Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford Verdict

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are 4-4-2 have been for months....I keep saying it but people disagree ...yes rayan gets back and helps at times but he is very much a left midfielder.....when O'Neil said he didn't change the formation at west ham , he was right ...he just used bellegarde instead of Rayan or Bueno ..

If people still don't get it....watch the warm up Shaun Derry does with the defence....it's a 4 .....Rayan is nowhere to be seen.....Toti is very much a left back.....the problem against west ham was he didn't sit , just kept bombing forward....
Upfront when the oppositions’ defenders have the ball it usually looks like a 3 to me - last night Cunha, Hwang, Sarabia.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman probably runs at the same speed as doc also.
Maybe, but Doc is supposed to run much faster than Max and cover way more ground. He always had a decent engine and was pretty athletic, winning everything in the air etc.

He’s never been the best defensively but he’s weaker there too, he got skinned yesterday and made to look like a pub player, thankfully RAN cleared well at the back post.

I love him but he’s miles off the pace currently and don’t see much of the stability he’s supposed to be bringing.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but Doc is supposed to run much faster than Max and cover way more ground. He always had a decent engine and was pretty athletic, winning everything in the air etc.

He’s never been the best defensively but he’s weaker there too, he got skinned yesterday and made to look like a pub player, thankfully RAN cleared well at the back post.

I love him but he’s miles off the pace currently.

I don't think his off the pace currently..

His legs are going so against players like Potter last night he'll struggle from now on. He won't get that back now.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I love him but he’s miles off the pace currently.
If we are serious about upgrading players then you have to look at Max and say we can get better same for Doc. Up to hobbs to figure that out.

Summer will be a big window for us. Hopefully we don’t let too many stars leave at once but when we are playing well. Ait-Nouri, Neto, Kilman could all fetch a huge profit margin. Something that needs to be managed appropriately too much change at once will be detrimental. Sa also, characters that are good for the locker room are important. So is selling players at their highest value, brighton style. Which is the path we are now on, sustainability

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are serious about upgrading players then you have to look at Max and say we can get better same for Doc. Up to hobbs to figure that out.

Summer will be a big window for us. Hopefully we don’t let too many stars leave at once but when we are playing well. Ait-Nouri, Neto, Kilman could all fetch a huge profit margin. Something that needs to be managed appropriately too much change at once will be detrimental. Sa also, characters that are good for the locker room are important. So is selling players at their highest value, brighton style. Which is the path we are now on, sustainability
There's no way the club captain who has played every minute will go, certainly not in January. As for Doc, you'd get no money for him and he's a great option on the bench, as he can come on and play anywhere really.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I don't see the matches but monitor X (Liam Keen and Nathan Judah); BBC website and Molineux Mix to keep in touch with the games, I would like to ask two questions.

1) Reviews of Bueno's performance were mixed, some suggesting he was poor, others saying he grew into the game and had an excellent second half. Should he play against Everton and if so who should be dropped?

2) Though Doc's introduction was greeted at the time with expressions of concern by fans and he appears to have made an early error, few comments appeared in the post match comments about his overall performance. Tring, who I believe to be a fair and accurate assessor of players performance gave Doc a 6 and was surprised at his introduction. Some one else commented he appeared to be more match fit, suggesting perhaps a better performance than expected. A friend of mine who attends Irish games has suggested that he is finished as an international player, yet GON persists in using him as a sub and has expressed his unhappiness at not being able to give him more game time. My thoughts at the time at Docs introduction, was less about his defensive capabilities and more that he was a goal threat. Anyone care to comment?
As has been mentioned, think Doherty's introduction was more to protect Semedo's fitness. I was concerned at the sub because Brentford were on top and he doesn't have the legs anymore. Got rinsed by Lewis-Potter in his first involvement but fortunately we shored up that side afterwards and don't think he had a chance to run at him again (the exact kind of situation we'd go mad about if Neto had someone on toast and we 'stopped' giving him the ball!). He did ok after that first involvement

Bueno will probably make way for Dawson but there's a player there. My opinion is he grew into the game after a shaky start and think he just needs game time. I'm pretty certain we'll see him start at Brentford again next week

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Four goals away from home, a win in the capital, vindication that selling Collins and keeping Kilman were the right calls, Hwang getting to double figures for the season and a Neto return. What's not to like!
Quite a bit reading this thread!

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
Was very fortunate but the positive intent shown helped us capitalise on the mistakes. Was a very different attitude to the West Ham game it seemed to me - just more desire and energy.

Support massively better than West Ham also. Fans were superb.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was an enjoyable watch. Great to see more through balls behind the defence for Hwang to run onto.

I think we are more porous at the back because with my eyes it looks like when we are in possession that toti plays more as a left back with ait-nouri playing further forward in midfield.

It was also good to see Sa resort to kicking long to avoid the Brentford press.

Finishes by Hwang were excellent.
Yep. Don’t think we did one short pass out from him. More comfortable however the ball often comes back at you if we don’t win the 50-50

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely flattered us.. as did the Chelsea result tbh.. but, I can’t help but think that’s a good sign?

Most importantly, we are in ever game.. and able to win games that we don’t necessarily control.
Definitely. We basically did to Brentford what Brighton did to us earlier in the season and people were ****ing over Brighton and in full crisis mode over that one so let’s have some positivity now we are the ones winning by flattering margins

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Ran, absolute class, superb feet and application. Well done sir
Yes, he has grown alot over the last 12 months; solid defensively, great footwork with the ball when gliding past opposition players like they do not exist, and can even tackle now.
Looks the real deal already as a wingback!

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Definitely flattered us.. as did the Chelsea result tbh.. but, I can’t help but think that’s a good sign?

Most importantly, we are in ever game.. and able to win games that we don’t necessarily control.
Lot's of people say it flattered us but in the past we would have conceded 1 then huffed and puffed without ever looked like scoring, but now we're proactive and can score pretty much at will which makes it great to be a Wolves supporter now.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
I am not miserable, but I am realistic. You can see when you read through this thread the ones that see the game for what it is and the ones that see the result for what it is. For me the result and the performance are two separate things and one does not always follow from the other. I am happy to win, happy to celebrate some goals but as others have said we have played better and lost... We are not going to get handed two goals in most games. The penalty area ping pong isn't going to end up in Sa's hands every week. And top flight players don't keep missing one on ones like they did for Chelsea.

We need to defend much better than we are at the moment and be more composed at the back, we want a striker and a winger yet we are scoring regularly. We never keep a clean sheet though, even though we have two excellent defensive midfielders. Sort that out and we are in the top six.
You are 100% correct but as low as I felt after West Ham I'm as high as a kite after Brentford even though there was positives from WH and negatives from last night, but from all my years supporting Wolves I would say just enjoy the thrill of winning 4-1 away.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we're more of a team, but not a better one. Neves would improve this team, make no mistake. What we'd got to though is everyone in the team would take the easy pass to Neves and let him dictate, so people wouldn't take responsibility. Now, no Neves, no safe go-to, so take some responsibility yourself and some players have come out of their shells and are looking better for it. But Neves would still improve this team
No he wouldn’t, lemina and Gomes make us a better team.
No doubt he’s a cracking player by he would be far better in a 4-3-3
He slows the play down which is what we don’t want to do in our current set up

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha. There are comments amongst this thread that make it sound like - We lose and we’re **** but if we win (by a ****ing clear margin) we’re also **** because we could have lost because we weren’t playing well enough or some of our players should not be used as subs or the game management wasn’t good enough or the stats show we should have conceded more and scored less or VAR wasn’t working properly.

Forgive me if I take the win and bask in a 4-1 demolition of another PL team.

There’s no pleasing some.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to Kilman, a centre half has to be able to read the game and has less ground to cover. Both Nuno and GON have tried Matt at centre-half. Presumably it is a position he could provide emergency cover in.
I’m excited by the prospect of Mosquera if I’m honest

Winning the MLS prob about champ level. Why not

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed Gomes and Cunha waving at a couple of people at the end of the game who could themselves have been of same nationality.
It's great to see others following Wolves from different countries who may have made the trip specifically to see the game.
I remember a pre-season game in Switzerland where there was a good contingent of Portuguese, and a lot more recently seeing a group at Molineux who'd come to see Hwang play.
Long may it continue, I say.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot's of people say it flattered us but in the past we would have conceded 1 then huffed and puffed without ever looked like scoring, but now we're proactive and can score pretty much at will which makes it great to be a Wolves supporter now.
Well we got some presents but if you don’t buy a ticket, you don’t win a raffle. We were on the front foot first half and happy to see the game out second. Good game management for me and the fourth a nice bonus .
15 points up on last Xmas albeit from 4 more games .

Not getting carried away. A bad run and we could be sucked into a dogfight. A good run and we could challenge.

O Neil is setting us up in a way that allows entertainment and it’s far more enjoyable to watch

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I don't see the matches but monitor X (Liam Keen and Nathan Judah); BBC website and Molineux Mix to keep in touch with the games, I would like to ask two questions.

1) Reviews of Bueno's performance were mixed, some suggesting he was poor, others saying he grew into the game and had an excellent second half. Should he play against Everton and if so who should be dropped?

2) Though Doc's introduction was greeted at the time with expressions of concern by fans and he appears to have made an early error, few comments appeared in the post match comments about his overall performance. Tring, who I believe to be a fair and accurate assessor of players performance gave Doc a 6 and was surprised at his introduction. Some one else commented he appeared to be more match fit, suggesting perhaps a better performance than expected. A friend of mine who attends Irish games has suggested that he is finished as an international player, yet GON persists in using him as a sub and has expressed his unhappiness at not being able to give him more game time. My thoughts at the time at Docs introduction, was less about his defensive capabilities and more that he was a goal threat. Anyone care to comment?
1. Santi had a shocker of a start, wasn’t switched on at all for their goal, and was culpable when they nearly scored shortly afterwards.
After that however, pretty solid.

2. Doc wasn’t terrible, but Potter gave him some nightmares. Let’s face it, a young, tricky dribbling wide player, you’d much prefer seeing Semedo there, but he needed a rest.
I’m not sure GON is convinced that Doc is some kind of saviour, but he keeps using him to give fullbacks a rest, as they cover an awful lot of ground.

Back
Top Bottom