Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton v Wolves predictions

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With my feet closer to the ground, at least I'm hoping so, I'll go for a close game with a few goals ending in our favour, say, 2-3

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best team I have seen at Wolves this season.

Mid-low press. Take responsibility for runners, particularly for transition turnovers.

Head 3-1 Brighton. Heart 2-2 or 1-2.
Win lose or draw what about abandoned match :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope our players will rise to the occation and be able to at least do not leave Brighton empty handed. We shall not be playing under the sun as we did in the past when our team was beaten heavily.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our current form is better than theirs and our lads have this fantastic self belief that they can come from behind and still get a winner.

Just might get this done.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predict goals... that's about it! We're occasionally playing some really nice stuff in and around the box and Brighton will leave spaces, if we're incisive on the night we can score three or four, just need to keep them out at the other end

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think in all my time only see one win, could be wrong, but our ultimate bogey team, 3-1 defeat.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My optimistic post:

We are a different team to the one that played them earlier in the season.
They haven’t played since Jan 6th.
The extra time in our legs might have done our lads good after the mini break.
We have to beat them some time.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Fraser to come on and rescue a point, or three

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best team I have seen at Wolves this season.

Mid-low press. Take responsibility for runners, particularly for transition turnovers.

Head 3-1 Brighton. Heart 2-2 or 1-2.
This is key. Don’t play into Brighton’s hands, and they’re a completely different proposition.

Sit in deep and frustrate, takes away their biggest weapon. Their worst results as of late are against the perennially camped deep Wet Spam, and Villa who are happy to do so when it suits them, which Emery usually knows.

Result could be absolutely anything largely dependant on approach. If we go aggressively pressing them, could be another tonking, 4-0 Brighton.
Resolute ****-housery by us, could fancy a sneaky 2-1 to the good guys.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is key. Don’t play into Brighton’s hands, and they’re a completely different proposition.

Sit in deep and frustrate, takes away their biggest weapon. Their worst results as of late are against the perennially camped deep Wet Spam, and Villa who are happy to do so when it suits them, which Emery usually knows.

Result could be absolutely anything largely dependant on approach. If we go aggressively pressing them, could be another tonking, 4-0 Brighton.
Resolute ****-housery by us, could fancy a sneaky 2-1 to the good guys.

Villa thrashed them by stepping off and going longer from the keeper.

Perfect game for Cunha and Neto to shine on the counter.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am expecting to lose this, so anything other than a defeat would be a bonus. They seem to have a kind of hex over us going back many years, and I dread playing them every season. The name of Peter Ward always comes up every time I think of them. If we do manage to beat them, I will really start believing in this team.
Brighton 3 Wolves 1

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be happy with solid point here. Keep the run going.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have confidence, play the game. Never know with Wolves. Why we love them
Exactly. They’re a good side but so are we when we click. They didn’t beat The Blades or Burnley and we’re demonstrably better than they are. I’m not saying we will win but this negativity disguised as circumspection is a bit much.
We’ve as much chance as anyone in any game of footy.
Brighton 7-0 Wolves…

….joking! Probably 2-2.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It will be a tough game and a point would be a good result, they are a good team but so are we, we are only 3 points behind them.

When we played them at the start of the year the team was in a mess but since then GON has steadied the ship and implemented his own style and we had 10 minutes after half time where we gave away 3 goals, the other 80 we did okay.

We are in good form at the so hopefully we can beat the two albions in a week starting off its better to be playing the bigger of the two first.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Got a feeling we’ll sneak this one 0-1, Cunha pops up just after the break and then it’s all hands to the pump!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t fancy us even at full strength. Add the players we are missing and the fact that I am going to the game and I sadly see us being on the receiving end.

Still, this team has something about it now, some togetherness and some resilience so you never know.
So it’s your fault if we lose!! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah. I'm up high near Falmer, winds died down. Amex is dug down in a valley. Forecast says it creep up again around 5 - 6pm but not expected to be as strong as last night, which was a mare.
Good stuff, cheers for the local knowledge!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With how we have grown during this season, it will be a much closer game than April and August’s humblings.

I will go with a 1-2 to the Wanderers and Cunha to continue his good run.

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Avoid stupid 'early' mistakes and think we could sneak this one 1 nil, we're overdue...!!!

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its got all the hallmarks of a 3-2 either way.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is everyone so scared of Brighton? They've won 1 of their last 5 games and only 2 of their last 5 at home, including draws against Everton, Burnley and Sheff Utd. Yes, they are at home but we are in much better form over even the last 15 games, let alone the last 5. The players that tortured us at Molineux are all missing and they are having to rely on a 38 yr old James Milner, a 34 yr old Danny Welbeck and a 19 yr old with 12 games to his name.
For me, "scarred" perhaps, but not scared.
Their recent track record against us us good, and many like myself many are still recovering from the last trip there.
"Tortured"; I'm sure you're referring to Mitoma so if he's not present then that's a godsend.
Seem to recall some young guy coming on for Mitoma (?) last season at their place and he picked up where his team mate left off. Could do with him not being present too as our defenders struggled with his direct runs.

geowolf

Reaction score
As a believer in life's symmetries I'll go for BHA 1 Wolves 4. Can't wait now!

Back
Top Bottom