Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford Away Verdict

Whirligig Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Another abject display.
I was mildly enthused after seeing kevin restored to the team.
Hope withered on the vine.

In the opening moments we looked bright and had a couple of shots on target. Sadly once little Brentford settled we couldn't get the ball off them.
Passionless.

Ikeme -2. He wasn't at fault for the goals but just doesn't ever inspire confidence. Needs to be louder and more commanding. One good save at the death.

Doherty. 2. I think he did his best. It's just that his best is suited to the 4th Division. Sometimes reminds me of Gary Bellamy. Had RVLP ahead of him which of course doesn't help.

Hause- 2. Not a left back. Why shoot his confidence to bits on his return to the team by playing him out of position? Is it because we haven't bothered signing a LB?
Very poor but again not aided by his winger being Byrne.
Batth - 2. Couple of brave blocks can't disguise another hideous performance. Passing is appalling, why hasn't he improved?
EEL - 2. I still hope there is a better player in there, but right now in a terrible defence with no leadership, he is a liability.

Byrne - 1. Why on earth was he signed? Is he better than our academy players? Lacklustre, lackadaisical, physically weak. Rightly subbed.

RVLP - 2.
Rubbish. I don't approve of the abuse of our own players during a game , that doesn't help.
Couple of decent crosses but utterly peripheral. Get rid.

Kevin - 3. When he had the ball I had that most excruciating of things - hope. He didn't have anything to aim at BUT we were so overrun in midfield he has to take his share of the blame.

Coady- 1. Woeful. Offers nothing. Totally anonymous.

Bjorn - 2. Puts in loads of effort. Which leads me to the conclusion he's just hopeless. Viking Mike Small.

Mason - 2. Not good at all. Will be better next season once we are trying again. Right?

Subs -
Saville - 2 ineffective
Alf- 1what is the point of Alf?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Viking Mike Small. Excellent :)

Cheers for the verdict. Fair play to you and the others that went to watch that. You deserve better.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Another abject display.

In the opening moments we looked bright and had a couple of shots on target. Sadly once little Brentford settled we couldn't get the ball off them.
Passionless.

Ikeme -2. He wasn't at fault for the goals but just doesn't ever inspire confidence. Needs to be louder and more commanding. One good save at the death.

Doherty. 2. I think he did his best. It's just that his best is suited to the 4th Division. Sometimes reminds me of Gary Bellamy. Had RVLP ahead of him which of course doesn't help.

Hause- 2. Not a left back. Why shoot his confidence to bits on his return to the team by playing him out of position? Is it because we haven't bothered signing a LB?
Batth - 2. Couple of brave blocks can't disguise another hideous performance. Passing is appalling, why hasn't he improved?
EEL - 2. I still hope there is a better player in there, but right now in a terrible defence with no leadership, he is a liability.

Byrne - 1. Why on earth was he signed? Is he better than our academy players? Lacklustre, lackadaisical, physically weak. Rightly subbed.

RVLP - 2.
Rubbish. I don't approve of the abuse of our own players during a game , that doesn't help.

Kevin - 3. When he had the ball I had that most excruciating of things - hope. He didn't have anything to aim at BUT we were so overrun in midfield he has to take his share of the blame.

Bjorn - 2. Puts in loads of effort. Which leads me to the conclusion he's just hopeless. Viking Mike Small.

Mason - 2. Not good at all. Will be better next season once we are trying again. Right?

Subs -
Saville - 2 ineffective

As good as that eh :D

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was terrible.

I cant be ***** to give verdicts on individual players but the only ones that tried were MacDonald and ALF when he came on.

The constant hoofball and lack of playing football was pretty shocking. I was sat in the Brentford end opposite the dugouts and the lack of ability was bad but our confidence is shot. Kenny has to go now for me

D

Deleted member 4436

Another abject display.

Passionless.

RVLP - 2.

Subs -
Saville - 2 ineffective

The only bit of confidence I can draw from this, is that our players aren't this bad; are they?

Hopefully a change in manager will inject some much needed confidence. I feel tonight is the night that both KJ & KT receive the dreadful untenable tag. Very difficult.

Signings and playing style have been utterly, utterly abject.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just feel for you poor sods that went, fair play to you all, now off to your padded cells eh

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
There just aren't words today. :banghead:

D

Deleted member 4152

Another abject display.

Passionless.

RVLP - 2.

Subs -
Saville - 2 ineffective

Bit harsh on gary bellamy.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Thanks for your report Whirligig. When starman McDonald gets a 3 you know how bad it must have been.

I only listened to the comms with Mikey Burrows and Thommo but it sounded very poor, awful really.

Message to Kevin Thelwell.. you have a lot of explaining to do re: your useless recommendation of players..

D

Deleted member 4456

I give myself a perfect 10 for choosing not to waste my time and money by going to this match.

Worcester Sauce

Groupie
Reaction score
All players 2/10 or below.

Best part of the night was the song being sung towards Moxey and Morgan (to the tune of don't you want me baby by Human League)

Morgan's sh@gging Moxey,
Moxey's sh@gging Morrrrrrrgaannnn. That got 10/10.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Pretty much agree with Whirligig...very poor performance this evening. Looked promising for the first 5-10 minutes, but after that it was a case of when and how many a third-rate Brentford team would score.

The formation didn't work at all. McDonald was heavily outnumbered in the centre of the park and seemed to be playing Brentford on his own on a number of occasions. Coady invariably arrived after the ball had gone and the two wide men were completely out of the game. RVLP contributed little other than a couple of good crosses into the 6 yard box and Byrne showed why he never gets picked. Byrne was shocking. Other than for a powder puff shot early on, everything he tried went wrong and constantly gave away possession.

Up front was grim too. Siggy won his first header and then lost the next 20 or so challenges. He ran around a lot but is clearly not a Championship striker. Mason gave one of those comedy performances that has opposing fans laughing and taking the mick. Fell over, tackled himself and looked completely clueless.

At the back they looked like they had never met before and if they have, they certainly weren't on speaking terms. Good to see Hause back, but no way is he a left back as he doesn't have any pace on the turn. Batth put in some good blocks and Doherty looked good going forward, however collectively it was a mess at the back. It really seemed like a training exercise at times.

McDonald man of the match on our side, but he really had very little competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to those who went to GP on a cold Tuesday evening. For me I was sat in front of the fire with a can of beer watching Arsenal V Barcelona. It was a very good game!
Not a verdict I know but I just want to send my regards to those fans that this club do not deserve esp Edg and son, Ercall and son and Gin and son. Cheers lads!

R

Rauss

Respect to all that went on this cold Tuesday night, I admit I was expecting a loss, but to lose so convincingly again is worrying to say the least. Roll on to Derby Saturday :s

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

J

Jonny Bull

Just got back. Simply awful, no game plan, poor players, pathetic and I'm too disappointed to carry on.. Has Jackett not left yet?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How bad was the VLP stick ? [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhys2702

Reaction score
Still on the way back. Brentford played good football on the floor, good movement and we couldn't compete in the first half. Although their goal was slightly lucky as the rebound came back to him, but they deserved it.

Mcdonald forced a good save from their keeper early in the 2nd and we were pressing further up the pitch and got caught on the counter. After that we seemed to give up.

Overall standard of play is pathetic and none of the players seem to look for a pass and instead just hoof the ball up the pitch and hope we win the second ball or opposition make a mistake.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

J

Jonny Bull

VLP watch: Jeers weren't too bad to begin with, but as the performance disintegrated the jeers got louder then when he came off and at the end it was pretty strong to say the least!
Must say though Brentford looked half decent tonight, but listening to their fans walking back they seemed to agree we were the worst team they'd played this season!

Last edited by a moderator:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't too bad to begun with, but as the performance disintegrated the jeers got louder then when he came off and at the end it was pretty strong to say the least!

He surely can't play on Saturday , the atmosphere could be toxic if we start badly

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got back home, my verdict is very simple
$$$$ OFF JACKETT YOU $$$$ER

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The team's bereft of quality and low on confidence. Wolves started reasonably but Brentford gradually exerted themselves and no surprise when they opened the scoring. The plan from Wolves was, once again, to not concede and we had no plan B after going behind.

Ikeme - 5 (not sure he could have done too much with the goals, bit unlucky on 1st, maybe could have got down quicker on the 2nd, couple of decent stops, incl. one late on)

Hause - 3 (not a LB, shaky positionally, rusty passing, allowed cross v easily for 3rd goal)
Doherty - 5 (ok, got forward occasionally, not really at fault for the goals as far as I could see)
Batth - 4 (had a decent first half but struggled second half, at fault for 3rd goal)
Ebanks-Landell - 4 (part of a defence that crumbled second-half, shld have blocked the 2nd)

Coady - 3 (little influence, had to keep reminding myself he was playing, Price offers more)
McDonald - 5 (tried hard and looks a cut above his colleagues, although not saying much)
Byrne - 3 (not a left-winger, struggled badly, poor delivery, didn't track his runner for 2nd goal)
Rajiv Van Le Parra - 4 (didn't offer much, got into some good positions but flatters to deceive)

Mason - 4 (occasional glimpses of promise but nothing to suggest a 3m player)
Sigurdarson - 2 (v poor, out of his depth, could play all week and wldn't score, seems to now be our first choice striker - how and why I have no idea; Paatelainen mark II)

Subs
Saville - 4.5 (didn't do much but wasn't on for that long)
Le Fondre - 6 (ran behind the defence and in the channels a few time, offered more in his first 5 mins than Mason and Sigurdarson had in the hour or so before)

bully9

Reaction score
just got back what a $$$$in joke weve become 2 of the lads went at half time us other 3 went after 70 mins sorry to say Kenny must go now

D

Deleted member 4594

Another abject display.

Passionless.

RVLP - 2.

Subs -
Saville - 2 ineffective

I have to say I completely agree with the abuse for VLP, in fact I wish it had been stronger.
Also glad that the vast majority of the stick in the last 25 mins was aimed at our clueless $$$$ of a manager.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just got back what a $$$$in joke weve become 2 of the lads went at half time us other 3 went after 70 mins sorry to say Kenny must go now

Fancy not watching the full 90 you part timer :D

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to say I completely agree with the abuse for VLP, in fact I wish it had been stronger.

Also glad that the vast majority of the stick in the last 25 mins was aimed at our clueless $$$$ of a manager.

KJ let himself down badly here , VLP should of been dropped , Macca was for his mistake . Roll on Derby [emoji32]

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Judge totally ran the show. Great player

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had judge he would be woeful for us .

Players look good when teams play football and pass and move.

We aren't coached to do that so whoever plays is always going to chasing shadows.

Lofty

Groupie
Reaction score
If we had judge he would be woeful for us .

Players look good when teams play football and pass and move.

We aren't coached to do that so whoever plays is always going to chasing shadows.

This is the most worrying aspect for me. How is it, we buy guys that seem to have so much promise and just go backwards at Wolves, or stagnate? No sooner do they leave Wolves than their careers take off again. It must be something in The amolineux air!

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Joke. If Jackett had any pride he'd resign.

I think he might.

But then again, I thought Moxey would after overseeing the double relegation, which along with being the biggest implosion by a solvent club in recent history, directly led to long-serving players, Coaches and Commercial staff losing their jobs.

Now that really was a situation which demanded a resignation.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny did clap the fans as he headed off down the tunnel last night. He didn't look at the crowd though. Some jeered, some clapped which surprised me

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
This is the most worrying aspect for me. How is it, we buy guys that seem to have so much promise and just go backwards at Wolves, or stagnate? No sooner do they leave Wolves than their careers take off again. It must be something in The amolineux air!

Been going on since the McGhee days.

Judge is quality though, and out of contract in the Summer. Any ambitious Championship club would be looking at him.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying he should resign. Quiting his last 2 jobs isn't going to help him get another.

Why should a man walk way from his job?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive often thought the same thing

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been going on since the McGhee days.

Judge is quality though, and out of contract in the Summer. Any ambitious Championship club would be looking at him.

He's good enough for the Prem in my opinion. Reminds me of Mata a lot

JJ59

Reaction score
I read MM daily and the levels of negativity really annoy me so you will understand that I do not easily make detrimental comments about our team but currently being a Wolves fan is just about as frustrating as football life can get.
First the bad; Very very poor, we made an average Brentford team look classy. With the exception of McDonald none of last nights team could trap a ball let alone pass it to a colleague. They simply could not keep the ball sometimes it was totally farcical such as at a throw-in to Wolves when the receiving Wolves player, under very little pressure promptly booted it back into touch! So many times after getting hold of the ball we hoofed [or worse sometimes passed it] it back to them. There is no craft or guile in our team, they are second rate, so predictable and when are they going to sort out corners/crosses, such basic stuff. Key players were looking for somewhere to hide and made themselves unavailable for passes. For example one of Byrnes rare promising charges down the wing with the BFC defence somewhat stretched our sole supporting forward paused then started to move backwards towards the half-way line being passed in the process by the BFC defenders who were charging towards their penalty area. Something is seriously wrong with this team and it is difficult to see how, with our player resources, it can be fixed. KJ has been dealt a tough hand injury wise but we seem to have picked up such a load of dross[Saville, Coady, Byrne that the current recruitment team is clearly not fit for purpose. I really worry where we are going to pick up any points? This is not a one-off, that team is $$$$ poor now game after game. Even their pitch looked better than ours!
The good news; Skybet wolves relegation odds 200/1

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Today is made even more sore by the fact I sit next to a Brentford fan at work.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Today is made even more sore by the fact I sit next to a Brentford fan at work.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I'm feeling exactly the same in respect of the game this weekend. I'm at work on Sunday & will be surrounded by Derby fans. I feel a "sickie" coming on.

Back
Top Bottom