Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Breaking News: Wolves fans impossible to please ...

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard or read:

Bruce? No.
Curbs? Not now he's turned us down. $$$$$$$.
Keane? Next.
Poyet? No, thanks.
Clarke? No. Too Inexperienced.
Hughton? Maybe. Nah, he's not what we want.

Who else would want to come to Wolves (realistically)? Anybody thats got Premier League experience who would fancy the challenge regardless of whether they are employed or not? Oh, and don't forget they need to be the Fans Choice.

An impossible task for Morgan and Moxey.

Our reputation goes before us (on and off the pitch). We'll get what we deserve ... and we'll be the poorer for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dewsburywolf

To be fair GC it's not exactly breaking news is it? It's been a well known fact for years hence the oft quoted "keep them quiet for the first 20 minutes & their fans will get on their backs"

Agree with your actual post though

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard or read:

Bruce? No.
Keane? Next.
Poyet? No, thanks.

Who else would want to come to Wolves (realistically)? Anybody thats got Premier League experience who would fancy the challenge regardless of whether they are employed or not? Oh, and don't forget they need to be the Fans Choice.

Our reputation goes before us (on and off the pitch). We'll get what we deserve ... and we'll be the poorer for it.

Bruce: Not good enough
Curbs: I WANT HIM IN NOW.
Keane: Maybe
Poyet: Inexperienced
Clark: See Poyet
Hughton: Failing Curbs get Hughton ASAP Moxey/Morgan.

Failing Hughton, I'd like to see Holloway.

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score
Bruce: Not good enough
Curbs: I WANT HIM IN NOW.
Keane: Maybe
Poyet: Inexperienced
Clark: See Poyet
Hughton: Failing Curbs get Hughton ASAP Moxey/Morgan.

Failing Hughton, I'd like to see Holloway.

Is Poyet that far behind Hughton in experience?

B

BlakemoreWolf

i would love to see Ian Holloway here but we will most probably get Bruce or Poyet.

H

Hairy_palms

I genuinely believe whoever is the next manager, WWFC will be playing Chumpion$$$$ football next season, sorry but this is the reality of it.

S

SimplyTheWolves

I've heard or read:

Bruce? No.
Keane? Next.
Poyet? No, thanks.

Breaking news: No matter who we get as manager we all have the right to exercise our opinions. Getting what we deserve is what you perceive is warranted, but being the poorer for it is only a matter of your own opinion as to what you expect.

Pleased?

E

Essex Wolf

I think it's Morgan and Moxey that are hard to please seeing as they are the ones who seemingly can't make a decision.

With the way things had been going under Mick I imagine his position was being discussed long before he actually left and would have hoped plans were underway to find a good replacement ASAP. As it is there is no planning or preperation.

Other clubs that have recently sacked managers have taken nowhere near as long to find a replacement. More dithering and time wasting.

It was a case of wasting time that left Mick in post too long and look at the mess it has created.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Breaking news: No matter who we get as manager we all have the right to exercise our opinions. Getting what we deserve is what you perceive is warranted, but being the poorer for it is only a matter of your own opinion as to what you expect.

Pleased?

Pleased? With what, your response? Yes. Well done. Have a gold star and an extra five minutes in the play ground tomorrow.

As for the manager choice ... My own view is anyone (literally) will be better than Terry Connor.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"You can please some Wolves fans some of the time but you can`t please all the Wolves fans all of the time".
A,L. Long suspected of being a Wolves fan.

O

OldWolvesfart

I think it's Morgan and Moxey that are hard to please seeing as they are the ones who seemingly can't make a decision.

With the way things had been going under Mick I imagine his position was being discussed long before he actually left and would have hoped plans were underway to find a good replacement ASAP. As it is there is no planning or preperation.

Other clubs that have recently sacked managers have taken nowhere near as long to find a replacement. More dithering and time wasting.

It was a case of wasting time that left Mick in post too long and look at the mess it has created.

Didn't anyone explain to M&M when you have a business that requires a manager that is in day to day attendance that before you remove that manager you are reasonably certain you have someone in place who will take his place. If not are you are able to make the job attractive enough to attract the 2 or 3 out work potential managers to step in and keep the wheels in motion for 13 weeks or so?

Obviously not owner throws a hissy fit just like many Wolves fans did kicks out manager just like many wolves fans wanted then says anyone want the job on my terms ----- i said anyone want the job on my terms --- I said---- Ok what about what's his name is he interested? Jez get on the phone get me out of this --

Maybe not but you wonder

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What is happening now is explaining a lot why McCarthy was left to go his own way for so long. Moxey has always been an admin man with little technical knowledge of the game. Morgan has not shown leadership qualities as an owner. If Morgan wants to be a success with this club he desperately needs a football man on the board maybe a George Graham or a Graham Taylor to guide him.
I dont know who has interviewed Alan Curbishley but his knowledge of what is needed to run a football club will far exceed theirs. If they have turned him down it could be that their vision of success is not realistic.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Pleased? With what, your response? Yes. Well done. Have a gold star and an extra five minutes in the play ground tomorrow.

As for the manager choice ... My own view is anyone (literally) will be better than Terry Connor.

Well I'm glad your pleased, and that wasn't impossible.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are a club with a scared, no win mentality.

MM scared to pick an attacking team in case we lose.

The board scared to pick a manager in case its the wrong choice.

The players scared of making the wrong pass in case the opposition gets it.

It seems to me what we really need is Derren Brown to come in and hypnotise everyone and give the club some self belief. Get them all believing we have the right to be in the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom