Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford (A) Verdict

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cancelled out a mid-table team. Brentford are unpleasant to play against, so pleased that we showed some fight. Though maybe Costa took it too literally.

The main thing is that we've pulled a goal back in the Wolves vs Haaland goal scoring race! Carry on like this and he will be looking anxiously over his shoulder.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Collins man of the match. In the few times Brentford had a promising pattern of play or position, he got stuck in and cleared any danger. Massive performance and fight from him. Wasn’t scared to get stuck in or put his leg in where he could get hurt.

Ultimately thought we could have won it considering the chances we had. Costa’s second chance was the better one. Gutted about podence running the ball out of play in a very promising position too!

The boys showed balls and got stuck in which I can’t knock. More of the same next week please against a tough Brighton team.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Not a verdict per se but just watched us on Match Of The Day - we are so dull, Lineker and co don’t seem to know what to say.

We’ve completely lost any sort of identity, we’re known for one thing - Ruben Neves.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These players have got heart. The overreaction to last week was huge and I include Nathan Collins in that calling it a ‘shambles’. It was a defeat where everything went against us and it probably won’t happen again.

It’s not rocket science. They just couldn’t compete physically at times in the past and that’s because we don’t have an alternative to B. Traore. When he plays it makes us so much more physical and competitive.

Similarly, a huge reason why lost last week was Jonny. He can’t run and he was up against Barnes.

Our best XI makes us very competitive against most in this league and then the little things matter.

Get a good manager and we have a chance.

On yesterday, fair play to Collins and Kilman. Toney was anonymous and both were superb, especially Collins.

Everyone else competed well. A low quality game in truth but we deserved a draw.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased to get a point. It may help restore some confidence.

This may be harsh, but was that Semedo ducking under the cross for their goal? A bit of bravery and we may have come away with 3 points.

Real shame Costa sent off. Soft red though... that we really could have done without.

Torbay Wolf

Reaction score
Quite prepared to eat my own words. I really didn't think we would score, but very glad that Captain Ruben came up trumps for us.
To be fair, we looked much better in the second half and I really believe that the right manager could easily get us out of trouble with this squad.

We really could have done without Costa's red card. Yes, it looked soft, but when you have the reputation that Diego carries with him, referees are just looking for an excuse.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A tiny foothold to be grateful for in a disastrous run. The good news is Bueno's emergence and Boubacar's promise. Collins and Kilman look good and need to be persevered with. The concern is Nunes still not up to speed, Guedes unable to get into an attack that has proved to be useless and completely goal shy. Costa - just plain stupid to give the referee and opportunity in the 96th minute. Now Hwang or Guedes to lead the line as a mini attacking presence. Goal drought to continue.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'd be a top half Prem team with a top of his game Jiminez. As it is, Costa for all his effort and character doesn't look like scoring this century.
Thought we looked really good today, created lots, dominated the midfield, didn't give many chances away, but only scored once. There's a theme here.

Great away day though, good atmosphere from our end, good pubs all round west London, the Crown on the Thames was good watching the glass collectors hurdle the flooded river.
IMG-20221029-WA0010.jpgYou mean here?! That's the 'beer garden'!

Last edited:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A tiny foothold to be grateful for in a disastrous run. The good news is Bueno's emergence and Boubacar's promise. Collins and Kilman look good and need to be persevered with. The concern is Nunes still not up to speed, Guedes unable to get into an attack that has proved to be useless and completely goal shy. Costa - just plain stupid to give the referee and opportunity in the 96th minute. Now Hwang or Guedes to lead the line as a mini attacking presence. Goal drought to continue.
Agree. Bueno looked really good again, B Traore not amazing but energetic, Neves very good, the CBs (2 of em remember) looked confident and competent, A Traore is class, and Costa looked okay until his brain fart. An enjoyable away day with some encouraging signs. As much as I enjoy Costa's endeavour and his hold-up play, I think Hwang has as good a chance of scoring if played down the middle... I'm optimistic about Saturday, but the lack of a real, on form centre forward (even though that seems like the simple solution) is definitely affecting us and will probably prove to be the defining issue of our 22/23 season.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He does, but Brentford are hardly a team to complain about things like that. Their gamesmanship is shocking. Look at things like Toney deliberately taking out Sa when he is trying to throw the ball out. Should have been at least a booking.
True but I'd still love a manager to sit Pod down and tell him he's a talented lad, we value his attacking contribution and his work rate (he's a saft lad but he does work his size 3 socks off), but his going down so easily doesn't help us and sometimes even energizes the opposition. Get straight up and go at em, we're a team in a fight now and we need battlers. This isn't me channelling my inner Warnock, it really does matter when the players around you are going down easily when you're in a fight. He'd simply be a better player if he sacked off the soft side of his game... there's a tough little player there it's just that he's grown up in a culture of feigning and cheating. It's actually a bit sad to watch

Back
Top Bottom