Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brendan's Liverpool Target Jarvis

K

kidderminster wolf

Liverpool Target Arsenal, Wigan & Wolves Signings as Brendan Rodgers Gets to Grips With Reduced Budget.

Anfield boss earmarks move for trio.
Download the Free CaughtOffside App Now at the iTunes App store by CLICKING HERE
New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has started to draw up a list of targets he wishes to make moves for this summer. The Anfield manager has been told he will not have a wealth of funds to draw from and with that in mind the Northern Irishman has earmarked moves for players who add quality to his squad without breaking the bank.

Rodgers will look to beef up his attacking options having seen Liverpool net just 47 goals in the Premier League last term but without the funds to spend on a ‘big money’ striker the former Swansea City boss has identified Arsenal forward Nicklas Bendtner as a target.
The 24 year old Danish international is currently at the Euro 2012 finals having enjoyed a solid season long loan spell at Sunderland. The 6ft 5in striker is unlikely to return to Arsenal, where he has slipped down the pecking order, and he would surely jump at the chance of a move to Anfield and he would cost around £6-8m to sign as Arsene Wenger reportedly looks to trim his squad ahead of a planned shake-up to the Gunners wage structure.
Bendtner netted ten goals last term and could offer a stern challenge for Andy Carroll for the second striker spot alongside Luis Suarez.

Mohamed Diame is also on Rodgers wish-list and the Wigan Athletic defensive midfielder is available on a free transfer having seen his Wigan Athletic contract come to an end. The experienced battler would add another back-up option to Brazilian Lucas Leiva.
Last term Jay Spearing was found wanting when he was called in to replace Lucas. Diame had been previously targeted by Kenny Dalglish and Brendan Rodgers is ready to enter talks with the Senegal international.

Having seen both Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson struggle for form last term, even though both made it into Roy Hodgson’s England Euro 2012 squad, the Liverpool boss is keen to add more strength in depth to the wide areas of his attack and to that end is ready to make exploratory moves for Wolves wide-man Matt Jarvis.
Even though his Molineux side finished bottom of the Premier League pile Jarvis still managed to impress and looks set to make an instant return to the top tier in the form of a move away from Wolves. A number of sides are said to be interested in the 26 year old, who netted eight goals last term.
The England international would offer Rodgers a relatively inexpensive back-up option that adheres to the Liverpool owner’s cautious level of transfer spending this summer.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/0...-rodgers-gets-to-grips-with-reduced-budget/3/

Some of the comments are funny. Adios Jarvis 8m will do me :hello:

Discuss.

G

glastowolf

Hope he doesn't go. Could be instrumental in getting us back up this season.

A

Apocalypse Now

I am not Jarvis biggest fan but find it amazing that he scored eight and several assists and yet Downing who scored zero and had no assists is in the England squad.

A

andyc225

All I can say is:

Cha-ching!

Can we get a Demba Ba-style Bosman to replace him?

K

kidderminster wolf

We have Hammill and Hunt, Kightly also Mendez-Laing, Gorman so we are not short of wingers. For the right price we should get shot

J

johnybig32

All those wishing the back of him...wait until next season where our attacking threat is reduced to practically nothing.

Without him, we hardly have anything going forward. Unless a suitable replacement can be found, dont see why people are rubbing their hands at the prospect of the money!

K

kidderminster wolf

We will be lucky to get 8m he's overrated. We play through him so much see's most time on the ball so looks better than what he is. Right footed yet we play him on the left crossing is poor. Came on for England on the right. Also Hunt and Kightly would work better in the Championship

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The only way I'd even contemplate selling Jarvis is if we could reinvest the funds in a younger winger of similar pace like a Matt Phillips or Nathan Redmond (no chance of getting him though).

Pace is so difficult to defend against at any level. A three of Kightly, Sigurdarson and Jarvis behind Fletcher would destroy Championship defences.

K

kidderminster wolf

Blake we need in the championship should sell Fletcher off for as much as we can also get the Steve Bull stand rebuilt its been there since the 80s

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We will be lucky to get 8m he's overrated. We play through him so much see's most time on the ball so looks better than what he is. Right footed yet we play him on the left crossing is poor. Came on for England on the right. Also Hunt and Kightly would work better in the Championship

Didn't you say on the Adam Hammill thread that he is a left winger? I'm pretty sure that Hammill is right-footed too.

Jarvis is far more effective on the left.

W

Woffles

All those wishing the back of him...wait until next season where our attacking threat is reduced to practically nothing.

Without him, we hardly have anything going forward. Unless a suitable replacement can be found, dont see why people are rubbing their hands at the prospect of the money!

That's true enough - but that was under Mick who IMHO made us far too reliant on wingers in general and Jarvis in particular for our attacking threat. If Mick was still in charge then we'd really need to keep Jarvis as we won't find a better wide man.

However, under Stale I think we'll see far more rounded style of play where we also play through the middle at pace a lot more. If we sign Sigurdarson and team him up with Doyle, SEB, Kightly and possibly Fletcher if he stays, then that's a set of attacking players that can tear most teams in the Championship a new one.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Liverpool would really be scraping the barrel if this turns out to be true.

K

kidderminster wolf

Yes Hammill should be on the left Jarvis or Kightly on the right. The year we stayed up on the last day we bought jarvis into the team against blackburn after leaving him out against albion and sunderland we won both he played we lost clearly jarvis is not a team player. Think I've been vindicated. Stale will get us playing as a team not just via wingers.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good old Liverpool.

Dreaming of Mourinho & World class signings.

They get Rodgers, Diame and Jarvis :D

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis is a good player, one of our better ones.

As others have pointed out though he is vastly overrated by some simply because we have been so completely inept for the past 3 years under white and black Mick that our only attacking ploy consisted of hoofing out to the left wing in the hope Jarvis can pick up some scraps and then hit a cross off the first mans legs.

Anything over 8m would be fantastic money provided we get to spend most of it on new signings. If its just to line the 2Ms pockets then whats the point.

M

morosewolf

Hunts legs have gone, you are deluded if you think he'll be anything other than a bit part player next season

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mugwump

Blake we need in the championship should sell Fletcher off for as much as we can also get the Steve Bull stand rebuilt its been there since the 80s

The Steve Bull stand ( formerly the john ireland stand ) has been there since the late 70's actually kid.

D

Dewsburywolf

The Steve Bull stand ( formerly the john ireland stand ) has been there since the late 70's actually kid.

And is the main reason why we went bust in the first place - built it on the never never then got stung with the repayments.

It all looked so wonderful when Dave Thomas got me to switch allegiance to Wolves, then he got $$$$ed about, left for America, & Wolves went into freefall :mad:

M

Mr Wolf

This club spent £20m on Downing after Man Utd paid £17m for Young so we can look for at least £12 for Jarvis.

K

kidderminster wolf

Who remembers when it was full of red seats? haha. Hunt will be a big game player for us next season me deluded never we will win the league in STALE WE TRUST

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis and Hammill are light years apart (no pun intended). Jarvis has shown he can perform and contribute goals and assists at the top level whereas Hammill has been a bit part at best. I only hope if we sell Jarvis that Kightly can keep fit. I'd hold out for £8-9m.

J

johnybig32

Who remembers when it was full of red seats? haha. Hunt will be a big game player for us next season me deluded never we will win the league in STALE WE TRUST

Have you seen him play lately? He has been by far our worst performers. Cant pass, dribble, run, all he offers is comedy value.

Hopefully, he has a bit part in the Euros and shows some form so either we attract interest or he can have an influence.

RE Jarvis, how much profit will be made if it is 8million? This from a coach who cant work or make players better. Apparently.

D

Dewsburywolf

RE Jarvis, how much profit will be made if it is 8million? This from a coach who cant work or make players better. Apparently.

Fee was undisclosed (surprise surprise) but something in the region of £600,000 if memory serves

J

johnybig32

So, a coach who cant coach has turned a 600k player into a minimum 8m player. Interesting.

J

johnybig32

So fair "dews" for MM to spot talent and nuture it into potential then ;)

J

johnybig32

I was using your name as we were discussing it, hence the "___"

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This club spent £20m on Downing after Man Utd paid £17m for Young so we can look for at least £12 for Jarvis.

Whilst I'm not his biggest fan, I'd still want more than twelve quid for Jarvis.

D

Deleted member 3751

Jarvis is, and always has been, a left winger.

Has to be taken into account as well, for him to have such a productive season being our only major outlet is outstanding when you consider the opposition would've always have had him earmarked as a man to keep quiet. Not many of them managed it.

D

Deleted member 3751

Have you seen him play lately? He has been by far our worst performers. Cant pass, dribble, run, all he offers is comedy value.

Hopefully, he has a bit part in the Euros and shows some form so either we attract interest or he can have an influence.

Have you seen him when he spots a carvery?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Back up option" What a bloody joke! Jarvis is twice the player that Downing is.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvo's been our most consistent player for four years now even in our promotion season IMO. Will be gutted to see him go but we can't deny him an opportunity to progress. He's done us proud. Like Keane Lescott I'll be following the rest of his career with interest even though he didn't start with us.

I think we have enough back-up.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis overrated? Do me a cheesy quaver! Jarvis is a quality player who - if he went to an established PL side - would quickly become an England regular and be lauded on MOTD every week. Jarvis has consistently tested some of the best full backs in world football. Anyone remember v Chelsea away two seasons ago, v one of the De Silva's in the Cup etc. Like Lescott he's destined for bigger things. With or without us.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis is, and always has been, a left winger.

Has to be taken into account as well, for him to have such a productive season being our only major outlet is outstanding when you consider the opposition would've always have had him earmarked as a man to keep quiet. Not many of them managed it.

Outstanding really, I'm hard budged to find a person down here (Cheltenham) who doesn't think he should have been on the plane instead of Downing.

I said for a while Jarvis would be the perfect match for the Scousers, stuck between two places for this one, wouldn't want to stand in the way of a player who has given his all for us as going to Liverpool would be a massive boost for his career.

Back
Top Bottom