Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bring your Wanderers Scarf…

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Hi all,

OGP again…We’ve got more to add to our display on Saturday, but we’re looking to incorporate all of the stands where possible!

If we could ask that you all push this as much as possible, please? While we’re growing our displays we need as much support as possible and this is an easy way for everyone to get involved.

We have also launched our Crowdfunding through justgiving - see the link below:

OGP JustGiving

OGP Twitter

thanks for the support!

Attachments

• OGP Wanderers Scarf.png
    OGP Wanderers Scarf.png
    492.3 KB · Views: 133

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Isn't there something more weather appropriate we could do?

Should I wear my bobble hat and parka too?

Yeah, people could bring back the flags that were nicked

We’re not asking people to wear their scarves, btw - it’s just another visual to shake/wave about. If you want to wear a bobble hat and parka then that’s up to you!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’re not asking people to wear their scarves, btw - it’s just another visual to shake/wave about. If you want to wear a bobble hat and parka then that’s up to you!
I never stole your flags. I saw some people returning flags at the palace game. How close are you to the original number?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Isn't there something more weather appropriate we could do?

Should I wear my bobble hat and parka too?
Went to watch a Benfica match last week in the mid 20’s and seemed like nearly all home fans had scarves. They do a really good job of ramping up the atmosphere with co-ordinated scarf waving and chanting etc. Would recommend to anyone going on a city break to Lisbon.

W

WasStefan

Dont help yourself with comments like this to be fair. It was poorly communicated that flags were to be left. And many people have probably given them to their kids so little chance of them being in good condition and as a result smaller chance of them being returned.

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Dont help yourself with comments like this to be fair. It was poorly communicated that flags were to be left. And many people have probably given them to their kids so little chance of them being in good condition and as a result smaller chance of them being returned.

I agree, however it was meant with tongue firmly in cheek…

We appreciate the message probably wasn’t shared as well as it could’ve been, but, it was also our first rodeo with this many flags! We live and learn…

On to Villa!

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
I never stole your flags. I saw some people returning flags at the palace game. How close are you to the original number?

I know, the comment wasn’t serious nor aimed at you, forgive me!

We had a fair amount returned, so certainly not complaining! We will know exactly how many were back to on Saturday, but we have also added to the existing lot too.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, however it was meant with tongue firmly in cheek…

We appreciate the message probably wasn’t shared as well as it could’ve been, but, it was also our first rodeo with this many flags! We live and learn…

On to Villa!
I took it as it was intended, don't worry.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you offer some sort of training for waving the flags? Last match i got flapped in the face with a flag several times. Not ideal when hung over from night before............ hahah

Only playing, they look decent and if we can beat Villa Saturday will look quality after the match...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great initiative and really adding to the match day atmosphere ......... How about a drum and a bloke down the front with a megaphone to get & keep the songs going
Given the general attitude towards drums on here (which l share albeit l do like Punjabi Wolves and their dhols) that could almost be taken as trolling lol....

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you offer some sort of training for waving the flags? Last match i got flapped in the face with a flag several times. Not ideal when hung over from night before............ hahah

Only playing, they look decent and if we can beat Villa Saturday will look quality after the match...
That's one hell of a hangover if you're hitting yourself with a flag several times. :eek: :p

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Well done to date, if it improved the atmosphere let someone bring in a drum, anything to get us going when it’s flat, also would bring in the other stands In unison as easy to sing / chant along to a drum.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to date, if it improved the atmosphere let someone bring in a drum, anything to get us going when it’s flat, also would bring in the other stands In unison as easy to sing / chant along to a drum.
Would you want to sit anywhere near the damned thing. I went to see our U21s lose at Palace a couple of seasons ago and ended up near their damned drum. The worst experience that l've had at a football match.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you appeal for people to bring their unique home made flags too? The one's like the old Plymouth Wolves flag that used to be at the front of the Hayward North Bank and the flags you see at away games. Perhaps the club could encourage this by giving sections of the fronts of stands to flags like they do really well at Chelsea? A combination 9f those and the new ones would be fab.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is the Dohl Drum still banned?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no and no again.

It doesn't create any atmosphere at all, it's just an annoying banging drum.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know it has **** all to do with this flag/scarf waving but does anyone else find Rockin' All Over the World at full time cringy and embarrassing?
If @OldGoldPack has people at the club listening to him/her, I’d welcome them starting a campaign to get rid of this and have something unique and ‘Wolves’ played after a victory. I know it was played at Cardiff but it was just a generic tune that they played for all play off winners.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I know it has **** all to do with this flag/scarf waving but does anyone else find Rockin' All Over the World at full time cringy and embarrassing?
Yep ... can't stand it... and worst of all the prat that plays it just can't wait to completely trample all over the organic post match celebrations between fans/players before they've finished.

Hate everything about orchestrated celebration, particularly goal and end of match music. Really grinds my gears.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you want to sit anywhere near the damned thing. I went to see our U21s lose at Palace a couple of seasons ago and ended up near their damned drum. The worst experience that l've had at a football match.
Stick it next to the away fans and just start hammering it if they try to get any songs going.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep ... can't stand it... and worst of all the prat that plays it just can't wait to completely trample all over the organic post match celebrations between fans/players before they've finished.

Hate everything about orchestrated celebration, particularly goal and end of match music. Really grinds my gears.
"Orchestrated celebration" just about sums it up ! We're fed this claptrap as part of the "winning experience".

Funnily enough, I never hear anyone bursting into the Status Quo twelve bar classic as I make my way to the subway. It's normally, "**** me how did we get away with that".

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At risk of being a curmudgeon, a counter point:

I respect the effort and passion but it's all a bit orchestrated for me. Part of the reason flags get nicked or cards get turned into airplanes is because people want to sing and shout and scream as they would normally.

- The 'goal' placards the express & star issued when we choked against Man City were painful
- the static cards we were asked to hold aloft at Wembley ruined the atmosphere against Watford.
- the impossible dream song and sheet was .. something.

What would work? Not sure. The massive shirt in the 90s was fun. Difficult not to join in with that

Back
Top Bottom