Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton v Wolves predictions

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will take a draw now !! A point or more would be a fantastic result

It will be interesting to see what tactics GON uses in this game to stop their threat

i will go for a hopeful 1 -1 but hope for a sneaky 2 - 1 to us

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a bogey team for us we never seem to play well against them
Ill take a draw right now especially away but expect a loss 2-1

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since getting creamed at Villa Park, Brighton have only lost twice in their following 19 in all competitions, European or domestic (which came at City and Arsenal). They're just an outstanding side these days. It's going to be really difficult for us, and we'll need to be much more solid than we were against Brentford, just to get a point. Would very much be looking to start Dawson and Lemina if possible. Optimistic of a point, realistic of a loss by one or two goals.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Feel like Semedo is sleeping easier knowing that Mitoma isn't fit or in the country. Hoping for something, big few weeks ahead that will shape the rest of the season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think they’ve played since the cup game on the 6th of January? So over a fortnight off. That could work to our advantage like it seemed to when we played Brentford after they’d had a lay off.

Would be delighted with a draw though.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A win seems too much to comprehend in the sense of fortune overturn and the hype it would bring.
I do think Chan and Ait-nouri are big misses, with no players similar to come in for them. Neto returning is a huge boost though, has to start.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season we usually score and they usually concede so I'll go 3-3. Neto, Cunha and Bellegarde to score.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m usually super optimistic so I’ll use a bit of reverse psychology and say 2-0 Brighton.

In all seriousness it’s an incredibly difficult game regardless of missing players. Gomes is the one for me that we’ll miss most. I think it’s a game we’d probably gone with 3 central midfielders as that’s where they dominate teams but we can’t really. Perhaps we go really brave and have a go at them but I see a fairly routine win as they’re a very good side

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be careful not to build Brighton up to the point where we think they are unbeatable by us. Their last 10 games in the League have seen them pick up less than half the points available and go P10 W3 D5 L2. This includes defeat by Chelsea and draws against Burnley & Sheff Utd. They've scored 15 and concealed 14 in that time.

They're not the same team that beat us comfortably earlier in the season and we shouldn't go in thinking the best we can hope for is a lucky draw. Their last line up had to include Milner and Welbeck. They are missing Adingra, Mitoma, Fati, Lamptey, March and Encisci. Are we favourites? No. Are we capable of beating them. Very much so

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont think Gary would ever in the league, but is there any appetite for resting players for wba?
Players looked leggy, cunha had cramp at end of ET in cup. Players like Neto and Lemina who havent featured fully recently will be bound to play but interested if anyone would do differently knowing the importance of the cup fixture. Also get resting players no guarantee of a win in the next match.
Can see a brighton victory being away and bogey team. even with their players out

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Aah, those teams in blue and white ****ing stripes!
Even a goal would be great, so hopefully Sa has a great game in goal for us to get a point or three.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since getting creamed at Villa Park, Brighton have only lost twice in their following 19 in all competitions, European or domestic (which came at City and Arsenal). They're just an outstanding side these days. It's going to be really difficult for us, and we'll need to be much more solid than we were against Brentford, just to get a point. Would very much be looking to start Dawson and Lemina if possible. Optimistic of a point, realistic of a loss by one or two goals.
Yes and madness to think if we win we would be level on points with them. (worse goal difference).

It's a massive game if we are serious about Europe. But has gone in to the background bit after the cup draw, but we have 3 tough league games with teams around us.

Would be happy with a draw so going 2-2

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s only Brighton, we are Wolves , only a win will do

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best team I have seen at Wolves this season.

Mid-low press. Take responsibility for runners, particularly for transition turnovers.

Head 3-1 Brighton. Heart 2-2 or 1-2.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think Gary would ever in the league, but is there any appetite for resting players for wba?
Players looked leggy, cunha had cramp at end of ET in cup. Players like Neto and Lemina who havent featured fully recently will be bound to play but interested if anyone would do differently knowing the importance of the cup fixture. Also get resting players no guarantee of a win in the next match.
Can see a brighton victory being away and bogey team. even with their players out
No way we should be resting players in the league. They will have had ample recovery time from the Brentford game by Monday night and then have another 5 full days for recovery before playing the ****. We are an extremely fit team so it really shouldn't be an issue

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aah, those teams in blue and white ****ing stripes!
Even a goal would be great, so hopefully Sa has a great game in goal for us to get a point or three.
Think Sa should do away with that cerise number as their players might think, if I keep the ball away from that bright beacon in front of me, I've got every chance of scoring.
Prediction: 2-1 to somebody.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is everyone so scared of Brighton? They've won 1 of their last 5 games and only 2 of their last 5 at home, including draws against Everton, Burnley and Sheff Utd. Yes, they are at home but we are in much better form over even the last 15 games, let alone the last 5. The players that tortured us at Molineux are all missing and they are having to rely on a 38 yr old James Milner, a 34 yr old Danny Welbeck and a 19 yr old with 12 games to his name.

Reaction score
One of the toughest games of the season.

They've often given us a good hiding and my 2 visits there have resulted in a 10-1 aggregate score so far so I'm not hopeful.

My head says they will win comfortably (3-0?) but my heart says we can come away with a draw. I just hope we can avoid injuries and/or a red card ahead of the BCD

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No way we should be resting players in the league. They will have had ample recovery time from the Brentford game by Monday night and then have another 5 full days for recovery before playing the ****. We are an extremely fit team so it really shouldn't be an issue
yep felt silly suggesting it but was surprised quite how leggy we looked at end of the brentford game and how much they were pressing at the end and looked so much more energetic than us especially after our warm weather trip. (I get that they were pushing for a goal and had played slow tempo rest of the game)

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is everyone so scared of Brighton? They've won 1 of their last 5 games and only 2 of their last 5 at home, including draws against Everton, Burnley and Sheff Utd. Yes, they are at home but we are in much better form over even the last 15 games, let alone the last 5. The players that tortured us at Molineux are all missing and they are having to rely on a 38 yr old James Milner, a 34 yr old Danny Welbeck and a 19 yr old with 12 games to his name.
The 19 year is probably nailed on to score against us then.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's ok everyone, we ARE going to win this one.

I always go to this, every year since I've been down here (about 30 years) . However my boss has booked me on a course that will see me and a colleague being away Monday/Tuesday, so I can't go. We are bound to win with me not being there
My colleague is a Brighton season ticket holder, so he's ****ed off he's missing them score lots of goals.
The biggest insult?
The course we are on is in West Brom, so whichever pub we are at will bound to be full of boggies supporting Brighton.
While the team are travelling down, we'll be heading the other way...

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About time we beat these ****ers. I think we will.

Brighton 1 Wolves 2

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t fancy us even at full strength. Add the players we are missing and the fact that I am going to the game and I sadly see us being on the receiving end.

Still, this team has something about it now, some togetherness and some resilience so you never know.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's ok everyone, we ARE going to win this one.

I always go to this, every year since I've been down here (about 30 years) . However my boss has booked me on a course that will see me and a colleague being away Monday/Tuesday, so I can't go. We are bound to win with me not being there
My colleague is a Brighton season ticket holder, so he's ****ed off he's missing them score lots of goals.
The biggest insult?
The course we are on is in West Brom, so whichever pub we are at will bound to be full of boggies supporting Brighton.
While the team are travelling down, we'll be heading the other way...
If we win can you promise to never go again :grinning:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The week after they hammered us at home West Ham turned them over in Brighton simply by sitting back and counter-attacking at pace. We have the players to do the same (Cunha, Neto), if GON can organise the midfield and defence.

Back
Top Bottom