Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bolton

Rockstar Wolf

Reaction score
Didn't do Birmingham much harm, but hopefully it'll make them more gash than normal.

P

Penk Wolf

I wouldn't lose too much sleep if we lost those players.

Reaction score
It sounds bad, but looking at the list they won't miss a lot of them. Gives them some flexibility in bringing in new players I suppose, but to let so many go on a free obviously means they're not getting fees in to reinvest. Who knows really! No idea what Bolton will do next year.

P

Penk Wolf

It would have been interesting to know which ones they would have kept had they stayed up. I don't think the list would have differed that much.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still got a decent squad looking at it though, sure Ngog and Petrov will create and score goals in this league

1 Adam Bogdan Goalkeeper
2 Gretar Rafn Steinsson Defender
3 Marcos Alonso Defender
6 Fabrice Muamba Midfielder
7 Chris Eagles Midfielder
8 Stuart Holden Midfielder
10 Martin Petrov Midfielder
12 Zat Knight Defender
14 Kevin Davies Striker
15 Tyrone Mears Defender
16 Mark Davies Midfielder
18 Samuel Ricketts Defender
21 Darren Pratley Midfielder
24 David Ngog Striker
26 Rob Lainton Goalkeeper
27 Chung-Yong Lee Midfielder
29 Marvin Sordell Striker
31 David Wheater Defender
32 Tim Ream Defender

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Petrov's leaving and N'gog is poor-average.

They're stronger than I thought they'd be though, although they'll lose a couple of players, Wheater is out until February and Muamba is out indefinitely.

D

Deleted member 4023

Still got a decent squad looking at it though, sure Ngog and Petrov will create and score goals in this league

1 Adam Bogdan Goalkeeper
2 Gretar Rafn Steinsson Defender
3 Marcos Alonso Defender
6 Fabrice Muamba Midfielder
7 Chris Eagles Midfielder
8 Stuart Holden Midfielder
10 Martin Petrov Midfielder
12 Zat Knight Defender
14 Kevin Davies Striker
15 Tyrone Mears Defender
16 Mark Davies Midfielder
18 Samuel Ricketts Defender
21 Darren Pratley Midfielder
24 David Ngog Striker
26 Rob Lainton Goalkeeper
27 Chung-Yong Lee Midfielder
29 Marvin Sordell Striker
31 David Wheater Defender
32 Tim Ream Defender

Very poor squad (especially with regard to the goalkeeping section). Several other players have agents in talks as their contract have less than 12 mths to run) Holden, Lee, Ngog & Mavis (Mark Cheater Davies) don't fancy the chumpionship. I work with Bolton fans & they are fearing the worst. They also hate Coyle & want him to 'do one'

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see Lee being there next season. Yes he spent most of last season injured but he proved in the season before what a good player he is. They will also get offers for Mark Davies and Kevin Davies from lower prem clubs

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin Davies just signed a 1 year extension and will be a good Championship player.

Mark Davies is a snivelling little upstart who will jump ship at the earliest opportunity though.

They'll have a decent squad next year although I'd like to think ours will be stronger. Who knows?

W

we8wba

wether they keep them is another matter but you could effectively say bolton have gained three First Team regs in Lee, Holden, Mears who will be fit for the season. if any those remain they will have gained a great player at this standard

E

EdwardLoxdale

I cant see Lee being there next season. Yes he spent most of last season injured but he proved in the season before what a good player he is. They will also get offers for Mark Davies and Kevin Davies from lower prem clubs

Kevin Davies has just signed a new deal so he wont be going anywhere. Can see Mark Davies going to a premier league club though and Lee would be a good signing for someone like Villa. He looks a real tasty player.

J

Jamesjh89

Kevin Davies has just signed a new deal so he wont be going anywhere. Can see Mark Davies going to a premier league club though and Lee would be a good signing for someone like Villa. He looks a real tasty player.

Im hungry, is he edible?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding is that they are £100m in debt. This does not leave them much scope in signing players. I suspect they will need immediate promotion if the club is not going to survive in the Championship. having said that I would rate Coyle a decent manager and capable of getting them promoted.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the decent ones there will get picked off... M Davies, Lee, Petrov, Holden etc

Not bothered who's left - they've just got relegated cos they're crap, and what quality was there have to be sold - don't see what all the fuss is about... they're just gonna go further and further into debt too... couldn't happen to a nicer club...

I would take Klasnic in a shot though, particularly if he's on a free...

(and potentially Eagles if we lose Jarvo)

F

FLEET WOLF

Holden may stay, as he has been out all season and he may wish to prove himself again-however, he is the sort of player they could lose in January. They missed him a lot this season, really good player I think.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Holden may stay, as he has been out all season and he may wish to prove himself again-however, he is the sort of player they could lose in January. They missed him a lot this season, really good player I think.

good point - his injuries however might just reinforce to him how short a footballer's career potentially is! And how important it is to play at the top level for as much as you possibly can!!

;)

Agree though, top, top player - and completely wasted at a $$$$-hole like Bolton

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fit Holden is potentially the best midfielder in the league from what I've seen. May struggle to get back to that standard after the knee injury though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin Davies just signed a 1 year extension and will be a good Championship player.

Mark Davies is a snivelling little upstart who will jump ship at the earliest opportunity though.

They'll have a decent squad next year although I'd like to think ours will be stronger. Who knows?

If our squad is not one of the strongest if not the strongest in the league next season then serious questions should be asked!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fit Holden is potentially the best midfielder in the league from what I've seen. May struggle to get back to that standard after the knee injury though.

I think a fully fit OHara could be the best midfielder in the league.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take Holden over O'hara

Jamie is good alright - much better than Championship level - but Holden is something else entirely.

D

Deleted member 4023

Anyway - £100 mill in debt, half a squad of players or not, they're about to change kit to Adidas.

B

bridgnorthwolf

I think a fully fit OHara could be the best midfielder in the league.

There's no think about it, he would be easily!

The only doubtful part is that he can stay fully fit for a considerable period of time. On his day he's different class to Holden.

Blackpool at Molineux last season he bossed the show, and if you squinted that's the closest performance i've ever seen live to Bill McGarry's Wolves that I've always wanted us to be like.

Back
Top Bottom