Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Verdict

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, looking more into it, you could well be right. Brighton fans aren't just like Wolves fans after all.

Brighton fans tolerate their manager whose taken them to 9th. Wolves fans want their manager sacked for taking them to 8th. Brighton fans have never booed their team at home despite several poor performances. (0-3 defeat to Burnley in a run of 5 home matches without scoring a goal). Wolves fans were booing at the interval yesterday and at various times in the past month. It's not a good look for some of our "so-called" fans, is it?
Brighton play good football , ours is ****.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the first time, either, is it? We were well placed in the post-lockdown run in, but more mysterious under-performing followed ending with us falling just a little short of the small squad being sent on more gruelling trips around Europe. Coincidence?
Well, it is the first time. Unless you think we deliberately relied on Arsenal beating Chelsea in the FA Cup Final to prevent us getting a second consecutive season in the Europa League

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn’t even have to try. We could of played Harrow and lost. It was shocking those players should be fined 2 weeks wages for that performance and get Neil Warnock in for an old school style training session. Wake them up a little

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They can't score goals, though! Like us, they've been like it for a long time. Very similar to us in that respect. It's the lack of goal scoring preventing both us and them from really challenging that top 6. The rest is more than good enough, especially considering resources available.

I just checked their XG, and it is way ahead of ours both this seasons and last - though their actual goals scored is about the same. Shows that they are creating chances , it is that finisher they lack. Even when we were 7th and they were 15th, they were not far behind us on XG. So yes, win lose or draw, they are better to watch than us and have been for at least 3 seasons. Unless you like watching a well organised defence. :D

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno was brought in because he was cheap, wouldn’t moan at the lack of support from the board and is Portuguese.
Probably correct. Time to jettison the Portugal bias on and off the pitch. One of the more pathetic performances I've ever seen - even when we lost 5-0 at home v Barnsley (?) there was no lack of effort.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you may be correct. However, that would mean the club and players would lose income.
Players throwing it away this season in spite they maybe moved on?? Very low bar. Nobody is better or bigger than the club

As others have said, it’s definitely time to clear the decks. Unacceptable and unprofessional at any level

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

Flew in from the USA, set out from Heathrow at 11:30, must have got at least 1 speeding ticket on the M42, got into Wolvo in time for one Guinness before the match. I turned up the ****ing team didn’t.
I'd write a letter to the chairman explaining that. I feel for you fella.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't remember when I last felt so angry and dejected following a Wolves performance.

Last few results and performances have been disappointing and have highlighted that we aren't good enough for a European spot - this is disappointing on the day but in context Bruno and the players have done well in allowing us to dream a little with what the squad we have.

This game was different though.....the only players that for me come out with any credit are Neves (despite not playing for a good month looked our best hope) and I don't think Coady did much wrong, especially given the shambolic performances that were being trotted out alongside him by the other CH's.

The biggest reason behind my anger is that the players genuinely didn't look like they gave a whatsit and showed no real effort or fight - and barely went through the motions - even the likes of Jonny (who I can't previously remember ever really having a bad game) was truly awful with the ball and was casually jogging back at best when he'd been caught in possession.

My genuine feelings were the club are lucky that fans don't have to pay on the way out and that I honestly felt conned into going to what I expected to be a competitive game of football.

My message to Wolves would be: if the players and coaching staff can't be bothered to properly turn up for a game at least be honest, open and up-front about it and then it at least saves the rest of us wasting our time going along to watch a team that can't be bothered to compete.

Back
Top Bottom