Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford (A) Verdict

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another point towards safety.

And we are now above Dirty Leeds!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some positives to take from that. A very spirited second half performance. Not brilliant, but nowhere near as bad as last week. Boubacar Traore really impressive for his second start, as was Hugo Bueno once again. A valuable point in the grand scheme of things, and some momentum to take into next week.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we didn't lose! Im not unhappy.
Not too bothered about Costa if I'm honest, glib as that sounds.
Better than I expected.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have taken a draw all day before KO.

Point still not really enough to suggest we’re anything other than relegation fodder, sadly.

Glad to see a bit of ****housery from us at their place considering Brentford’s laughable antics at Molineux last year.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another game where we hardly got the ball into the box. If we're only going to rely on Neves screamers for goals we're going down. No Costa till after the World cup now. Total waste.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good performance, we look a lot better with Boobs in the team. Although Podence had a lot of the ball he was really ineffective, would prefer to start Guedes as he's a more direct player.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not travelled or watched, so can't really comment beyond the fact that a point I'd have bitten your hand off for seemed well deserved, and what would have been a satisfactory afternoon was ruined by the red card.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still not good enough with the ball if we want to be playing in the Prem next season but it's a decent point on the road considering our recent form.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible first half but more fight second half and we didn't look knackered for the first time... since Nuno really.

Still totally lacking up front. Would like to see two there still but for now it's hwang or guedes.

Costa's given us a target but not been fit. Today he was starting to look ok tho, and B Traore had an excellent second half. I also thought Moutinho was better in the more forward position when he came on. Nunes and Guedes - such total disappointments so far. All that money and we've got absolutely nothing. What a disaster our 3 main signings were.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Positives:
- We actually showed some stomach for the fight. Thought Podence worked really hard.
- Neves. How on Earth is he still at our club?
- After a very suspect first half, B Traore was much improved in the second.
- Point closer to Villa and Bournemouth

Negatives:
- Still don’t offer any real threat going forward.
- Moment of madness from Costa. Yes, they are both going at it but the movement of the head is so stupid.
- I really don’t enjoy some of our time wasting antics these days. Podence, Neves and Sa all guilty of it.

Sa 6
Semedo 6
Collins 7
Kilman 6
Bueno 7
Traore 7
Nunes 5
Neves 8
Podence 7
Costa 5
Adama 6

Moutinho 6

Sort of game we really need to be winning in our predicament but at least the more athletic team selection enabled us to be competitively physically.

We’ve massively ****ed up this relatively kind run of fixtures by not having the new Manager in place.

Reid1877

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I think Costa's red might not be a bad thing.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fast response with the equaliser was massive. Defence neutralised a good striker like Toney pretty well and we could have won with more self-belief and/or a striker with any form; Guedes fannying around and not shooting spoke volumes.

Pretty daft by Costa so late in the game, especially as he desperately needs games to get any match fitness. That leaves us even more in the muck now.

Bueno and Bouba (2nd half) looking more than established in the team at this level with every passing week. Neves as always with a top display. The rest of the midfield and attack was decidedly hit and miss. Knowing out luck Nunes will be out of months with his shoulder now. Once again it fell to Neves to display any class to score a goal from open play.

It's a point, and the week will be more pleasant than after a 0-4 loss, but we really have got to be pulling more out of such fixtures with the start we've had.

Last edited:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good away performance and some actual desire from our players (bar Nunes). I thought it was very a well earned and deserved point. Good to just stop the rot and stick it up em a bit. Brentford = new London media darlings so I’m glad we stuck it to them.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to get points like this, the confident free flowing football ain't gonna come and it went come for a good bloody while. Get points in whatever shape or form! Long as we make it difficult for the other team...until this manager *******s is sorted out.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see the game, just the highlights (well the goals and the red card). Trademark Neves finish. Costa thick as pig **** and thoroughly predictable that it would happen at some point. At least he's a player we won't miss for 3 matches as he contributes nothing (positive).
One in the eye for those who revel in his '****housery'.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was fuming last week at Molineux. An abject performance that deserved nothing. I wasn’t going to watch today, but when the Wolves comes failed, I watched on a stream. Pleased I did. Much better overall. Another worldie to score against us, but for the first time in a very long time, we fought back, got an equaliser, and kept fighting. Didn’t feel like we would lose after we levelled, which is probably the first time I’ve felt like that all season.

Pleased Steve limited the subs beyond those needed, as that team were fighting and needed to feel what fighting feels like. They earned a draw, and got it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see the game, just the highlights (well the goals and the red card). Trademark Neves finish. Costa thick as pig **** and thoroughly predictable that it would happen at some point. At least he's a player we won't miss for 3 matches as he contributes nothing (positive).
One in the eye for those who revel in his '****housery'.

If you’d watched the game you wouldn’t have said that. He was good today, and Mee had been all over him during the game, and the whole incident was as much on Mee as him.

T

TheConcourse

Actually proud of them today for grafting away for a tough point.

Thought Bouba won a raffle to play in the first half, but looked much much better in the second.

A little concerned with the bottle and heart of some of our new players: Nunes and Guedes. They both look a bit soft?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll post more in depth later but I’m actually alright with that today in the end. New Traore looked class second half.

We were the better team on balance of things despite being poor in the first half.

Yea, I’m quite happy.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fun second half to watch but you can't help but feel we let 2 pts get away from us. We controlled Toney well and they really didn't create too much aside from the goal, a Toney slip at the wrong (right) moment and a curling shot in the first half that went just wide. On the other hand, we were our usual selves. Get into some promising positions and do nothing. Afraid to shoot and scared of losing. Deserved a point but after our goal, we should have won that game. We might not get too many other chances the way we are going.

Reid1877

Reaction score
Has Nunes fractured his collar bone I wonder?
Hopefully why there looking at his collar bone they can work on his backbone.

For the fee we paid he really needs to do more.

40 odd million should get you a leader and fighter even in today's market.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Costa red was perfect timing for a WC holiday. Hope he keeps the fitness up.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you’d watched the game you wouldn’t have said that. He was good today, and Mee had been all over him during the game, and the whole incident was as much on Mee as him.
Fair comment, but in all the other matches that I have seen, he's been poor. Now a chance for the equally ineffective Guedes to step up. Lord help us!

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Showed a bit of fight. Quality still painfully low, but it was an awful game with two poor sides. Bueno excellent, Bouba grew into it. Kilman very good. Referee a plain cheat.
Thought referee was decent. Let it flow and couldn't argue the yellows. Didn't see the red. What bits did you think he cheated?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
came from behind to get something from the game, been too long since we did that
Decent point Overall
Good goal from Neves
A good performance from Bueno best crosser of the ball we have ?
Typical of our Luck at the moment that after finally looking like he's close to being properly fit Costa gets himself a red card and a 3 match ban. (Chance for Hwang to step in(doesn't fill one with hope though)), or Guedes to get a run in the team

Back
Top Bottom