Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno or the squad ? Poll .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it Bruno or is it the squad that is causing us to flirt with relegation?
Unbalanced squad, no replacement for Jimenez - whatever .
Could another man have done much better than 1 win in 15 matches at this level ?
I like polls they cut out the verbosity !

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Downfall" started with nunos last season.

Last season Bruno dealt with the crap from that previous season and did relatively well.

Biggest upturn for a few years, so fair play for Bruno for giving it ago it records to recruitment, still think time is needed though he needs to improve in certain aspects.

Do think some players to wake up abit and that our attacking players aren't as good as made out.

Think injuries and geling is the biggest factor atm

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm only the 2nd to blame the squad (think there's perhaps more to it than just Lage and the squad tbh). If we'd had a fit Costa or a player like Toney or Callum Wilson at the start of the season I think we'd be comfortably in the top 8 now. The players lack confidence because they know we are not going to score. I think like England last night once we get a goal or 2 we will start to roll. This squad is just too talented to be near the bottom. With Costa, Nunes and Guedes all picking up the pace I genuinely believe we will start to pick up points.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the squad as good as we think it is ?, taking the current round of International games I make it that we have just 3 current International players those being Neves, Collins and Hwang, the remainder are either squad players or have not been called up, Soooooo is the Wolves poor form affecting players International chances or are our players simply not as good as we think they are ?.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad is better than our current league position. The injuries and belated assembly hasn't helped Bruno embed the style of play he wanted to bring and he's in a quandary now where he has little option but to double down after selling Coady, Saiss, etc. and Fosun spending big.

There is rarely a single entity responsible for a crisis but he should absolutely be doing better.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't quite understand why the fans anger seems to have intensified after losing to City.

I'm by no means disagreeing with those who want Bruno out. For me, I would give him three more games at least, but I wouldn't care one bit if he was sacked tomorrow.

However, whilst people rightly point to a trend with statistics, it does feel as if the past week or so things have gone really bad and I think that bits harsh.

In answer to the OP, the first few games we were totally unprepared and that's on the board.

In the last four games, we've had a squad but do you expect instant results? In that period we've got 5 points, which is acceptable from the four games when you consider City was one of those. It's not great but it's not that bad.

I'm personally concerned with the performances as we're not playing well but I don't think it's a disaster just yet.

If Bruno was sacked now I think he could have a few fair grumbles. However, the board have given him a very talented squad and if he does get longer then that can't be an excuse. Of course, there are areas to improve, like a third-choice centre-back, but on the whole this is a squad that is WAY better than anyone would've expected.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its the squad. With a top 4 squad that's where we would be heading. Still trying to be too clever about it ay thay.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both for me, Bruno has his faults but all this talk of a fantastic window was balls. We’ve still left ourselves short in key areas.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the squad as good as we think it is ?, taking the current round of International games I make it that we have just 3 current International players those being Neves, Collins and Hwang, the remainder are either squad players or have not been called up, Soooooo is the Wolves poor form affecting players International chances or are our players simply not as good as we think they are ?.
I concur.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
I don't quite understand why the fans anger seems to have intensified after losing to City.
The whole 'losing to City, what did you expect?' argument is nothing but a smokescreen to some real problems. I'm not sure anger intensified at all, it's just that more people are vocalising concerns that have been aired for several months now.

Simple facts are these:

1664359844209.png

Without even discussing cup games his sides have won just a third of their PL games, with a -9 goal difference.

That simply is it in a nutshell and its not good enough with the talent at his disposal.

Many have been sacked having much better records than Lage, and at the moment there is nothing about him, in his prior management/head coach history, his press comments, game management, nothing, that gives him credibility that he can turn it around.

He has the most talented Wolves squad assembled in decades that should at the very least be competing for Europa League places and they're not.

If he does manage to turn things around, it would be an incredible story, and then he can lap up all the plaudits, write some more books, and bathe in that success (and deservedly so should that happen), but how much longer should Fosun give him to see if that can happen?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage is starting to sound like a "moaning minnie" to me; seems to throw blame away from himself at any opportunity.
There are Premier managers that have been dealt far *****ier hands than him who are moaning less.

In my very humble opinion, he needs to be more accountable. Shades of his poor final season at Benfica possibly?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole 'losing to City, what did you expect?' argument is nothing but a smokescreen to some real problems. I'm not sure anger intensified at all, it's just that more people are vocalising concerns that have been aired for several months now.

Simple facts are these:

View attachment 30433

Without even discussing cup games his sides have won just a third of their PL games, with a -9 goal difference.

That simply is it in a nutshell and its not good enough with the talent at his disposal.

Many have been sacked having much better records than Lage, and at the moment there is nothing about him, in his prior management/head coach history, his press comments, game management, nothing, that gives him credibility that he can turn it around.

He has the most talented Wolves squad assembled in decades that should at the very least be competing for Europa League places and they're not.

If he does manage to turn things around, it would be an incredible story, and then he can lap up all the plaudits, write some more books, and bathe in that success (and deservedly so should that happen), but how much longer should Fosun give him to see if that can happen?
I'm not arguing with that, the facts are there to see and they don't look good. It's just my opinion it's got worse in the past week (maybe because it's an international break?) and I didn't actually feel it was that bad a performance against City.

I would only agree that he's had the best squad in the past four games, that's my point.

The first three games have to be written off, they really do, and that's all on the board.

So we're judging him on four games this season. Newcastle at home was an average at best performance but we drew, would've won if Hwang didn't make a mistake. Bournemouth was a poor but the reality is we should have won. Southampton was about winning and then City.

Five points from those four games is average IMO and that's what we should be judging on now.

Is it fair to look at last season? We have a completely different team now. Also, last season was very different in the sense that he wasn't backed, which isn't the case now.

I believe this 'new' Wolves, which, as you say, has the best squad ever, is only four games in.

This isn't me saying we shouldn't sack him, I have major doubts as well, but I think some of the criticism is unfair.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A mix of both.

Though I’d say the squad is nowhere near as good as some are making out (especially with the injuries we have) nor is Bruno as bad as some are making out either.

Both could and should be doing better.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't actually feel it was that bad a performance against City.
It wasn't (in the 2nd half at least).
Nor did we put in poor performances at Leeds and Spurs. But the end result was 0 points from 9 possible and, quite simply, that cannot continue.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not arguing with that, the facts are there to see and they don't look good. It's just my opinion it's got worse in the past week (maybe because it's an international break?) and I didn't actually feel it was that bad a performance against City.

I would only agree that he's had the best squad in the past four games, that's my point.

The first three games have to be written off, they really do, and that's all on the board.

So we're judging him on four games this season. Newcastle at home was an average at best performance but we drew, would've won if Hwang didn't make a mistake. Bournemouth was a poor but the reality is we should have won. Southampton was about winning and then City.

Five points from those four games is average IMO and that's what we should be judging on now.

Is it fair to look at last season? We have a completely different team now. Also, last season was very different in the sense that he wasn't backed, which isn't the case now.

I believe this 'new' Wolves, which, as you say, has the best squad ever, is only four games in.

This isn't me saying we shouldn't sack him, I have major doubts as well, but I think some of the criticism is unfair.

It is because we've told (by Brunos defenders) since match #1 to "give him more time". And every match *is* more time, yet we are not improving. It's that simple. We looked at out best for 20 minutes in the first match against Leeds. And a decent, though totally toothless 25 minutes v Spurs. The rest, it's disjointed, only penalty misses and our woodwork saving us from worse. Chaotic defence. An attack that looks like it doesn't know which direction it should be heading.

But even besides all that, it's the body language of the players. The lack of extra effort (unlike , say Bournemouth, when we played them) turning up and going through the motions as if they've given up on the season already. Signs of complacency, having a bit of an easy time, a feeling they'll grab a few points when we need them and then all move on to bigger clubs in a season or two. (it's the story of the past 2 seasons, after all). Not caring about giving anything back to the supporters.

It just looks like something is very wrong and it is not getting better.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
International break, and the main target of international breaks before this season (Silva) is in Belgium

But while the Man City game as a result in isolation shouldn't be worthy of getting angry, there were still some bizarre decisions by Lage which will do nothing to improve confidence in him, couple it with the fact we now stand at one win in fourteen, the feeling isn't going to get better

Personally I can't see how anyone can look at the squad we've got and think one win in fourteen is something that happens without something being seriously wrong

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno said he wanted a pressing midfield… LIES

Bruno said a back 4 would make us more attacking.. LIES

SACK HIM

Nuno or AVB to get us out of this mess. Back to basics

Back
Top Bottom