Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Reaction score
Not a Lage fan I admit, but now it seems that he is being backed by the board (finally) this will be his chance to prove all us doubters wrong. If it goes well absolutely great I’ll happily eat a large slice of humble pie (preferably with ice cream) if it doesn’t then at least we will have a very attractive set of players to encourage quality managers to come in - win/win basically.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once he gets a striker , and we have played 10 games that’s the time to start judging him. But definitely got this season as a minimum I imagine

People need to support him . Seems some want to slate him already
I think he’ll not get that long if performances and results don’t ultimately improve.

As others have noted, Bruno is finally getting the players to play his type of football and move away from the Nuno era. The pressure is on him to utilise the talents of Nunes and Guedes and change the dynamics of the team. If we see Guedes plodding up and down the flank punting aimless balls into the box, and Nunes hanging back in centre midfield and all our few chances still being created from the wings then we will know Bruno is not the man. Hopefully he will prove us all very wrong.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’ll not get that long if performances and results don’t ultimately improve.

As others have noted, Bruno is finally getting the players to play his type of football and move away from the Nuno era. The pressure is on him to utilise the talents of Nunes and Guedes and change the dynamics of the team. If we see Guedes plodding up and down the flank punting aimless balls into the box, and Nunes hanging back in centre midfield and all our few chances still being created from the wings then we will know Bruno is not the man. Hopefully he will prove us all very wrong.

He's got no excuses now. I still think he will be in trouble if we dont pick up in by the time we play liverpool. We really need at least 6 points before then, probably 9 if we want to kick on.

People are kidding themselves if they think he is going to be afforded the whole season if both the performances and results dont improve with the kind of investment we are seeing. And i reckon if he doesnt step up we will see Ruben Amorim as the next Wolves manager.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Press conference: Tl: DR

Everyone fit except Chiqiunho- different groups for the newly fit and the new players, but all could play.

MGW wouldn't sign a contract and (reading between lines) wanted guarantees he would play every game. Money too good.

Asked about Ramos by a lot of people. Hasnt spoken to him or made an offer but he's a good player. Other targets too

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His Ramos quotes don't mean anything either way, he wouldn't say yes I've been tapping up another teams player and he's our top target it's asking for trouble if it doesn't work for any reason. Of course he could be telling the truth. But could equally be either.

Sounds like he bigged up Chem Campbell a little. Maybe he's the next academy project and will benefit from the five sub rule. We have enough wide players that we can develop an academy option as a squad player.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got no excuses now. I still think he will be in trouble if we dont pick up in by the time we play liverpool. We really need at least 6 points before then, probably 9 if we want to kick on.

People are kidding themselves if they think he is going to be afforded the whole season if both the performances and results dont improve with the kind of investment we are seeing. And i reckon if he doesnt step up we will see Ruben Amorim as the next Wolves manager.
We certainly have a nice team now for a good manager.
But Bruno seemed to influence the joiners.
Wolves will look beyond the results for at least two months.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We certainly have a nice team now for a good manager.
But Bruno seemed to influence the joiners.
Wolves will look beyond the results for at least two months.
Your last line is why included performances, although I do still think the results have to improve as well or we are going to be in a scrap at the bottom end of the table.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your last line is why included performances, although I do still think the results have to improve as well or we are going to be in a scrap at the bottom end of the table.
Before our latest arrivals I wondered who we could beat. That was because our football was ineffective.
It will be interesting to see if we become more potent with just Guedes and Nunes and no goals scorer .

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before our latest arrivals I wondered who we could beat. That was because our football was ineffective.
It will be interesting to see if we become more potent with just Guedes and Nunes and no goals scorer .

Unlikely I would think

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I just have a feeling that we have good manager/coach here. He is beginning to mold a team that he wants, and I think that he will develop and improve the team. I wouldn't rule out a domestic cup win this year, this is going to be a special team. The future is bright, the future is golden. Wolvesaye. Give the man a chance, Wolves have, and we reap the benefits.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under pressure hahahahahahaha

He’s outplayed spurs for 60 mins without a striker . Get a grip

Get him a striker and give him 20 games .
He was under a lot of pressure at the end of last season and we've continued to not win games since then. How many games does he get before we worry? He's had 10...

Obviously this is a little knee jerk but 3 points from 30 is difficult to defend.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m not sure he’ll get 20 games, especially if the goals/points don’t start arriving quickly. Whether that’s right or wrong I am undecided, but that’s the reality when the owners give you near £100m worth of talent.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't think a striker will solve all of our issues though, it will certainly help but we need to make better decisions in the final third as a team.

Bruno has got us playing good football in the first two thirds but he will know that we need to convert that into chances and goals. I'd like him to be the man to do it but we've got a good squad now, there's no excuse.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ultimately though its about results, and today is another loss. He wont get 20 games IMHO.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

18 points from our last 20 games. Do that for the next 20 games and we're struggling to stay up. He hasn't got 20 games to sort it out, 10 at the most

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the fixtures we have in Games 7-10, I reckon he probably has the next three games to save himself…

…and that’s incredibly harsh.
Harsh but probably accurate. As it should be as well, the amount of money that's being spent now puts us amongst the top 6.

If we're in the bottom three after 10 games you have to think Fosun will act.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad some of you clowns ain’t in charge
I've not seen anyone say to sack him to be fair. He deserves time and will get that but the overhang from last season does complicate things a little. I'd be more confident if we had finished last season strongly.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think a striker will solve all of our issues though, it will certainly help but we need to make better decisions in the final third as a team.

Bruno has got us playing good football in the first two thirds but he will know that we need to convert that into chances and goals. I'd like him to be the man to do it but we've got a good squad now, there's no excuse.
I think the hope is that Nunes and Guedes will play a big part in changing that final third decision making.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes life can be a **********, Bruno is finally getting backed but as we all know "Time waits for no-one" and unless we start winning Fosun will pull the trigger, as Bruno said in one of his first interviews he always carries his car keys in his pocket just in case, we need a win an ugly win a lucky win but we need a win, we have a decent squad but if we carry on the none scoring its inevitable how this will end, I like Bruno and think he is a decent manager but its a results business.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harsh but probably accurate. As it should be as well, the amount of money that's being spent now puts us amongst the top 6.

If we're in the bottom three after 10 games you have to think Fosun will act.
To be fair to Bruno, Fosun have not provided him with a proper striker. Last season we relied on Raul with bit parts from Silva. Silva was sent out on loan without a replacement and then Raul got injured leaving us with no striker at all to go into the first XI. Unbelievably bad planning for a PL club.

Having said that, I don't get why Bruno plays Podence in that false 9 role. There has to be better options. I'd rather see Traore in that role than Podence with the team playing those through balls and pushing up to support. And after a whole season in charge we still look powder puff with our final third play.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not seen anyone say to sack him to be fair. He deserves time and will get that but the overhang from last season does complicate things a little. I'd be more confident if we had finished last season strongly.
Likewise. I don't want to see him sacked but I want to see Wolves do better than getting 3 points in 30. If that becomes 3-5 points from 39, I'd pull the trigger. I hope it doesn't

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Likewise. I don't want to see him sacked but I want to see Wolves do better than getting 3 points in 30. If that becomes 3-5 points from 39, I'd pull the trigger. I hope it doesn't
I just think squads can get into ruts and lose a bit of faith in the manager if they get on a bad run of form and can't seem to pull themselves out of it. Confidence is very low in front of goal that's for sure.

Hope he goes strong on Tuesday so we can hopefully address that a bit, although Preston haven't conceded in 4 games yet!

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Fosun reportedly try to replace Bruno in the summer and would've done if everything fell into place.
Read this a few times. Any idea who? Feel Bruno has to be given to the World Cup personally, but it's not my £££ being spent.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Bruno, Fosun have not provided him with a proper striker. Last season we relied on Raul with bit parts from Silva. Silva was sent out on loan without a replacement and then Raul got injured leaving us with no striker at all to go into the first XI. Unbelievably bad planning for a PL club.

Having said that, I don't get why Bruno plays Podence in that false 9 role. There has to be better options. I'd rather see Traore in that role than Podence with the team playing those through balls and pushing up to support. And after a whole season in charge we still look powder puff with our final third play.
Podence is like playing with 10 men. Sorry, not a fan either.

As for Bruno, feel like we're now assembling a good team on paper but he just might be the weak link.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see him surviving this and was shocked he didn't get sacked last season.

Our inability to take chances are the same now as they were last season, said in the commentary thread I'm lost for words with how many we miss Podence had a clear chance and couldn't even hit the target again it's just desperately poor.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
So he doesn’t

I personally wouldn’t. Thought there were some really good signs today and that he deserves a fair shake with this squad (and hopefully a striker).

But if we’re on 6-7 points from 10 games, on the back of last season’s run and the discussions over his future in the Summer, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom