan like myself for example doesn't invest energy, time and money into watching Wolves play? There are plenty of ways to do it besides attending in person that still cost plenty of money and take up lots of time and energy.

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was my thoughts.... cheap, easy, Portuguese option during uncertain Covid times.
So 2 things surprise me....
1- He's still here
2- The club have spent big money with him still the coach.

Mix of both, Bruno ( in my opinion ) is so far out of his depth its beyond a joke but also the squad have to take some blame for their efforts ( or lack there of) on the field.
Give it until Saturday I think a lot of Wolves fans already want him gone

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly and I’m glad you said this.

BTW, I think you’re ugly……………;)

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please forgive if I’m interpreting your post wrong but the players should easily get new ideas in a couple weeks of training……maybe not 100% but pretty close.
Completely agree. Apologies it was sarcasm on my part but it doesn’t always come across when written on a forum.

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the validity of opinions, I'm not sure anyone is saying one opinion is more valid than another because of XYZ - I certainly wasn't. But someone who goes to all the games and lives and works in and around Wolverhampton will have different aspects affecting their opinion to someone who follows from afar, such as money and time as you mention, they'll often have a different perspective. That's just the way it is
Agreed all opinions are valid. I was just trying to explain why there are some differences in attitude.
You can be a bit more relaxed about our low scoring dull football if you havent spent time and money on a day out.
Its the mood not the opinion I was justifying

Back
Top Bottom