Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blues retire the number 22 shirt

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe it either. So small time.

But, he did effectively give them £25m by signing a new deal and ensuring Blues got a transfer fee, so they will do anything they can to thank him and apparently his brother is even better (although we hear that **** a lot) so they want to keep him sweet. Still, so embarrassing.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"In such a remarkably short space of time Jude has become an iconic figure at Blues, showing what can be achieved through talent, hard work and dedication."

And now he is f***ing off to Germany as soon as possible.
Obviously something to celebrate for the Blues fans.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the talk over the years of fake news I genuinely thought that story was a joke.

If they wanted to inspire future generations wouldn't it be better to keep the number 22 so they could emulate Bellingham? Retiring it is like saying nobody could ever hope to be as good as someone who hasn't achieved anything other than a big transfer fee. He obviously has huge potential, but come on. I've never been a fan of retiring numbers even for legends. I know when I was a kid I'd have loved to have been the next Wolves number 9.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laughable. Absolute ****ing joke of a club.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
WTF, I could only think the last 4 months didn't count and it was April 1st. Has to be one of the most pathetic things in football ever.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly never watched him.

Is he really good?

I've seen him a fair few times and he doesn't stand out in terms of excellent passing through to a striker or scoring goals from outside the box but you also completely forget that he was 16-years-old (when I saw him). So, to be holding your own and not looking out of place at that age is some going and he does look as though he could be a right powerhouse in the next few years with his physique.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the talk over the years of fake news I genuinely thought that story was a joke.

If they wanted to inspire future generations wouldn't it be better to keep the number 22 so they could emulate Bellingham? Retiring it is like saying nobody could ever hope to be as good as someone who hasn't achieved anything other than a big transfer fee. He obviously has huge potential, but come on. I've never been a fan of retiring numbers even for legends. I know when I was a kid I'd have loved to have been the next Wolves number 9.

My mate sent it to me and i thought it was a joke. I couldnt believe it when further research revealed it to be true.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Clever, very clever, if they do this for every player to reach 40 games and move on they'll soon be selling shirts with 100+ on the back, think of all the revenue that extra digit will bring in. Plus no doubt right now all this season's excess stock is being printed with Bellingham 22 on the back and will appear on their web site tomorrow for £9.99 a throw. Someone's thinking ahead.

Next season when he scores his first goal for Dortmund they will be able to charge fans an extra £4.49 for pie and mash in the Jude Bellingham commemorative restaurant. Then when he gets sold and they get their 0.01% sell on they will be able to re-paint the bogs in the newly named Jude Bellingham Stand.

They will really go to town and will rename the club Bellingham City if he manages to get an England cap.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clever, very clever, if they do this for every player to reach 40 games and move on they'll soon be selling shirts with 100+ on the back, think of all the revenue that extra digit will bring in. Plus no doubt right now all this season's excess stock is being printed with Bellingham 22 on the back and will appear on their web site tomorrow for £9.99 a throw. Someone's thinking ahead.

Next season when he scores his first goal for Dortmund they will be able to charge fans an extra £4.49 for pie and mash in the Jude Bellingham commemorative restaurant. Then when he gets sold and they get their 0.01% sell on they will be able to re-paint the bogs in the newly named Jude Bellingham Stand.

They will really go to town and will rename the club Bellingham City if he manages to get an England cap.
It's worrying that only some of that sounds like *******s ...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I hope that Bellingham stand won't be behind the goal. You know what it will be known as.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Police investigations continue after some one vandalised The blues training ground
Screenshot_20200723_160956.jpg

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That shows how few quality players Blues have had in their 100 odd year history, he is gonna be a massive player though, very mature player for someone so young and Dortmund is the perfect club for him

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I threw up in my mouth when I saw this.

This is possibly the most embarrassing thing a club has ever done.

I hate football sometimes.
It reminds of years back when they stopped up on the last day and they genuinely did a lap of honour with their kids lapping up all of the ‘praise’.It was far from a thank you to the fans.It was beyond embarrassing.
Beyond tin pot

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Retiring shirts is absolute cobblers anyway....and that is above and beyond the fact that the matchday squad should wear 1 to 11 with the subs wearing the next numbers....
I do wonder about the world sometimes

D

Deleted member 5910

Besides nearly breaking my own back from cringing so hard, this is disrespectful to all the players whose shirt numbers were retired for reasons such as death or forced retirement.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aside from being one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in football (and that’s saying something) what a massive slap in the face that is to the players who actually contributed to the club
Be quite funny if he never makes it for Dortmund and fans have to forever live with this

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Aside from being one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in football (and that’s saying something) what a massive slap in the face that is to the players who actually contributed to the club
Be quite funny if he never makes it for Dortmund and fans have to forever live with this
Wouldn’t Trevor Francis and Bob Latchford be better examples for retiring shirts?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we didn't have set squad numbers back when Robbie Keane played, but it's kind of like Wolves retiring his number when he left. He went for a UK record fee for a teenager and did more for Wolves than Bellingham has for Brummagem. It would have been stupid.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Retiring shirts is absolute cobblers anyway....and that is above and beyond the fact that the matchday squad should wear 1 to 11 with the subs wearing the next numbers....
I do wonder about the world sometimes
Squad numbers have been around quite a while and are here to stay.

Back
Top Bottom