Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Verdict

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of many.. any worse than Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich, Brentford etc.

When we’re bad we’re rancid. When we’re good we scrape a win. The mentality of this squad is depressing to watch. Every win is a grind, every defeat is well-deserved.

Totally agree with the mentality of the squad. They look scared and safety first all of the time. Some have lost pace and look shot as well.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of many.. any worse than Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich, Brentford etc.

When we’re bad we’re rancid. When we’re good we scrape a win. The mentality of this squad is depressing to watch. Every win is a grind, every defeat is well-deserved.
I agree that we are so bad when we are bad. It's a little depressing. It's no surprise that we struggle when going behind. The defenders go to absolute pot when we go one down and start all playing as Beckenbauer

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I had a feeling that a performance of this nature, tools downed, was round the corner soon. A bit like the last rites under Nuno. You could just tell.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 ****ing right wingers on the bench and he plays dendoncker there.
You can point at our lack of investment all you like, but there are no excuses for that.

I wouldn't be disappointed if lage was gone tonight.
This is the most baffling thing. Is he doing it on purpose to get the sack?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit for the first time in a long time i was embarrassed watching that
I expected to lose the game before kick off but not like that
Cant even say Brighton wanted it more than us, they didnt even have to try
No shape, no desire ,no fight, nothing
I havent criticised Bruno before, but im beginning to think hes lost the dressing room,either that or he just cant manage a team
Theres no excuse for the performance today,or indeed over the last month its disgraceful
I could go on and on but theres no point ,its plain for all to see where we are heading next season unless theres a dramatic clear out from top to bottom

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stagnation is the key word.

We have players who are largely not motivated to play for a tactically-limited coach who was hired on the cheap by a board that are more interested in bean-counting than any genuine ambition to move to the next level. A squad whose best players are either ageing or eyeing a move away, with few genuinely exciting young stars, who play slow turgid football and have been broadly figured out by most opposition teams.

A wholesale breaking up of the squad is required in the Summer, or we are going to be in the same situation as last year - making up the numbers at best, or sleepwalking into the relegation dogfight at worst.
Isn’t it more the way they are set up? Large had them playing attacking football the opening games of the season. We lost those games because none of the team could hit a barn door from 10 yards and Large pretty much reverting to Nuno ball most of the games after to 2-0 loss to Brentford.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue is, you keep a group together for too long who have overachieved and they start believing their own hype and have too much power at the club. Happened for a while with Leicester until Rodgers came in and freshened things up enough.

Fosun either need to get rid of Bruno or they need to give him a blank chequebook and buy him the exact type of players he wants. Any players with too much “power” who are likely to find their cushy starting spot under threat need moving on asap before they become poison.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That last sentence really sums it up. And it is "this squad" as it's been like this for ages. Absolutely like it since Jota & Doc left - "every winb a grind, every defeat well-deserved". But there were some like that even before then. It has to be this squad? Even in the halcyon days of finishing 7th and scoring more than a goal a game, we'd so often only score 3 of the opponent scored 2. Or we'd score 2 if they scored 1. It's like we can't control a match, just react to the opponents and counter them - and it's so deeply ingrained they just can't shake it off.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Run this club into the ground'.

lol

Tenth most valuable club in England.

Just listened to Bruno post-match. I'm glad he said it's the worst performance of the season as it definitely was.

Yep, it's really lol how they have run the club for the last few years.

The only saleable asset we have is Neves given the utter ****fest that has been our transfer policy.

The whole club is as dull as dishwater.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is our average shots/ game this season. Dont understand why every other team shoots and we dont.
Bruno was brought in to make us a more attacking unit, which was based on his half season in charge of Benfica when they were scoring goals for fun.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, it's really lol how they have run the club for the last few years.

The only saleable asset we have is Neves given the utter ****fest that has been our transfer policy.

The whole club is as dull as dishwater.
Sa? Kilman? Coady? Podence? Neto? RAN?

Baby + bath water!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno was brought in to make us a more attacking unit, which was based on his half season in charge of Benfica when they were scoring goals for fun.
I like most just can’t believe the difference between the first 3 games to pretty much everything else we’ve served up this season. Was Lage so concerned with our finishing that he abandoned it or was it just the players being up for a new season? If it’s the former and he backed down from his methods so easily then maybe that shows his character? Yes we had no points but we weren’t going to keep missing guilt edge chances surely. It really was a joy to watch.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our lack of transfer activity has come home to roost. Without Podence, Neves, Kilman and not back to best after injury Neto and Jiminez, we are lacking a lot of depth and we have paid the price.

Sacking a manager who has got us to eighth, in the Premier League, after 40 years of playing Crewe and Oldham, would be ridiculous in my opinion.

Everyone, or at least most people on here want Wolves to progress and to be challenging for Europe, however you have to balance bringing in talented hopefuls, with bringing in quality reinforcements. We haven't got that balance right, but we are still eighth. I hope we can learn lessons from these injuries and lack of depth and do some good business in the summer.
Nuno got us to 7th, twice, and was still sacked. Just saying ....

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Terrible performance. I think a few players know they are on their way out.

I think if we lose against Norwich Bruno will be sacked. That's the yardstick. Unless we totally capitulate against the other 3.

Absolutely woeful. Players have given up.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was pretty damn bad!
However after an hour so, Wolves ay we! It's rocking in the Billy Wright and it's a long weekend and we ain't getting relegated. There's beer on the table and I know a lot of you on molmix from seeing you post for a long time.
Football was dreadful but right now?
**** it! Wolves ay we! ****ing great!

Edit: ffs. They've gone from ska and the liquidator to ****ing making your mind up.....what the hell??
Just like our season really.
What has happened to the Billy Wright? To Wolves? Sack the ****ing dj unless things change immediately!

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, these valuable players are really proving their worth.

Absolutely no personality vs the side that came up and played the first season back.

Cowards.
That wasn't the point you made though. They'd all have very good value! But I'm just argumentative because I hate wolves losing

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ve been dire the last 3 games but I personally think we’ve been pretty poor most of the season. As one poster perfectly summed us up “even when we’ve won it’s largely been hands over the eyes, desperate for the final whistle kind of stuff”. I really fear for next season. We’re not a Chelsea who have the luxury of bringing in a number of players for the future but our recruitment seems to be more on potential, rather than the here and now. We’re now in a position where half a dozen first team ready players are needed.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticeable that our performances, desire and results have taken a dip since Bruno called out Ki Jana Hoever,

is this just a coincidence or did he loose the players by ranting in the press conference, does this explain some of his selections and substitutions
Said it at the time that he has written his own obituary by calling out the players like that, he has neither the pedigree or authority to do that, and it has looked like they're finished with him ever since.

Reactions: Ian

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wasn't the point you made though. They'd all have very good value! But I'm just argumentative because I hate wolves losing
And who would buy the players you mention for this value?

Push comes to shove and they all go missing.

Neves and Neto apart, I'd wave the rest off. Since our 1st season back, our transfer record has been ****.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict - Takes Fabio off and leaves Hwang on for 90 minutes for the third time in a row.

Bruno’s gotta go. At this point it’s a personal vendetta if he can’t see how crap Hwang is and how bright Fabio has looked lately.
That is assuming Bruno is making the decisions. I have my doubts. Maybe we should look a little bit higher and look at how Nuno became more and more impotent with the team.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it more the way they are set up? Large had them playing attacking football the opening games of the season. We lost those games because none of the team could hit a barn door from 10 yards and Large pretty much reverting to Nuno ball most of the games after to 2-0 loss to Brentford.
We beat Watford and destroyed Forest in that time, we just were awful vs Brentford and he **** the bed.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree with the mentality of the squad. They look scared and safety first all of the time. Some have lost pace and look shot as well.
Seems like Sellars is the new Moxey, infecting the whole place with a new wave of zero expectation and dull mediocrity at best!!

Bruno has to date got 4 more points than last season so we’ll finish in a better position. However, for a supposedly attacking coach our goals scored is as bad as last season with nil from our last 3 games. We’re barely creating chances so the system he plays isn’t going to produce the goods it seems to me, no matter who we bring in. And that’s now 7 out of the last 10 games.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Gedwolf

Reaction score
HE LOST
Most of my mates are firmly in the Lage out camp now after this shambles today and most of them are happy clappers, unbelievably. Most also agree that Fosun need to get their arses in gear this summer with a quality head coach and some quality signings.
He lost his players at Benfica and it now appears that he has lost the dressing room here. He seems hard to like and can't seem to motivate the players, maybe due to his odd decisions with substitutes, the team selection, not giving some players a chance or for his unneccessary public digging out of the younger players.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict - Takes Fabio off and leaves Hwang on for 90 minutes for the third time in a row.

Bruno’s gotta go. At this point it’s a personal vendetta if he can’t see how crap Hwang is and how bright Fabio has looked lately.
Fabio was yet again good on the ball and had some nice touches well outside the box but i say it again and await the abuse... He's no striker

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one on the pitch or in the crowd were bothered all game apart from the 12 year olds in the Brighton end who kept miming milking cows to Wolves fans. They seemed to have a good day….

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Couldn’t put it better myself and very much how I feel currently with this squad.

Sure, the times are way better than we have had it in the not so distant past, but we’re currently stagnating.

I don’t see any leaders in this squad, hence why when we go a goal down we don’t get back into games. I also don’t see any game changers, which is equally worrying.

Some big decisions needed in the summer. Hope the club make the right ones.

Back
Top Bottom