Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford Verdict

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Possibly the longest game in Premier league history?
Potentially the first game where one team made 5 substitutes?
Probably the first time 2 substitutes were substituted in same game?
Certainly the best time to be a Wolves fan in my lifetime!

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll start by cavaeting that I like Brentford, some of my best pals are Brentford fans and its a club I've been to a few times and its been grand.

Now

****ing go down, stay down, get ****ed you absolute team full of melts. Image of the manager who just can't handle the game, maybe management isn't for him.

Deserved win on the day, absolutely fantastic across the board, shame Traore got robbed to add insult to injury but to man, tried to get us down to 10 (woulda been unjustified I might add), and to win, to keep pace with the European spots.

10/10 for all.
Totally!!

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re going to start with Fabio, Pod or whoever needs to be close to him and not let him get isolated.

Poor until the drone but picked up thereafte.

Terrible defending to leave Toney to score but well taken.

Two very well worked and executed goals from us.

Brentford attacked down our left try to expose RAN and Toti. Both stepped up. We’ve got a player there in Toti.

Pity Adama’s was ruled out for a toenail offside. He’s improving so will be a shame to see him go.

And some great ****housing to pay them back.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva and Podence battled well but were a little isolated at times but some good touches by both and Silva is certainly looking a better player now but needs more support in attack.

Downside for me was Dendoncker. Need a more attack minded option in a central midfield three and Dendoncker just isn't it at all.

Those two paragraphs are inextricably linked - “effect” and “cause”. Find a more attack minded midfielder instead of Dendonker to link midfield and attack and the problem of Silva do Podence being isolated is mitigated.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will probably see thin netting across the top of stadiums if it becomes a problem
Very difficult practically. Brentford have a weird lopsided stadium, and Molineux has gaps between the stands! Will require licencing or a ban on drones...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those two paragraphs are inextricably linked - “effect” and “cause”. Find a more attack minded midfielder instead of Dendonker to link midfield and attack and the problem of Silva do Podence being isolated is mitigated.

Totally agree. Jordao would have been a better option in that position or dare I say it MGW.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those of you wondering:

There will be some tear stained chinos tonight.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot there is swearing on this so don't watch near others or click if you don't like rude words.

Last edited:

meeee67

Reaction score
After in depth tactical analysis of all aspects of the game and players..... My verdict..... We won.......

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not a classic but a good grinder win. First half poor 2nd half very good. Midfield 3 excellent 2nd dig, Neves and Joao controlled game and Dendonker got forward more and put a good aerial shift in.
Full backs superb as usual, defence solid. Sa could do nothing about the goal and didn't have another save to make.

Fabio and Podence isolated, Adama did well when he came on

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree. Jordao would have been a better option in that position or dare I say it MGW.
Well I hat was a fun 2.5 hours match.
Neves and Mouthinio better than ever.
The smile on Adamas face when he scored didn't look like a player who wants to leave.
Silva,,waste of space still..if you re Gona play up front,,,stay up front..and make them defend deeper.
Great win

Very harsh to call Fabio a waste of space, in my opinion. He was left too isolated at times. Not his fault Dendoncker was playing as a no10 behind him. He battled well I thought.

Coeur de Loup

Reaction score
Thought the ref did alright today in what were very tricky circumstances. Got all the decisions right with the help of VAR as it should be.
Agreed - there wasn't much he could do about the injury and drone. And, whether we like it or not, Adama was fractionally offside.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part of me thinks Moutinho has discovered the cure to age, seems to have a spring in his step that wasn't present last season!
One game a week following a reasonable summer break has allowed him to deliver his best. Last season followed a really long season, no break and lots of weeks with two games. The difference is incredible.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Players getting a well earned week off now as well, will help then mentally refresh

VAR OUT

Groupie
Reaction score

Very harsh to call Fabio a waste of space, in my opinion. He was left too isolated at times. Not his fault Dendoncker was playing as a no10 behind him. He battled well I thought.
You get the occasional ****

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Toti gomes was great again today, surprised me better than I thought. First 30mins we were terrible, lucky the drone stopped tbf so bruno could have a word. Thought they all played very well, silva did ok needs to concentrate a little more but he’ll get better. Moutinho really should have scored more goals under nuno, glad he’s doing so now though.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the drone we were the better side and controlled the game without really creating a great deal, though Silva arguably should have made it 2-0 after good work but missing his kick. Great goals, Traore a little unlucky with his being offside and lovely to show what a classless **** Thomas Frank is

Solid away performance though and into the break with things looking quite good

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely delicious, perfect game. A win, 2 good goals and capped by Frank getting sent off for moaning about out sh#thousing.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those of you wondering:

There will be some tear stained chinos tonight.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot there is swearing on this so don't watch near others or click if you don't like rude words.

I remember watching this vid a few years back. I had a pair of chinos like that. Never wore them again after seeing this!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence was effectively playing both forward and midfield today IMO.

Almost as if he was demonstrating tp Donck how you do it...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A hard-earned but deserved victory.

The first half was a stop-start game for obvious reasons. We controlled much of the game though. The game dragged on so much the commentator kept on repeating stats in his notebook.

Gomes put in another terrific performance. There were several good performances, but I would say Podence was the man of the match. I thought his intelligence in finding space and almost acting like a manager on the pitch was excellent.

Poor goal to concede. I think Tony Roberts will be asking questions there.

The dream is alive.

Thomas Frank is a tosspot, pass it on.

Johnny5

Reaction score
Huge win

Sa 8 . Amazing catch under pressure and great distribution

Gomes 9 brilliant performance . Won everything

Coady 7 solid but didn’t have to mark anyone

Kilman 8 solid as ever

Semedo 7 not his best game going forward even with an assist ! Solid though

Ait nouri 7 ditto without the assist . Under a lot of pressure but defends well and tight

Dendoncker 3. Complete passenger . Turning his back on the shot too what the **** is that about?

Neves 9 MOTM ran the show and good goal

Moutinho 8 great goal and good second half

Podence 7 kept the ball well but never had any options to create anything

Silva 7 put himself about but far too isolated

Going 3-5-2 was a great tactical decision but for me dendoncker shouldn’t be starting. Cundle needs to be in there or someone with the ability to create something and support the front 2 more when we have the ball
Agreed, they dominated us in midfield last time out. Can’t help thinking we’d have been better with someone else in Dendoncker’s place today though.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone has come up with this yet but surely the headline to this match should be 'Brentford hit by a drone goal'.

Back
Top Bottom