Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging managers is a futile task. Very few are consistent, look at managers like Silva and Moyes one season they are great, next they are ****e. Next they are great again. In reality their managing ability is just the same.

As for Large we have seen a few glimpses of what he can do with a depleted squad last year. I think he could get us playing really well as shown in glimpses with a depleted squad last year. But I don't think he has that bounce back ability that Nuno had, where he would turn things around every time we lost a few games.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lampard Silva Marsch Gerrard Parker Cooper Howe Vieira Arteta Hassenhuttl

Probably put him in the same tier as Rodgers, Potter, Frank, Moyes, Ten Hag, behind the big boys.

Maybe give him a squad that doesn’t have a full bench of U23’s and the right players for his preferred system rather than judging him based on last year which was very clearly damage limitation. A reminder he had us pushing Europe at the turn of the year, despite playing with a squad that looked finished under Nuno, and very little backing in the previous transfer window.
Not a chance. My god. He's miles behind everyone you've put him in the same tier as!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To think that run of form is down to him is absolutely laughable .

Loaned out traore
Loaned out Silva

Failed to sign a substitute cm
Failed to sign a striker

Defeat is 100% on fosun and I will be the first in calling for them to go at Fulham home when we lose 2-0

Then Lage is a complete idiot for not walking because he is being set up to fail.

You can't entirely absolve Lage of any blame. Tactically we were **** for half a season last time around, and he got the formation wrong today. There is no debate really Fosun have let him down, but Bruno's record now is in that sackable territory. The results just aren't there.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I wrote on the verdict thread, I find lage's utter inability to change a game with subs or tactics problematic. It's been the same regardless of who is on the bench. Mostly he just won't use them.

We couldn't do anything right after 70 mins and just gave up. Happened numerous times under his management and something he and his team need to improve. I

It's becoming like nuno's first halves except it's lage's second halves.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is one of the most bizarre stances I have seen I reckon. So what are you basing this idiotic view on? How about how many managers in the prem have won league titles?
Bizarre because it shows how utterly moronic your stance is? my view isn't idiotic, you just don't have an answer to it. If Lage had done well you'd have an argument but Lage is one of the worst head coaches in the PL today. I'd love to be there when you realise it

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bizarre because it shows how utterly moronic your stance is, my view isn't idiotic, you just don't have an answer to it. If Lage had done well you'd have an argument but Lage is one of the worst head coaches in the PL today. I'd love to be there when you realise it

Your view is idiotic. You are saying he is one of the worst managers in the division based on? It is an absolute fact he had us tenth last season despite allegedly being one of the worst managers in the division. It is also an absolute fact he hasn't been allowed to put his own team together. It is also a fact he has won a top flight title in Portugal. Awful coaches don't do that, regardless of the division.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your view is idiotic. You are saying he is one of the worst managers in the division based on? It is an absolute fact he had us tenth last season despite allegedly being one of the worst managers in the division. It is also an absolute fact he hasn't been allowed to put his own team together. It is also a fact he has won a top flight title in Portugal. Awful coaches don't do that, regardless of the division.
Based on the fact he delivered the worst underlying numbers we've seen since promotion, was awful to watch and he couldn't imprint his own style of play. It's also an absolute fact he's always worked with other people's players throughout his career in football. Yet idiots like you think he needs to be given £100m+ to pick his own side to work with so he can fail with that.

He's been a failure, an abject failure. He has a few weeks to turn it around but based on the last year or so, he's not going to - because he's ****

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there anything Jeff has ever done that you think was a bad decision?
Let me ask you…….

Do you know if Jeff has ever made a bad decision? I mean a SOLID know…no ambiguity.
I‘m not interested in what you think……only what you know. No point in judging someone or their actions without being reasonably well informed, right?
To me the facts matter.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let me ask you…….

Do you know if Jeff has ever made a bad decision? I mean a SOLID know…no ambiguity.
I‘m not interested in what you think……only what you know. No point in judging someone or their actions without being reasonably well informed, right?
To me the facts matter.
Reliably informed that Jeff chose 'stone' when he knew his opponent would be going for 'paper', his opponent at the time was Guo

Right decision or wrong decision?

(None of it matters obviously, and nor is it true!)

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We keep reading that the reason for some of our problems is that Wolves didn’t back Bruno in last summer’s window.
But I feel confident to say that if Tuchel, Conte or Howe for example had been appointed after Nuno, Wolves probably would have had more goals and points on the board last season.
With the exact same squad and injuries.

The Mixers who wanted Bruno out might well have been right. If you were a ‘Bruno Out’ poster last season , you might be ahead of the curve.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We keep reading that the reason for some of our problems is that Wolves didn’t back Bruno in last summer’s window.
But I feel confident to say that if Tuchel, Conte or Howe for example had been appointed after Nuno, Wolves probably would have had more goals and points on the board last season.
With the exact same squad and injuries.

The Mixers who wanted Bruno out might well have been right. If you were a ‘Bruno Out’ poster last season , you might be ahead of the curve.
To be honest I’m not overly keen on sacking, but when we drew at home to Norwich, after losing in the FA Cup to them and drawing 0.0 away, I thought 1 goal and 2 points against them, it was for him not to stay. Based on resources you can’t really blame him at the moment, but I’m not confident. In football it’s always the next game, however I think as far as I’m concerned, Fulham is the acid test, the amount of mixers who had/have relegated Leeds (even after them beating us yesterday), Fulham & Bournemouth it’s crazy. I cannot see us scoring loads of goals without additions. Ps. The season started yesterday, not at the end of August.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My preference, and i've said it multiple times is for us to keep him and back him. The problem is though if this poor run from last season carries on into this one, he's got no chance. The results just arent there. Even the performances arent. I'd say yesterday for half the game we looked really good, then the other half we just looked frantic and flustered.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most of us are literally 50/50 on this..

The results!… but he’s got no reinforcements. The performances!…. but he has his squad WEAKENED by those above him.

You do feel he doesn’t help himself at times, but he probably can’t win with the tools as his disposal, either.

I also agree that if he really isn’t going to get the help he’s (often) publically asking for - he should walk. So, maybe Fosun are like that drunk bum of a boyfriend “…honestly babe, this time will be different, I’ll change!” and never deliver, or he’s happy to take the no-doubt millions coming his way when he’s pushed. Nuno got jettisoned under similar circumstances and got a better job, so the latter is hardly career suicide at this point and the money would be nice, I’m sure.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let me ask you…….

To me the facts matter.
You're not interested in what people think but regularly let us have your thoughts.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the fact he delivered the worst underlying numbers we've seen since promotion, was awful to watch and he couldn't imprint his own style of play. It's also an absolute fact he's always worked with other people's players throughout his career in football. Yet idiots like you think he needs to be given £100m+ to pick his own side to work with so he can fail with that.

He's been a failure, an abject failure. He has a few weeks to turn it around but based on the last year or so, he's not going to - because he's ****
Agree. Since February he’s got nothing out of the team. Brighton, Palace, Norwich were abject. He’s had a whole pre-season to hone 4 at the back, first league game it’s keystone cops. Whilst we have a squad which is short I have no confidence that Bruno would be able to improve results. It works fine if the opposition play as he expects, if they don’t or do one small thing differently it falls apart and he is incapable of changing things during a game. He’s got a long way to go to change my opinion, I would have sacked him day after last season finished. I personally don’t think he see out September.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Let me ask you…….

To me the facts matter.
So you don't ever think Jeff has made a bad decision. Interesting

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agree. Since February he’s got nothing out of the team. Brighton, Palace, Norwich were abject. He’s had a whole pre-season to hone 4 at the back, first league game it’s keystone cops. Whilst we have a squad which is short I have no confidence that Bruno would be able to improve results. It works fine if the opposition play as he expects, if they don’t or do one small thing differently it falls apart and he is incapable of changing things during a game. He’s got a long way to go to change my opinion, I would have sacked him day after last season finished. I personally don’t think he see out September.
Not really seeing this keystone cops stuff tbh, one massive error from RAN and one goal that was not awful defending tbh was a nice slide ball through with Jonny caught up the field slightly.

Sa had one save of note I remember having to make.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really seeing this keystone cops stuff tbh, one massive error from RAN and one goal that was not awful defending tbh was a nice slide ball through with Jonny caught up the field slightly.

Sa should have saved the first goal.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's obviously some sympathy for him given the state of the squad but...it doesn't really matter, does it? At some point he has to be able to win football matches with the tools at his disposal. Because what's the alternative? We keep losing and losing and losing but say it's ok because we don't have the players that he wants? If he can't find a way to beat the teams around us – to create chances against relegated teams, to not get hammered by Brighton – then we need to find a manager who can.

It's as simple as that really.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly, ridiculous over reaction to say the defending was keystone cops.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was one of those saying he should go at the end of last season. The football and game management were terrible and he seemed to blame everyone but himself. Having watched the interviews pre season, I think he has to be given support, but I still think he will be out by the World Cup.
I'm very concerned that we are losing Coady on the basis that we are going for Lage's style of play.
I think Lage is out of his depth: he's obviously good as a number 2, but in charge? Not for me.
Time will tell.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I was one of those saying he should go at the end of last season. The football and game management were terrible and he seemed to blame everyone but himself. Having watched the interviews pre season, I think he has to be given support, but I still think he will be out by the World Cup.
I'm very concerned that we are losing Coady on the basis that we are going for Lage's style of play.
I think Lage is out of his depth: he's obviously good as a number 2, but in charge? Not for me.
Time will tell.
I think he is a great coach, but must admit the bolded is something playing on my mind as well

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
This is one of the most bizarre stances I have seen I reckon. So what are you basing this idiotic view on? How about how many managers in the prem have won league titles?
It's like the bizarre argument this and that team are better than us despite finishing below us in the league. The table apparently does lie!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You see what Shi and Sellars have done? They've divided the legacy fans. Everyone arguing. This was their plan all along.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really believe the only way we can survive in this league with this squad is to be negative and attack on the break. Even tighter than Nuno style. Remember we only opened up in the last 30 minutes under Nuno seasons of 7th and 7th.
We just don’t have the players to create and score more goals than we let in unless we lock it up tight.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted him gone. He's here now, so I'll get behind him and hope. I'm not confident he'll still be in a job come Xmas.
I was and still am on the fence.
Of course we want him to succeed and now he’s got a PL season’s coaching experience, so that should help.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted him gone. He's here now, so I'll get behind him and hope. I'm not confident he'll still be in a job come Xmas.
Bruno needs some of his 'own' players who can play his system, not Nuno's. If he gets some of these types of players we can then more fairly judge him imo.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno needs some of his 'own' players who can play his system, not Nuno's. If he gets some of these types of players we can then more fairly judge him imo.
Likewise he should be judged on outgoings and the success of the team without them.

MattWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around this criticism of him. He might not be perfect but he’s nowhere near as bad you’re making out.

He’s inherited the same group of players (some of which have gone and not been replaced) who have been creatively abject and boring for the last few years.

You can only work with the tools you are given and in his defence, he hasn’t been given many.

What are you expecting from him?

We have strikers and wingers who are unable to regularly score. Midfielders that don’t create much. That’s not down to Lage, they just aren’t goal scorers.

Let’s judge him when he actually has a team of players he wants.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not overly convinced, some team selections last season did puzzle me aswell as his in game management but he can only be truly judged with his own side.

The reality is though, he is fosuns yes man.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You see what Shi and Sellars have done? They've divided the legacy fans. Everyone arguing. This was their plan all along.
Politicians do this, as they have something to gain from it.
There’s no upside to ****ing off and dividing fans as a football club owner. The downsides are limited too, but the unrest is a byproduct of failings, not the achievement of an aim.

Back
Top Bottom