Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brexit's Impact on Wolves and the Premier League

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Brexit means no immigration, just more controls, which will probably be fairly ineffective anyway. Anyone know details of the proposed new rules for EU nationals?
In many ways the ongoing FA desire to reduce the number of foreign players could be more important, though like a lot of others pushing out unpalatable news they may blame Brexit.
Lots of British citizens of African and Asian origin voted for Brexit. Not because they wanted less immigration but because they wanted different immigration (more people like them, less Eastern Europeans)....

D

Deleted member 3573J

Hopefully, new rules are brought so we will see more English players coming through academies, I think they've lost their meaning in the last 10 years or so. Clubs are more and more just filling their youth teams with 16, 17, 18 year olds from all over the world, once they reach 20 or 21 they are passed off as homegrown. To me an academy should be for local kids first and foremost, nothing better than seeing someone like Gibbs-White come through and shine in the first team.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Hopefully, new rules are brought so we will see more English players coming through academies, I think they've lost their meaning in the last 10 years or so. Clubs are more and more just filling their youth teams with 16, 17, 18 year olds from all over the world, once they reach 20 or 21 they are passed off as homegrown. To me an academy should be for local kids first and foremost, nothing better than seeing someone like Gibbs-White come through and shine in the first team.
This in Spades

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

When we leave we have to look at our exports and the Prem is a massive export the world, as is our entertainment industry as a whole, so I'd hope when we leave the EU the government is open to allowing workers in to the country who will benefit us as a whole in terms of producing a product that will generate income, so stopping sexy foreign footballers makes our game look like Iain Dowie and so it makes less selling around the world

And I’m sure the Government would miss the taxes Ozil, Pogba etc are paying on their £300k a week...

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Truth be told, most of the top clubs treat their academies now as a revenue stream rather than a means of developing players for themselves. Chelsea being the prime example - sign the best teenagers from around Europe on long term deals, continue to loan them out then sell them on for profit when they’ve got three or four years first team experience. Depending on who’s figures you take as gospel, they made anything between £10m and £18m profit on Lukaku (plus any sell-on that they would have received from Everton) and he only played 15 times for their first team. Similar with Nathan Ake who went to Bournemouth for around £20m.

Back
Top Bottom