Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A quick Google makes him sound rather underwhelming as our next appointment but to be fair I can remember feeling quite underwhelmed with Nuno’s appointment, as I had to Google to find out about him and all :smile: And look where he’s got us to - Im happy to reserve judgement until I see what he brings to the team if he is indeed going to be our next manager , it would just be nice for us to bring in someone of real calibre after letting go of someone who’s had such huge significance for our progress up to now.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Nuno an established Championship/PL manager?
No, but he was a former Porto and Valencia manager who was brought in to manage a team in the championship who came with 3 of the best players the league has ever seen.

My point is that there was less at stake and it was a far lower risk than if we appoint somebody completely random now where this current squad can blatantly go one of two ways right now.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said, not convinced at all. keep hearing claims like this.

then you look at the criticism on here by the same people about us - wasted money, poor transfers etc.

which was why I included his spend. Nearly £100m in 2 years, and not got a striker?? Some would argue that’s poor management- or perhaps that only applies to Wolves.

Most of his transfers have been good and improved the side. They spent £20m on Maupay which was probably the going rate for a top Championship striker, but he isn't a natural goalscorer.

D

Deleted member 11332

Relegation now a distinct possibility next season..
I don't trust Fosun.
Without an established PL manager can see us on the ropes next year.

Don't be so ridiculous. We will be fine, got plenty of quality and we've missed most of them this season and finished mid table

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho, Marcal, Saiss
Moutinho legs gone and maybe demotivated like Nuno might be. With the right manager might be a candidate for coaching duties.
Saiss might be considered back up at least until we have strengthened the rest of the team.
Marcal looked good inbetween injuries. Both matches. ;)
I agree that all three should not be considered as adequate first eleven.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me that doesn’t get the graham potter love in? I keep hearing this but I just don’t see it.

he’s been there 2 years, inherited a reasonable(ish) squad and has had 2 transfer windows and has spent about £93.5m

Brighton look quite nice sometimes, but ineffective going forward and poor at the back - but got a bit better this season.

his overall league record at Brighton is;
P75 W18 D28 L29 GF79 GA98 GD -19

so in 2 years a 24% win ratio for the best part of £100m spent. Can’t see the attraction myself.
It’s not just you. They knock the ball around nicely, but they’re porous and weak IMO.. we’ve taken 4 points off them and scored 5 goals against them.. and we’ve been crap for well over a year.

No for me on Potter.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just talked to a Benfica fan who said some of the best football he's ever seen at his club was when Bruno was there, free scoring and free wheeling.
My issue with this is that the defence is already a liability without us flooding forward and leaving countless spaces.

D

Deleted member 11332

It’s not just you. They knock the ball around nicely, but they’re porous and weak IMO.. we’ve taken 4 points off them and scored 5 goals against them.. and we’ve been crap for well over a year.

No for me on Potter.

Too granular. For example. Dean Smith has taken 4 points off Nuno. One is a ****head moron and the other is the best manager wolves have had in decades.

Similarly, Brighton can't attract quality players without paying them daft money. Lallana I'd on 150k a week for example.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't be so ridiculous. We will be fine, got plenty of quality and we've missed most of them this season and finished mid table
But according to accounts on here all the quality is leaving with Nuno.

the amount of rumours flying about today is unbelievable. At this rate we’ll be playing the U18s next year

D

Deleted member 11332

But according to accounts on here all the quality is leaving with Nuno.

the amount of rumours flying about today is unbelievable. At this rate we’ll be playing the U18s next year.

Same as when any manager leaves a club. Fact is they are contracted to wolves not Nuno FC. What they all gonna do, follow Nuno to spend the summer with his family round a pool?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My issue with this is that the defence is already a liability without us flooding forward and leaving countless spaces.
That doesn’t mean we should sit back though does it. Fix that defence is the answer not play defensively cos we have a **** defence. Get defenders in defence instead of converted midfielders and stop passing back to the CB’s or keepers from our own corners. This side needs a complete rebuild. I tell you what would be nice too when we are 1 goal up which isn’t often Of late to go for 2. We have been far to conservative for far to long. Whoever the new man is I hope he is more offensively minded than Nuno specially the last season and half.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That doesn’t mean we should sit back though does it. Fix that defence is the answer not play defensively cos we have a **** defence. Get defenders in defence instead of converted midfielders and stop passing back to the CB’s or keepers from our own corners. This side needs a complete rebuild. I tell you what would be nice too when we are 1 goal up which isn’t often Of late to go for 2. We have been far to conservative for far to long. Whoever the new man is I hope he is more offensively minded than Nuno specially the last season and half.
Completely agree. We need to build from the back if we want to play attacking stuff. My issue with Lage is that he couldn’t sustain the initial great spell he had as caretaker.

I’d be all for seeing some of the best attacking football we’ve seen in years but to do that and be successful we need a solid defence as a base.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too granular. For example. Dean Smith has taken 4 points off Nuno. One is a ****head moron and the other is the best manager wolves have had in decades.

Similarly, Brighton can't attract quality players without paying them daft money. Lallana I'd on 150k a week for example.
Can’t argue with your logic.. based off my argument.

Take us out of the equation.. I just don’t think Brighton have been decent at all.. I feel they get lip service from a lot of commentators because people like the underdog, but they’re far too lightweight and unorganised to cause any teams with quality any real problems.

So nah; don’t fancy him at all. Barely stayed up. Less points than Chris Hughton.

D

Deleted member 11332

Can’t argue with your logic.. based off my argument.

Take us out of the equation.. I just don’t think Brighton have been decent at all.. I feel they get lip service from a lot of commentators because people like the underdog, but they’re far too lightweight and unorganised to cause any teams with quality any real problems.

So nah; don’t fancy him at all. Barely stayed up. Less points than Chris Hughton.

Which is a fair argument really. I'm not exactly screaming for him but he can get his side playing football and creating chances, they don't have the Quality to finish them or grind results defensively but he's kept a very small team in the pl again, trying to play football.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely agree. We need to build from the back if we want to play attacking stuff. My issue with Lage is that he couldn’t sustain the initial great spell he had as caretaker.

I’d be all for seeing some of the best attacking football we’ve seen in years but to do that and be successful we need a solid defence as a base.
Get that and we’re almost on the same page here. But....... what we have done is stopped being offensive when we know we can’t keep a clean sheet. We need to attack teams put them on the back foot. That’s the only way we compensate for the **** defence we have. What we have done is hope by being less fwd thinking we will concede less we haven’t. Playing as we are is proven we can’t defend through the lines, we can’t defend set pieces. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence. I respect Nuno a lot. Do I like what he has served up this last 12 months no way. I ain’t gonna now defend the snoozeworthy football we have see for a year cos a lovely guy has gone.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it is going to have to be an established name which Lage isnt and I know next to nothing about him

I think with Lage it is likely to be a very difficult job for him why? I think most fans have already made there mind up on him I'd see it been a situation like Bruce at Newcastle where most fans are against him before a ball is kicked,

Nuno has left very big shoes to fill.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is going to have to be an established name which Lage isnt and I know next to nothing about him

I think with Lage it is likely to be a very difficult job for him why? I think most fans have already made there mind up on him I'd see it been a situation like Bruce at Newcastle where most fans are against him before a ball is kicked,

Nuno has left very big shoes to fill.
1621629444836.png

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno Lage

****inghell

Let's all remember the day we once had a top, quality manager.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My God we are so stuffed if she is correct. Shi needs to come out soon with some good news as this all sounds shocking if correct. Have Fosun given up on us?
Funny how her “top source” hadn’t given her a tip when this was reportedly decided earlier this week. Ok she has a lot of followers on Twitter but by god she seems to have a high opinion of herself.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno Lage

****inghell

Let's all remember the day we once had a top, quality manager.

A quality manager ( Nuno) that none of us had heard of before he was announced...
Lets all just relax and give the new guy , who ever it may be a chance, lord knows the quality of football can't be much worse than the turgid stuff on show the majority of this season.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sceptical of any Portuguese manager coming in here. I’m sure it’s not the case but it doesn’t scream an appointment made from months of research... it smacks of asking Jorge who he’s got for us.
Or an attempt to stop the players all leaving

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t understand the criticism of a manager who the majority on here have never heard of and have no knowledge of whether he is any good or not.
Standard for the Mix

Raul was written off by many after a sub appearance on the wing for Mexico in the world Cup

Neto was just a Mendes sweetener

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many will now want to move? I think neves will be very thoughtful for example and we expect patricio and moutinho ti go. Neto and jiminez and jonny are still injured.

D

Deleted member 11332

How many will now want to move? I think neves will be very thoughtful for example and we expect patricio and moutinho ti go. Neto and jiminez and jonny are still injured.

I'm not privy to that information however if we look historically there's not generally a mass exodus when a a manager leaves, regardless of if he signed them.

How do we know that Neves is happy with the way we have played this season for example. He may be happy to play in a more expansive side. It's all guesswork anyway but I'm comfortable that we won't sell all our players on the back of this.

Back
Top Bottom