Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton verdict

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally controlled the game even though we didnt have that much of the ball. I thought our defenders were immense. Santi Bueno looks like he has settled in now and we were so organised that i dont think Sa had a single save of any consequence to make. Doyle and Gomes closed everything down. in the middle Tommy Doyle had a real battle with Buonanotte. I love the guy. No nonsense at all just got stuck in and won his challenges and worked his socks off.

The only real negative was that there a lot of tired looking players at the end. You can see the injuries coming. Gomes was feeling his hamstring. I saw Hwang rubbing his hamstring just before the kick-off so not a surprise when he went down a few minutes later. Thinking back Cunha was strapped up for a game or two before he eventually went down.
Its could be a diffficult run in.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang looks like he's been struggling last two games and think we have burnt him out he's never really had a consistent run in a whole season injury free and he's been getting lots of niggles. Didn't look great
He was well off it tonight, don’t think he passed the ball to one of our players all game. Huge risk relying on him to stay fit too as he does pick up injuries.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was going to post the same mate. We need proper cover in the summer. Surely the people above need to know this.
we’re effectively three injuries down now in our front three, no amount of cover would do. you could argue with more players we would have rested some, which is fair.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we’re effectively three injuries down now in our front three, no amount of cover would do. you could argue with more players we would have rested some, which is fair.
Need more players clear squad needs to be bigger with better quality . Surely Gon is playing into being supported the further we go in cup the higher we look up in league

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I really don't like watching games on the TV, my heart rate was through the roof in the second half. It was a gutsy performance and a fortunate win, but great to have a QF lined up at home. Brilliant. Good defending. To hold Brighton to zero goals in two games takes some doing. As everyone else has said, the only concern now is injuries. Hopefully Gomes and Lemina are okay, especially with a game away at Newcastle in two and a half days.

Such is the life of a football fan, I'm already thinking about the team for Saturday if it's the worst case scenario. Probably Doyle alongside Traore and Bellegarde instead of Hwang.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto looked like he pulled towards the end, hope he isnt injured.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a defensive display - they were all heroes IMHO.
Santi Bueno alongside Kilman and Toti Gomes were a great central defensive pairing.
Doherty and Tommy Doyle also deserve mentioning.
I really hope we do not end up with serious injuries.
Gomes worries me...
Anyhoo what a result,
COYW!! :) :) :)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need more players clear squad needs to be bigger with better quality . Surely Gon is playing into being supported the further we go in cup the higher we look up in league
but as i said including Sasa we are three players down there and no amount of cover would potentially do.
We do need more players, especially up top, but we have to ackonwledge the circumstances too.
i may be contradicting myself a little i know.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defence!
Defence!
Defence!
Defence!

Great defensive performance.
Go to be pleased with that aspect

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as I heard the draw my nerves were 10x as worse. After 2019, I thought it would be a long time before that sort of opportunity arose again, and yes Coventry are decent, but come on, if we turn up we're going to Wembley. Molineux needs to be right at it as well, which it will be.

The way we play at the moment, it might be better for us if it's Coventry who turn up!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a long way to come on a Wednesday evening just to get ****housed.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Brighton must be a frustrating team to watch. Pass, pass, pass, get in behind, pass back, pass, pass, pass.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was well off it tonight, don’t think he passed the ball to one of our players all game. Huge risk relying on him to stay fit too as he does pick up injuries.
Only question mark against GON tonight. Hwang should have been subbed before he pulled his hamstring, just because of how off it he looked. Half time would've been appropriate.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think/hope he was tongue in cheek as there were a few people moaning about her in the comms thread.

I thought she was good.
She was awful
A couple of examples

Yellow shirts ffs
Wolves have tested Steele more , said when both sides had one shot on target

I could go on. She and Karen Carney rarely come up with any insightful punditry or co commentary. The female equivalent of listening to Dion Dublin or Michael Owen who are also absolute tosh as co commentators

Back
Top Bottom