Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Boly

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outstanding today.
He's without doubt our best defender and I'd go as far as saying he's one of the best defenders in the prem. I think he's quite underated by other fans to our advantage.

What did we buy him for again?
What's he worth now? (not wanting to sell him before someone turns this post into something else)

What better defender have you seen play for the Wolves?

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Apart from Van Dijk (And Laporte, forgot him when I said this earlier), I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WOW. was he up for it,all what!! class act

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's 6 competitive games and only an OG conceded. Boly has been immense since he arrived but I think that is the best game he's had for us. Total commitment and control. Never looked fazed and strode through the game. Brilliant!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible defending from the wall once again. At the very peak of his game and up there in the very top tier of defenders in the Premier league

Must have been some defence Porto had when he couldn't get a game, but to our advantage and £10M later we have an absolute steal

Will be at this level for a goof 4/5 years as well but it's not just the superb defending, his distribution and bringing out of the ball is top draw as well. Not just a blocker by any stretch of the imagination!

Not sure I can think of many, or any better than him in my time. Maybe Lescott for a period, or Deano, but I think the man mountain that is Willy Boly is, literally, head and shoulders above anyone else right now

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I can’t remember a better centre back playing for us in my 40 odd years watching Wolves. Even when we won the League Cup and finished 6th in 1979/80, our central defenders were not a patch on how good Boly is. Richards and Curle were a great partnership, Lescott was a great player before he moved on to Everton, Paul Blades was World class, but none are fit to lace Boly’s massive boots. We are so lucky to have him. Actually I’ve just remembered Floyd Streete, so scrap all that.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Loved the stare he gave Jonny in the second half for ****ing about with a challenge on the touch line.

If Maguire is now the benchmark what must Boly be worth.

W

woodgreenwolf

So good

The fact we play 3 at the back stops him from getting attention from other fans/teams

Good...he is so important to us and we have no real cover

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a great game again, looks like he’s starting where he left off.

He’s not English so that will keep his potential price tag down.Hopefully we won’t have to find out and will only sell on our terms many years from now.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Made Perez look like he was an Under-13 playing against an adult.

He’s the best defender I’ve ever seen at Wolves. Better than Lescott and Richards. Genuinely stunned that the likes of Arsenal didn’t come in for him this Summer.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s the best defender I’ve ever seen at Wolves. Better than Lescott and Richards. Genuinely stunned that the likes of Arsenal didn’t come in for him this Summer.
Agree, this is why I think he's a bit underated by other fans/teams... and long may that continue.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They might have done privately. Then got quoted something like the Maguire price and ran away screaming.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to talkSport last week Boly was the reason the Maguire move to Manure was held up as Boly was off to Leicester to replace him after we'd replaced Boly which fell through when 2 different defenders turned us down.

Tom

Reaction score
Has he never been mentioned for France???? Why???

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Has he never been mentioned for France???? Why???
This is gonna sound like a dumb question but if he never got called up for France and stayed playing for us long enough, could he qualify to play for England?!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The man's a beast. Reads the game well, strong in the air and on the ground. Another reason why these are very, very good days to be a Wolves fan. Breathe it all in and make the most lads and lasses!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to talkSport last week Boly was the reason the Maguire move to Manure was held up as Boly was off to Leicester to replace him after we'd replaced Boly which fell through when 2 different defenders turned us down.

I wouldn’t believe anything from Talksport !!

A spoofing shop!

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

What a player. Some people will find this a futile comparison but I used to really like Sol Campbell in his pomp. Boly's attributes remind me of him. Athletic, reads the game exceptionally well, commanding in both boxes and also looks comfortable striding out of defence with the ball.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

I really have no idea if it was true or not but I can imagine Leicester wanting Boly, perhaps they will come in for him in January with a big bid.

And I'd love a crack at Beyonce but it doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom