Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Braga (A)

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aside from the police hospitality, did anyone else go to a restaurant called pPlace in Braga? Fantastic food. HUGE rack of ribs and 1.80 a beer.
I did! It was about 30 yards from my guesthouse. The ribs were incredible!! I also saw Tim Spiers and some of the e&s team in there.

D

Deleted member 4152

Tbf Turin wasn’t the fans fault as it was the coaches put on which held all fans up

my point was Turin took an hour to get in, many fans who did Turin would have gone to braga in wolves end and know what previously has happened.

policing no doubt has been shambolic but we’re also at fault

both games I’ve been pushed from behind by wolves fans trying to get in whilst they then decided hurl abuse at the police - they aren’t going to go any quicker! And sadly it’s not people who big macho at back shouting or pushing who get hurt it’s folk at the front.
Again. We were there an hour before kick off. So what the **** are you talking about?

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1500 went to Turin, 6000 to Braga, how would the extra 4500 have known?
Failing that how about the fact I was there nearly an hour before and so were many more reading on here

not all 6k went in the same entrances so bit of overstated, wasn’t our allocation 2k or something

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Again. We were there an hour before kick off. So what the **** are you talking about?

okay I’ll break it down so it’s simple

Turin took about an hour there was one security check

braga and wolves stated in advance there was three security checks add the stair situation and it’s easy to see on previous ground how long it may take

I’m not saying this should be the case, or was well managed.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had no idea we needed to be there that early. No advice or info about three security checks. It was my first away European game so no prior experience.
It wasn’t just the delay that was the issue. It was being treated like scum and hitting people and the fact police wanted it to kick off /trying to encourage it. Absolute ****ers

Darbena

Reaction score

braga and wolves stated in advance there was three security checks add the stair situation and it’s easy to see on previous ground how long it may take

Crikey!
Over two thirds of Wolves had home tickets and subsequently were not party to any of the communication that the away fans had from the club.

I would hazard a guess that it was the first away match for a lot of people as it is practically impossible to get to an away match without an AST, really high points or best pals with the AST or really high points peeps so much so its practically a closed shop!

Braga knowingly sold home tickets any old how to Wolves and they upped their price and failed in their duty of care towards their customers leaving the situation in disorganised chaos. The home instructions were minimal and only sent to the purchasers and people had brought multiple tickets, no names were asked for and no names on the tickets.

I remember someone providing a link to instructions to the wolves fans from the foreign office and judging by the amount of police at the match I can only conclude that both the British & Portuguese authorities were most likely well aware of the amount of Wolves fans attending the match.

I very much doubt anyone rocked up to the ground 10 even 30 minutes before without good reason.

It was irresponsible incompetence on a grand scale, of course people wanted to go and took advantage but no one deserves to be treated in the manner that we were.

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I roughly set off for the stadium from the centre of Braga, at least 2 hours before kick off, due to us noticing little to no taxis around the centre of town.

The taxi rank was totally empty of taxis and there was a queue of at least 50 Wolves fans at the rank.
So we decided to walk in the opposite direction from the stadium with the intent of waving down a taxi away from the centre.
The rain was hoofing down and had been all day.

Luckily for us, 3 Wolves fans from Telford stopped with us in their hire car and offered us a lift.
We didn’t have to be asked twice and dived in.

on arrival at the stadium, we were directed by local police to the ‘away’ end, even though we had showed them ‘home end’ tickets.

We passed through all check points fairly easy but I did pass comment on several occasions to her about There appearing to be not enough open ‘entrances’ for fans to be filtered through. And we weren’t impressed about having to walk over a muddy grassed field which was cutting up quite badly.

The stewards were dressed in maroon berets and never cracked a smile. I got the impression that they my have been Ex-military by the way that their berets had been shaped.

At the first check point we had been told to throw our umbrella to one side, on to a pile of other discarded ones. We hid ours behind a wall (managed to retrieve it after game).
so we were in the stadium way early (but only went early due to weather).

We were unaware of the problems and riot police thuggish behaviour that followed.
However, After the game as we were leaving the stadium by its back steps, we were met by a line of fully clad riot police, holding their batons horizontally in both hands to their front. Glaring at everyone. Also a line of dog handlers with their Barking animals straining at the leash.

It was a total throw back to the mid to late 70’s when there was mass trouble at football matches.

My girlfriend was born and breed in Northern Ireland and has seen many troubling sights. But she couldn’t believe that a soaked through peaceful crowd were being met by as we left.
One thing we did notice though was that the local police were distancing themselves away from the ‘thugs’ in uniform.

I would love to know the content of WMP briefing to the Match day police commander prior to the match.
AND ultimately, WMP final match day incident report.

Last edited:

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had home end tickets but was instructed by police that ‘all English up there’, so I would suggest that it was pretty close to 6k through the away entrance.

fair enough I was with others who had to go a different way when we was walking down the hill and they tailed to right where we had to walk bottom of hill - trust you word was case for more than 2k

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well you should have got to the stadium 3 hours before kick-off as you should have expected that happening seeing as you're such a know it all and how terrible all Wolves fans are :D
Haven’t said us wolves fans are terrible far from it.

just said we were pushing from behind and there was nothing behind ie police wading in to make fans push

only ones suffer are the fans at the front as pushed into the police line who then lash out on these guys

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score

Istanbul had 4, maybe 5, checks where the police, many also fully geared up but not at all menacing, simple formed a line across the not that wide entrance road and when appropriate moved sideways to let us through to the next line, all very non eventful and smooth. No marshland, poor light, discarded stuff on ground, ****s with batons out or (probably unintentional) pushing from behind due to 1 poxy opening in a chicken wire style fence.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Looking back if they let everyone que ready to be searched at the final security check points where I think there were 4 or 5 isles I don't think there would have been an issues.

The Robocops could have had presence at the sides and I think it would have worked out fairly smoothly. Possibly the worst case scenario in this case would have been people missing first 10 mins at the back of the que.

So simple really. We would have waited patiently seeing fans going through security. So bloody obvious, the organisers need firing and shamed for this.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking back if they let everyone que ready to be searched at the final security check points where I think there were 4 or 5 isles I don't think there would have been an issues.

The Robocops could have had presence at the sides and I think it would have worked out fairly smoothly. Possibly the worst case scenario in this case would have been people missing first 10 mins at the back of the que.

So simple really. We would have waited patiently seeing fans going through security. So bloody obvious, the organisers need firing and shamed for this.

You’re probably right, but I expect the robo****s wanted it to kick off, and didn’t care at all about getting people in safely.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and one was me, walking from Cafe Vienna, trying all your numbers with no answer. Just randomly shouting obscenities down my phone.
You answered once on Face time and looked like a drowned drunk rot!
I did sneak in and managed to get past all riot guards in stealth mode.

Nice to see @Burton Wolf @Jungleee @Seasider and think I met @sc91 briefly but may have had too many vodkas
Likewise it was great to catch up with you and the others.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checked my photos for times, as I took several approaaching The ground,at ticket office at 4.01, at the turnstile at 4.09, at top of stand looking down to a fairly sparse checkpoint at 4.39 by 5.07 it was a different story, all the police had arrived and parked up and the checkpoints were pretty full but I couldn't see if any other checkpoints had been set up as my view was limited. We only got there as early as we did due to our group including a 79 yr old (Roy) and two ladies of a certain age and a chap in his sixties who couldn't hardly walk. However after the game we did indeed all walk back to the town centre !

sorry I didn't bump into you Burton, being in the same hotel but did you find the bar I researched and was within a few hundred yards of our hotel ? "Dona beer" it was tremendous, 108 beers from around the world, great Portuguese food and the staff were brill. We went in there first on Wednesday evening, prior to cafe Vianna and last after the game on Thursday for spiced pulled pork cobs and 3 Belgian beers. On Wednesday we ended up in the Irish bar drinking vodka shots and can't remember getting home in the taxi at 1am. My lad stayed till 2am brill atmosphere! Met Duckingfield and his son at Manchester airport and again at our hotel. I think he was slightly worse for wear in the square ??
I did keep my eye open for you, but it obviously was not meant to be. Dona Beer was the plan on wednesday evening, but the plan went awry :). I have loads of tales of the trip, too long winded for here. One day over a pint, hopefully in a dry pub where it isn't ****ing down :)

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would love to know the content of WMP briefing to the Match day police commander prior to the match.
AND ultimately, WMP final match day incident report.
Can items like this be obtained through the Freedom of Information Act? I’m surprised at the total radio silence from Wolves on the matter.

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would say possibly yes to the post match report, but I doubt the pre-match intelligence brief would be released, but you never know.

as the saying goes, if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
the rule with keeping us in for 30mins seems consistent across Europe

but how come when they come molineux all we get is ding dong access to molineux street speech and aways allowed to leave

H

Heart of Gold and Black

All about opinions but I was getting crushed just like I was at Torino

why? Because wolves fans pushing at the back

I thought Wolves fans were very patient at both games and had there been lots of pushing, more people could have fallen and then the situation would have been a far worse.

In the end I had no security check and didn't have to show a ticket, so what was the point in all the over the top policing?

I never saw one Wolves fan pushing, behaving badly or doing anthing apart from enjoying themselves and trying to get into a match against all odds.

I'm just not having it that Wolves fans are in anyway to blame for what happened.

Brastislava fans, smashed up a hotel, got banned for rasism, charged at our police and they weren't subjected to anything like we were in Braga. Do you think the Bratislava fans were inside the ground hours before kickoff at Wolves. UEFA should be making sure that standards are as good as Premier league standards for all matches in their competition. It's not good enough to say it should be expected in Europa away games, as it simply should not. If Braga can't guarantee the safety of fans at the ground, don't sell the tickets, simple.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what injuries were sustained by Wolves fans?
I read that 4 had arms in plaster, all treated at local Wolvo hospital on return
Didnt speak to anyone there afterwards, as I was to knackered after the walk back up that bloody Eiger mountain lol

D

Deleted member 4152

I thought Wolves fans were very patient at both games and had there been lots of pushing, more people could have fallen and then the situation would have been a far worse.

In the end I had no security check and didn't have to show a ticket, so what was the point in all the over the top policing?

I never saw one Wolves fan pushing, behaving badly or doing anthing apart from enjoying themselves and trying to get into a match against all odds.

I'm just not having it that Wolves fans are in anyway to blame for what happened.

Brastislava fans, smashed up a hotel, got banned for rasism, charged at our police and they weren't subjected to anything like we were in Braga. Do you think the Bratislava fans were inside the ground hours before kickoff at Wolves. UEFA should be making sure that standards are as good as Premier league standards for all matches in their competition. It's not good enough to say it should be expected in Europa away games, as it simply should not. If Braga can't guarantee the safety of fans at the ground, don't sell the tickets, simple.
I think he is best ignored

Complete troll

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he is best ignored

Complete troll

because I express different opinion to yourself?

There was pushing at both games I’ve been too from very small minority wolves fans, sadly that causes a big ripple! You can fit 250 people in small space if they all stand waiting patiently

issue is a small minority wernt showing patience

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And you wouldn’t need to fit 250 people into a small space of the military weren’t there acting like ****s.

If there was any pushing, the Portuguese officials caused it.

D

Deleted member 4382

And you wouldn’t need to fit 250 people into a small space of the military weren’t there acting like ****s.

If there was any pushing, the Portuguese officials caused it.
You are best ignoring him. The guy is a *****. Probably not even a Wolves fan.

R

reanswolf

For all that, police passed them their pints on the Quadrant and ignored pretty much their behaviour until they were charged at.
I'm staggered that the Police Inspector on the day stated "Bratislava fans were generally in good mood".

Having said that, I'm told that it was Wolves fans who created the disorder at the Wildwings Hotel.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the 'pushing' was more due to the fact the gate/fence (which wasnt opened for at least 15 minutes) was about 20 feet from a main road. try getting 3000 fans in that space and what does that lead to? amazing considering there was a large concrete footpath within a stones throw that we could have all been funneled into

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

probably not a wolves fan.It could have bin a blue nose,villa,Albion fan of anyone who got hold of a ticket to the home end,and just went away with his wolves mates to have a **** up.Surely no wolves fan bottles another wolves fan.:(
I highly doubt a Blues Albion or Villa fan would use their time off work and spend a lot of money to go and watch wolves in Europe. I’ve seen wolves supporters fight each other before so this is nothing new to me as disappointing as it is. Need to stick together we’re a pack ffs. Any arguments from social media, pubs etc should be forgot about when we’re all down the Wolves IMO!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's plenty of none wolves fans who gew away mate.At the end of the day it's a jolly for them and any argument s get out of hand,whereas if they're proper wolves fans it can be sorted amicably.There's a couple of lads I know who support liverpool,( born there )not plastics and follow them home and away.BUT they bought tickets in the home end at braga and went with wolves fans.

North Bank

Reaction score
I highly doubt a Blues Albion or Villa fan would use their time off work and spend a lot of money to go and watch wolves in Europe.

Spoke to and had a few beers with 2 seperate blues fans in Braga. 1 with his girlfriend whos a STH in the north bank, the other with his mates who are all south bank STH's. And who can blaim them? Not like blues will be going anywhere like that anytime soon and aslong as they can handle the banter and just generally enjoy watching football, whats the problem?

D

Spoke to and had a few beers with 2 seperate blues fans in Braga. 1 with his girlfriend whos a STH in the north bank, the other with his mates who are all south bank STH's. And who can blaim them? Not like blues will be going anywhere like that anytime soon and aslong as they can handle the banter and just generally enjoy watching football, whats the problem?
Fair play then, I actually quite like Blues decent club and a good fanbase, a lot like us. Think the rivalry between us and them as died down in recent years with us turning our attention to Villa and theirs to Albion. All Blues fans I know say it’s more of a respect thing between the 2 clubs now. Didn’t they also play Braga on their Europa campaign as well? Possibly a reason they would’ve been interested to come over.

L

Lycan

Fair play then, I actually quite like Blues decent club and a good fanbase, a lot like us. Think the rivalry between us and them as died down in recent years with us turning our attention to Villa and theirs to Albion. All Blues fans I know say it’s more of a respect thing between the 2 clubs now. Didn’t they also play Braga on their Europa campaign as well? Possibly a reason they would’ve been interested to come over.

Respect between the clubs? There's absolutely none from me and most Wolves fans I speak to.

Horrible club with scummy tinpot fans.

D

Respect between the clubs? There's absolutely none from me and most Wolves fans I speak to.

Horrible club with scummy tinpot fans.
Well between me and my wolves and blues supporting mates we all agree in recent years there’s a lot more respect there because of hatred of Villa and their very recent hatred of Albion. Probably depends on where you grew up and age as well but I’ve never really been bothered about them...

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well between me and my wolves and blues supporting mates we all agree in recent years there’s a lot more respect there because of hatred of Villa and their very recent hatred of Albion. Probably depends on where you grew up and age as well but I’ve never really been bothered about them...
Over the years only one incident with blues fans springs to mind with me. So, that cast aside they don't bother me. A bit like a fly buzzing round your food, no matter how hard you try you can't get rid of the annoying little **** :)

Back
Top Bottom