Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The bloke lives for football, he might not always get it right but the thought he puts in to upcoming games as detailed here where he explains to Spiers pre Villa how they will set up and the game will play out and is completely on the money is impressive.

Given time and some backing he could really do something special whether that’s at Wolves or, eventually, elsewhere.
He's done that a few times to be fair to him, Man U and Spurs away were two prime examples of him absolutely nailing the set up of the team. He does need to get a plan though when it doesn't go how he envisaged and he needs to switch things around because there is a lot of "if plan A doesn't work, stay with plan A"

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's done that a few times to be fair to him, Man U and Spurs away were two prime examples of him absolutely nailing the set up of the team. He does need to get a plan though when it doesn't go how he envisaged and he needs to switch things around because there is a lot of "if plan A doesn't work, stay with plan A"
I think that was true under Nuno to be fair too. They have very different ideas about plan A, Nuno was all about focusing on our game where as Bruno is more about the opposition. We were good at comebacks under Nuno but it was never really about a tactical change, more so a slow start and building our way in to the game.

Both can be very good at plan A but occasionally lacking with plan B. Both are reasonably young as managers though so perhaps that’s to be expected and can be improved with experience.

Or perhaps it’s a Portuguese thing as the same can be said for Mourinho too who could absolutely nail a game tactically or completely lose it.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By and large though he’s done a reasonable job this year as I fully expected us to be around 11th in truth.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done a great job this year and it looks very much like we will finish 8th, which is really good.

But in a few key away games we have been absolutely ****ing awful.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some strange decisions from Bruno, was crying out for subs at half time, really really poor management, especially considering Newcastle are absolute dross

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno is a good coach, maybe even great but after some of the games I‘ve seen this season, that’s the highest I rate him.
And I’m not buying the transfer excuse that’s always trotted out.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They obviously not fully fit
Not fit to be on the bench then. Why not let them start the game and attacking first, then sub them if needed?
It’s just poor management of the players he has available. No excuses. Cundle deserved a chance, but Jesus, Hwang can’t trap a bag of sand and Marcal is a terrible footballer. Then, seeing Cundle not cutting it tonight, you don’t make any changes to either give him some support, or remove him.

WufflerMuffler

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd like to say "Why wouldn't you give Chiquinho a chance ahead of those gutless ****ers?!" but you have already said it, and absolutely spot on. Sadly, it's looking like Bruno is getting to be the gutless one. What's so hard about attacking? And what's so hard about deciding to sub players who think/have been trained to think that attacking is what the other team do?

Travelling fans deserve better than having to see old gold turned to coward yellow.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s always the chance that Bruno is saying to Jeff, “look, when I play the players you want to sign, this is what happens.”
Possibly!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage has done a great job so far but why so hesitant to put Neto on today? Should have been on at half time. Chiquinho also should have had 30 minutes at least along with Ait Nouri when we were offering so little in attack. Far too cautious. We need a morer attacking mentality but of course our midfield and striker options are poor off the bench. It only takes two or three injuries to expose the squad's weakness.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s always the chance that Bruno is saying to Jeff, “look, when I play the players you want to sign, this is what happens.”
Possibly!
There's always the chance, if Lage is playing those sort of games, that Jeff will say "Bye"....

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done a great job this year and it looks very much like we will finish 8th, which is really good.

But in a few key away games we have been absolutely ****ing awful.
Managers earn their crust in those key games, he's failed most.

Said before, said all along so no flip, meh if he stays, meh if he goes, we would be where we are with or without him.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managers earn their crust in those key games, he's failed most.

Said before, said all along so no flip, meh if he stays, meh if he goes, we would be where we are with or without him.
He can go for me. Don’t want him sacked now but this isn’t the ‘style’ of football I want to watch for the next three years.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffling comments from him then, just wish he would have the guts to say we were rubbish. His subs were too late not for the first time

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He can go for me. Don’t want him sacked now but this isn’t the ‘style’ of football I want to watch for the next three years.
Need a lot of new players then. We have of protect our CMs because they aren't athletic, our CBs because none of them are great 1v1 defenders suited to a higher line and we don't have attackers who play interchange stuff well apart from Podence.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage has done a great job so far…
Has he? Our position is down to us not conceding. I can remember many MANY games this season where our defence has been all at sea and somehow a last ditch tackle, woodwork or Sa’s complete brilliance has saved our skin.
I’m sorry but after tonight, he’s just not the man for the job. He got out played by Eddie ‘kick & rush’ Howe ffs!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a lot of new players then. We have of protect our CMs because they aren't athletic, our CBs because none of them are great 1v1 defenders suited to a higher line and we don't have attackers who play interchange stuff well apart from Podence.
Then we’re ****ed!!!! :tearsofjoy:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Has he? Our position is down to us not conceding. I can remember many MANY games this season where our defence has been all at sea and somehow a last ditch tackle, woodwork or Sa’s complete brilliance has saved our skin.
I’m sorry but after tonight, he’s just not the man for the job. He got out played by Eddie ‘kick & rush’ Howe ffs!
Eddie Howe for all his faults has never been a kick and rush manager

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t give two $h!ts if he was gone at the end of the season.
Thanks Bruno but your decision making is horrendous.
At least Nuno had credit in the bank to allow me to swallow games like tonight.
Agree. Would not care at all.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it pretty much all season, he can set a side up, and when it works - great, when it doesn't - he can't change it. Reactive rather than proactive, his in game management is non-existent. Might be a good coach, but a good tactician (in game) he isn't and I really don't see him as the man to take us forward, haven't for months

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's doing it on a purpose,to show Jeff Shi he hasent got squad depth.What dow yow lot understand. :mad:

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems we are now the new Charlton fans; we know how this ends.

Back
Top Bottom