Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Braga Verdict

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Incredibly proud of that performance. Some of the football we played on an absolutely horrific pitch was just sublime.

Should have put the game to bed and Saiss and Doherty didn’t cover themselves in glory for the second but both have been great for us for ages now so can’t be too critical.

Moutinho, Traore and Raul were all magnificent. Only real negatives were not taking our chances to get a fourth and a slight weakness defending crosses in the absence of Boly. Overall though, we controlled the game and played with a really good tempo throughout.

Patricio 6
Dendoncker 6
Coady 7
Saiss 5
Doherty 6
Neves 7
Moutinho 8
Jonny 7
Traore 8
Raul 8
Jota 6

We’ve just gone to the fourth best team in Portugal, dominated large parts of the game and qualified for the last 32 of a major European competition. A magnificent achievement.

Well done to all involved and safe travels home to those lucky enough to be out there.

D

Deleted member 7206

Slightly worried about us hanging on when having a lead in the last 3 games, but Nuno will sort it out. Horrendous conditions out there. Through the group stage, onwards and upwards

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Immensely enjoyable game considering the conditions. We do need to kill teams off when we destroy them first half. Villa, Bournemouth and Braga all the same in that respect.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to get through but can't help but be a bit disappointed with that result tonight, which means we may well be unseeded and having to face a 3rd placed UCL team instead. Thought the subs hurt us a lot but no doubt they were made with Sunday in mind so can't have too many complaints as the players have to be managed properly. Just need to work on our game management a bit as we look incredibly nervous and seem to lose our composure if we have a lead and end up conceding a goal. It was easy going before they scored their 2nd and it seemed like a bit of complacency snuck in with how sloppy we were just before they scored. But onto Sunday anyway.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thought we played well, disappointed to lose a two goal lead but even at the end we looked the most likely winning team. Bit like the Bournemouth game really we missed a couple of good chances to go 3 goals up but this time it hurt us.

Still, it’s an unbelievable achievement to get into the knockouts, a game to spare as well. Very proud of our lads. We’re taking this cup serious and I don’t see why we can’t get a long way into it.

D

Deleted member 5910

Something of a reopening of the Watford semi-final wound, where Nuno brought off key creative talent with a two-goal advantage for ineffectual subs. Delighted we're through, and with our first half performance, but winning the group (and potentially avoiding Champions League teams) looking slim now. Either one of Traore or Jimenez completes 90 minutes and we probably get the win.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something of a reopening of the Watford semi-final wound, where Nuno brought off key creative talent with a two-goal advantage for ineffectual subs ... Either one of Traore or Jimenez completes 90 minutes and we probably get the win.
There’s some truth in that I think.

Still, I’d have taken a point at 6pm and I’d have taken second in the group in August. (****, I’d have taken second after the first game against Braga).

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
im disappointed. We played really well at times, but sitting back and allowing them back in was either poor or naive. But at least we are through.

I don’t think we sat back at all. Started the second half still on the front foot and should have got a fourth through Diogo.

Just a poor pass out from Saiss that changed the momentum of the game and even then, after they equalised, we were still the only team trying to win it at the end.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Immensely enjoyable game considering the conditions. We do need to kill teams off when we destroy them first half. Villa, Bournemouth and Braga all the same in that respect.

@SingYourHeartsOut Seven points in those games. No defeats. We do what we need to do (generally).

We do. And we look an incredibly good side for spells of those matches. A side I'm very proud of.
I just wonder if overall we make it harder on ourselves than it could/should/need be, by not going that extra step to make the killer blow.

Edited to add I realise and accept that there are two teams in each games, and not everything is under our control. Sometimes you have to credit the opposition.

M

Mr Wolf

Threw that away in the end, should have got the 4th. We can’t kill teams off for some reason, squad is looking very thin in this formation as we knew.

Played brilliant for 60 mins but can’t defend set pieces which has probably cost us top spot.

A lot of positives to take, but feet back on the ground in the end.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do. And we look an incredibly good side for spells of those matches. A side I'm very proud of.
I just wonder if overall we make it harder on ourselves than it could/should/need be, by not going that extra step to make the killer blow.
Maybe we do. However, I’ll take that vs playing Leyton Orient in League One :D:D

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last 32. That's all that was needed.

I think people need to get some grasp and perspective on European football, and the group stages.

Finishing 1st or 2nd means bugger all.

Spurs and Liverpool finished 2nd in their group last year. They both made the final.

Take an absolute hard look at the teams going into the last 32, from the EL and the CL. Not one of those games is easy, this is the business end of the club with top elite clubs compete.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
minging pitch, brilliant first half, not so good second

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Some credit has to go to Wilson for turning it around for them. Let’s buy him

thought we played great and if the pitch had been better then we would have dominated them even more.

even if we are unseeded and have to face a champions league team that would be really interesting to see how we measure up

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, we won't be the first or the last to give leads away in Europe. The important thing, and please remember this, is that it teaches these guys and Nuno important lessons about how to approach an away leg. If this was a knockout, I'd be disappointed, but for the groups? Couldn't give a hoot, learn the lesson, take it into the next round.

D

Deleted member 8913

What a magnificent achievement to reach the knock out stages. That is all.

Very much so...and a learning experience for out fickle fans ...1. Don’t crow until it is over___watford,Bournemouth and Braga should explain it....the game is 90 minutes and both sides are allowed to play. 2 substitutions have to be made to manage the small squad. This is not down to Nuno being stupid...it’s down to him wanting to pace jots ,Jimenez and Traore etc

D

Deleted member 4436

The worst away day experience I can remember.

How can Braga justify keeping Wolves fans outside the ground for 45 minutes to an hour before the game when it’s absolutely ****ing it down.

Got to the ground 45 minutes before the game and didn’t get in until 10 minutes after kick off.

Bunch of ****s.

**** Braga and their **** little mountain.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have we thrown that away?! Can’t help but feel disappointed, which sounds ridiculous, but we should’ve bloody won that. Ah well. Into the knockouts.

D

Deleted member 5635

How does finishing second in our group effect us in the draw for the round of 32?

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
The worst away day experience I can remember.

How can Braga justify keeping Wolves fans outside the ground for 45 minutes to an hour before the game when it’s absolutely ****ing it down.

Got to the ground 45 minutes before the game and didn’t get in until 10 minutes after kick off.

Bunch of ****s.

**** Braga and their **** little mountain.
Massive respect to you for making the journey, and shouting the boys on to qualification, mate.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could still win the group depending on results in the last games.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Utterly fantastic 1st-half but with an equally weak 2nd that followed.

Dead and buried Braga were somehow allowed to wangle their way back in without too much actual effort.

Massive lessons to be learned.

MOTM: Mouts

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlucky to concede the first goal; absolutely devastating for the rest of the first half.
Braga obviously had a kick up the backside at half time and their subs were up for it. Nevertheless we were slightly unlucky not to get a 4th, but were then second best for final 30.
Still we are in final 32. Haopy days!

D

Deleted member 5635

Excellent first half performance
Poor second half performance

pitch and weather was shocking.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have been a win but in the end a draw gets us to where we wanna be - in the hat for the round of 32! Fantastic. First half magic. Started the second half well and Jota header could have seen us go 4-1 up but it went straight at the keeper. Adama also looking lively the first 10 minutes of that second half. But then we fell away a bit. Our front 3 taken off a wee bit too early, in my view, although Neto had a shout for a pen very soon after coming on. Their second, for me, saw Jonny losing concentration and not tracking the man to the far post who eventually put it away. But none of that really matters - we are through so happy days. Enjoy the beers over there lads and lasses and safe trip home.

Back
Top Bottom